Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheney Bird's Adoption Story.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

Cheney Bird's Adoption Story. Empty
PostSubject: Cheney Bird's Adoption Story.   Cheney Bird's Adoption Story. EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Cheney Bird was adopted from The Bailey Foundation on March 13, 2011. He came to the rescue when he was found in someone's backyard in Baltimore, Maryland in the summer of 2010. Months of trying to track down an owner led no where and Cheney Bird (formerly known as Q.T. Pie) was made available for adoption.

I was wary of adopting a bird because I had absolutely no idea what I was getting in to. Would he hate me? Would he try to eat my budgies? I thought of all of the awful things that could happen. Luckily, the Bailey Foundation performs outreach services with parrots so he was pretty well socialized.

My little monster is now the highlight of my life. I couldn't imagine not having him, even if he does force me to ask him if I need to kill him at least once a day. He loves his new friends, often spending hours playing with them. And surprisingly, they seem quite fond of him too.

I had such a positive experience with a rescue bird that I have no doubts I'd do it again, though I still do want my own special baby. Cheney Bird has been thriving off the attention he gets here, and even the rescue is surprised by how well he's doing.
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: Cheney Bird's Adoption Story.   Cheney Bird's Adoption Story. EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:49 pm

Aw, he probably thinks he's in heaven with you Very Happy I didn't realize he was so new - belated congratulations!!! Hope you have many more happy years with Cheney Bird!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Cheney Bird's Adoption Story.   Cheney Bird's Adoption Story. EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:53 pm

LyzGrace wrote:
Aw, he probably thinks he's in heaven with you Very Happy

I'm not so sure about that! I think he thinks I was trying to drown him this morning. Laughing I filled the bathtub up with 1/4 inch of water for him and he looked mortified. He still doesn't want to come hang out with me.

But, thank you!
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Cheney Bird's Adoption Story.   Cheney Bird's Adoption Story. EmptySun May 22, 2011 6:14 pm

KayLayUh wrote:
My little monster is now the highlight of my life.
I'm glad things work out. You seem to be completely fall in love/C.B seems to trust you every day more! I love to read that stories Yes
And I wish you good luck with the next one(Tiel or Lovebird?)
Back to top Go down
Perch
Budgerigar
Perch

My Birds : Pickle the spoiled, Ecco the sweet, Merlyn the big, Arthur the brat, and Sebastian the loud

PostSubject: Re: Cheney Bird's Adoption Story.   Cheney Bird's Adoption Story. EmptySun May 22, 2011 11:33 pm

i don't know much about the bailey foundation but most rescues will strive to make you and the bird comfee. glad it worked for you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheney Bird's Adoption Story.   Cheney Bird's Adoption Story. Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheney Bird's Adoption Story.
Page 1 of 1