Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just love Capitalism...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

Just love Capitalism... Empty
PostSubject: Just love Capitalism...   Just love Capitalism... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 6:13 pm

Well, my stint as a brilliant online reporter has come to an end it seems, and none too soon. I had written 6 articles in less than 3 months and had over 250 views in that short period of time and yet based on my month to month reporting, they say I had only earned $1.97. $1.97?!?! Are you freaking kidding me?

Then this afternoon I got this BS email from them saying congratulations, since I had so many views that I was boosted into their VIP roster of writers and was considered in their top 20%. OK, then why wasn't I making actual money. Every other day they were sending me emails about how I should be promoting my stuff and getting more fans and.... blah blah blah. I'm sorry, I've worked as a REAL reporter before and even at its worst, I was normally paid by the article or by the word count and never made less than $50 for an article.

I told them I was insulted by their lack of payment and they attributed it to the pay scale based on views and not actual material published. When I asked them to explain why this pay scale was only offering me $2 for over $200 worth of research and work.... they deleted my account and everything on it.

Not happy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: Just love Capitalism...   Just love Capitalism... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:22 pm

That's why i stick to parrot forums. Don't expect much, and won't be dissapointed, helping birds and owners is enough.You'll never be paid for what advice is worth and that's OK.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Just love Capitalism...   Just love Capitalism... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:55 pm

That's why I have my site and blog, where I can express my thoughts anytime I want and knowing that there will be no disappointment.

Vikki, during communism (referring to title of your post), they would pay you nothing, you would do it for "ideology reasons", or another bs like that Wink

p.s. Captain, a lot of people do appreciate your advices on forums!
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: Just love Capitalism...   Just love Capitalism... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 11:58 pm

sorry to hear that vikki....they lost a good reporter...well i'm still a fan...stay with us where you are appreciated

dusty
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Just love Capitalism...   Just love Capitalism... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:26 am

They should have been more up front about the pay scale! Oh well, it'll add to your CV. Now what?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just love Capitalism...   Just love Capitalism... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just love Capitalism...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Off Topic Posts :: Non-Parrot Discussions-
Jump to: