Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does your bird poo...

Go down 
+3
coral
GlassOnion
VickiNumbers
7 posters
AuthorMessage
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

Does your bird poo... Empty
PostSubject: Does your bird poo...   Does your bird poo... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:20 pm

... in its cage?

I ask because with the exception of the first couple of nights after I brought Allie home, neither she nor JJ ever poo'd in their night cage.  In fact, I don't think Allie has poo'd in her big day cage either.  She'll poo on the play top, but not when she's inside. I know she's been in her night cage for 12 hours at a stretch (not all of them asleep) and she holds it until I get her out and take her to the bathroom to go. Same thing with the day cage. I wouldn't even need to change paper if it weren't for food crumbs and feathers!

My other birds are the total opposite. They'll go anywhere: In the cage, out of it, on top, down the side; on peoples shoulders, heads and legs; arms of chairs, backs of sofas... no place is sacred (unfortunately). 

I'm wondering if I'm just lucky with the two birds I've happened on to or if it's a Green Cheek thing. Or a conure thing, or some other thing... Because it sure isn't a training thing!!  

I'm interested too hear what y'all say.
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Does your bird poo...   Does your bird poo... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 5:48 pm

Mine poo everywhere.
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

My Birds : CAG-Mikko, Blue headed pionus- Marty, 11 finches

PostSubject: Re: Does your bird poo...   Does your bird poo... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:08 pm

mine both wait to poo when i let them out in the mornings. and they will both poo on the play tops
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Does your bird poo...   Does your bird poo... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Scooter definitely poos in his cage. He's quite good about not pooing on me. But he's in the cage a good portion of the day and in his previous life was caged pretty close to 24/7. His first morning deposit is awe inspiring -- is there really that much room in a small bird? But he pretty much insists on doing it before coming out rather than the other way around.

Scooty poos anywhere anytime. He's smart, I could easily train him, but no one ever has.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does your bird poo...   Does your bird poo... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 7:10 pm

Sparrow very nearly ONLY poos in his cage.

Tiki poos everywhere.

Tortuga poos on anything she can't eat or destory. Does your bird poo... 2277367267
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

My Birds : CAG-Mikko, Blue headed pionus- Marty, 11 finches

PostSubject: Re: Does your bird poo...   Does your bird poo... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:29 pm

marty and mikko do a good job of not pooing around my room but if i take them upstairs they poo on the couches, floor, counters, ect. but neither has pooed on me since the first week or so i got them Does your bird poo... 2277367267 i didnt potty train them i guess they knew if they poo on me they go back on the cage so i cage clean up lol
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Does your bird poo...   Does your bird poo... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:48 pm

Mine poo everywhere, including in their cage.

I've met other people's birds that have a peculiar habit of not pooping in their cage and they've not been trained to do that. I don't think it's a GCC thing. I've met zons and pionus that do this.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Does your bird poo...   Does your bird poo... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 8:49 pm

Maybe it depends on what they perceive as their "nest".
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Does your bird poo...   Does your bird poo... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:09 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
Scooter definitely poos in his cage. His first morning deposit is awe inspiring -- is there really that much room in a small bird? But he pretty much insists on doing it before coming out rather than the other way around.

Holy Cow - Allie is the same way (JJ was too for that matter). There's almost more poop than there is bird. affraid There's no question what happens to the food she eats all day, her's could rival some Macaw droppings I've seen! NOseehearspeak So for that matter, I'm kinda glad she waits till we get to the bathroom to let that one go. (Did I really just say that out loud? outloud? )

Oh, my birds, my birds...
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Does your bird poo...   Does your bird poo... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:29 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
Mine poo everywhere.

Does your bird poo... 3938999417
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: Does your bird poo...   Does your bird poo... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:36 am

Arthur seems to poo indiscriminately, both in and out of the cage. Merlin is another matter. He definitely poos in his cage, but has certain places he uses. He does not poo in his food or water (Arthur does in his food) thank goodness, and makes a point of going before he comes to me when I open his cage, often off the cage door right into the garbage can below. Merlin also will not poo on me unless by accident. He jumps off, does his business, then jumps back on.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Does your bird poo...   Does your bird poo... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 5:28 pm

Apparently mine are skilled in synchronized pooping. Three just pooed on my laptop at the same time. . .
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does your bird poo...   Does your bird poo... Empty

Back to top Go down

Does your bird poo...
Page 1 of 1