Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats your dream job?

Go down 
+7
crystalsbirdtoys
hannahbird
dusty
GlassOnion
ScooterNScotty
zazanomore
VickiNumbers
11 posters
AuthorMessage
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

Whats your dream job? Empty
PostSubject: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 10:39 am

Mine would be to own a huge (gym-sized) indoor/outdoor free-flight aviary in town where people could come and interact with all kinds of tame, flighted birds. In the same place, I'd like to have a flight area open to the public - perhaps even make it indoor/outdoor as well for days when the weather is nice. I'd combine it with a breeding program, store, and a small rescue/sanctuary for birds who are really in need of a place to recover - kinda like birdie rehab. Smile  

Man, I'll have to win a HUGE lottery, huh?  
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 11:50 am

My dream job would of been to be Steve Irwin's assistant. Fat chance of that happening.

My dream is to be able to open a therapy farm. I want to help people heal through animals. It's a big dream, but if you are going to dream, might as well dream big!

I also want to be able to open a sanctuary for unwanted budgies. They are the most underrated and unappropriated bird. I could spend hours looking up local ads of people trying to get rid of their budgies. People see them as something replaceable. I think they are just as precious as the smartest Grey or the biggest Macaw and deserve respect.
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 3:44 pm

I used to say I had my dream job, but it's more like a nightmare anymore.

If I knew, I'd be doing it... right now, I'm inclined to fantasize about writing a best-selling pulp mystery novel series. Set my own hours, do something creative, get to travel, get to work at home with the birdies... There are no series involving a parrot detective that I have found. Or how about a parrot vampire?
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Parrot vampire? scratch Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 4:36 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
I used to say I had my dream job, but it's more like a nightmare anymore.

If I knew, I'd be doing it... right now, I'm inclined to fantasize about writing a best-selling pulp mystery novel series. Set my own hours, do something creative, get to travel, get to work at home with the birdies... There are no series involving a parrot detective that I have found. Or how about a parrot vampire?

a parrot vampire...i have an amazon named willie that fits that description...drew blood from me many times....lol

best job for me is towel boy at womens spa...yessssss...lmao

dusty
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 4:40 pm

oops did i say that out loud...lol

dusty
Back to top Go down
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 8:20 pm

Exotic animal trainer. I've wanted to do that my whole entire life. My parents got my this animal encyclopedia when I was in kindergarden, and they said I would carry it everywhere and tell them about all the animals for as long as anyone would listen haha.
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 11:21 pm

dusty wrote:

dusty

LOL

hannahbird wrote:
Exotic animal trainer. I've wanted to do that my whole entire life. My parents got my this animal encyclopedia when I was in kindergarden, and they said I would carry it everywhere and tell them about all the animals for as long as anyone would listen haha.

I was the same. My grandmother would buy me National Geographic tapes and I'd watch them over and over again. My childhood hero was Jane Goodall.

This Spring I get to handle an adult cheetah Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
crystalsbirdtoys
Senegal
crystalsbirdtoys

My Birds : African Grey - Merlin
Caique - Rosco
Cockatiel - Stryder

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:52 pm

I had it last decade - I worked with parrots and educated people...I really miss it some days - it kept me busy (and I had better posture Wink ), but the pay kept me at the poverty level, despite being a manager.

For now I'll stick with my Clark Kent Day job, and dream of opening a feathered & furry animal toy store and work it full time & have the ability to bring our fids to work!

So for now I live the dream by evening/nights/weekends. I love what I do as Super Woman Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalsbirdtoys.com
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:43 pm

Best selling author with several retreat homes I could get to in a moments notice... Tuscany, Ireland, Scotland....and an aviary at each one. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:52 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
LOL, parrot vampire. Have any of you ever read that kids book about the vampire bunny? Whats your dream job? 820986233

dusty wrote:

best job for me is towel boy at womens spa...yessssss...lmao

dusty
LOL Whats your dream job? 1335033401

I'm with you, SnS, in the novel fantasizing. Fiction of some sort, a Dan Brown-esque fantasy adventure would be incredible, IMO. And Vikki - totally want the whole "best selling" thing to be a part of that!

I don't really have a dream job yet. I want to be a jack of all trades, at least for a little while, because I want to try waitressing, teaching and babysitting/daycare, but so far I don't know which will make me a happy clam. And then there are a zillion other things that would be interesting: international couriering, personal assistant, English teacher abroad, cultural anthropology, shrink (sorry, therapist or counselor), anything in another country, restaurateur, and on and on the list goes... and it changes and gets longer every once in a while. There are just too many professions...
Back to top Go down
crystalsbirdtoys
Senegal
crystalsbirdtoys

My Birds : African Grey - Merlin
Caique - Rosco
Cockatiel - Stryder

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:05 pm

Vikki wrote:
Best selling author with several retreat homes I could get to in a moments notice... Tuscany, Ireland, Scotland....and an aviary at each one. Smile

Oooh, that sounds nice Very Happy

You can always hire your staff taking care of your aviaries from PPF Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalsbirdtoys.com
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Naturally I would need help... and someone at each location to properly socialize my fids.
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:01 pm

I just about have my dream profession flappinhappy
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:14 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
I just about have my dream profession Whats your dream job? 4014162036
What is it, if I may ask? (Sorry if you've said before and I've forgotten... Smile )
Back to top Go down
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:26 pm

zazanomore wrote:
dusty wrote:

dusty

LOL

hannahbird wrote:

I was the same. My grandmother would buy me National Geographic tapes and I'd watch them over and over again. My childhood hero was Jane Goodall.

This Spring I get to handle an adult cheetah Twisted Evil
Haha I had those kind of tapes too! My heros were(stil are) Jack Hannah, Steve Irwin and Jane Goodall (:
And lucky!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:33 pm

EC, I'll give you the advice they gave me at your age: "Go to a good liberal arts school". I wound up where I am basically by following my nose. I went to UNC-CH (because NC was as far away from home as my parents would let me get) and when they forced me to declare a major, I declared the subject I was enjoying the most that semester, which happened to be physics. It may take time to figure out what really engages you, but it is worth being genuinely interested in what you do. In the meantime, a good education will stand you in good stead and expose you to a lot of options.
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:50 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
EC, I'll give you the advice they gave me at your age: "Go to a good liberal arts school". I wound up where I am basically by following my nose. I went to UNC-CH (because NC was as far away from home as my parents would let me get) and when they forced me to declare a major, I declared the subject I was enjoying the most that semester, which happened to be physics. It may take time to figure out what really engages you, but it is worth being genuinely interested in what you do. In the meantime, a good education will stand you in good stead and expose you to a lot of options.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm waiting for: education and experience. When I get to that point I'll figure out what interests me and go from there. Thanks for the advice Smile
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:53 pm

You are welcome!
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 6:48 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
Shoot, since EC's homeschooled, you want to be her ad hoc guidance counselor? She's to be starting JC come spring semester.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 8:29 pm

patdbunny wrote:

Shoot, since EC's homeschooled, you want to be her ad hoc guidance counselor? She's to be starting JC come spring semester.

Be careful what you wish for!
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:18 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
patdbunny wrote:

I'm clicking the heels of my ruby slippers and I'm not wishing for home. . .
Takes a village to raise a child.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:44 am

patdbunny wrote:
ScooterNScotty wrote:
patdbunny wrote:

I'm clicking the heels of my ruby slippers and I'm not wishing for home. . .
Takes a village to raise a child.

Oh boy, does it ever. A local village would be ideal, but a virtual village is a great backup plan!
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
Nevermore
Cockatiel

My Birds : Captain Jack Parrot: Green-cheeked Conure

Cheeky/Sir Cheeks - Cockatiel

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:20 am

I am currently working my dream job....so.... coldtrance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats your dream job?   Whats your dream job? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats your dream job?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Off Topic Posts :: Non-Parrot Discussions-
Jump to: