Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I just need to tell you all...

Go down 
+8
VickiNumbers
hannahbird
RogerP
ScooterNScotty
zazanomore
patdbunny
kaeladedah
GlassOnion
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

I just need to tell you all... Empty
PostSubject: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:46 pm

that I'm going to go insane, batty, rip my hair out, etc if I have to live with Apple's incessant screaming for the next 20 years. As much as I love him, WHY DOES HE NEED TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE CROWS? He's been screaming for about 4 hours today, and somehow the provocative caws penetrate through closed windows/music/etc. Am I actually going to live in agony until he dies, and probably get evicted from every apartment I find?
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:51 pm

Would you like CB? He has been screaming all day.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:53 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
that I'm going to go insane, batty, rip my hair out, etc if I have to live with Apple's incessant screaming for the next 20 years. As much as I love him, WHY DOES HE NEED TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE CROWS? He's been screaming for about 4 hours today, and somehow the provocative caws penetrate through closed windows/music/etc. Am I actually going to live in agony until he dies, and probably get evicted from every apartment I find?
Because he's a bird! That's what they do - chatter all day. Doubt you'll get evicted over a tiel. Too bad you find it to be agony. Put in some earbuds, turn on some music and you won't hear him anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:55 pm

My guys are terrific :3
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:57 pm

IT's not chatter! It's full-blown screams of desperation or that's how they come across. The screams can be heard over a block away with all windows closed. tragedy
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:58 pm

How tame is he? Is he not bonded to you?
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:59 pm

He's very tame, bonded to me, etc. But he used to live in an outdoor aviary with a female cockatiel and a bunch of lovies until his mate died. He was tame then too.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:02 pm

Sounds like Sam & Eric's dad.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:07 pm

How's he doing?
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:09 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
How's he doing?
What do you mean? He's fine. Outside whistling up a storm. He talks to crows, too. Except he caws at them.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:11 pm

Hmmmph.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:12 pm

CB also yells at the crows. And when he sees them come near, he flies around the apartment like a loon.
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:02 pm

Ear plugs, I think. My guess is that the more you feel like you should be able to control it, the more it will bug you... but you can't! I get antsy when I feel the TV is too loud, but the birds never really bother me, because I have that filed away under "that's how things are".
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 1:23 am

With Merlin it is Seagulls on TV. I am starting to hate beach scenes.
Back to top Go down
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 1:44 am

Zada doesn't pay any attention to the outside birds. She only calls if she hears another macaw from youtube or animal planet haha
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 2:08 pm

Okay. This is kind of relevant.

Me and Einstein were playing in the living room. The budgies were in the bird room, doing what budgies do. Suddenly, I hear this weird bird sound. It was like, this deep, continuous, call. It didn't sound right at all. I couldn't hear anything in the bird room, and Einstein went dead quiet.

I get up and check the budgies. Everyone is fine, but standing still.

I go into the kitchen, look out the window, and there's this little birdie, singing his or her little heart out. He sees me and scurries off.

I wonder if he could hear my guys.

Either way, it was kind of sweet Smile
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Aww that IS sweet!!
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:21 pm

DEB - DON'T READ THIS!!!

I'm convinced that my birds go bat-shit crazy in the couple of days around the full moon. I first noticed it with the birds in the store when JJ was a baby and I was going to visit her every day for... forever. I'd notice that there were days that the birds seemed EXCEPTIONALLY loud and I'd comment on it. Karen would ask where we were in the lunar cycle and we'd look it up, and sure enough we'd be within a day of the full moon.

Now, I'm noticing the same thing at home. Caesar and Sam were screaming their fool heads off yesterday, I had no IDEA what was going on... was I being hyper sensitive? Usually it doesn't bother me, but yesterday I had to put in my ear-plugs and I STILL wanted to strangle them. I called my hubs and told him we were going out to dinner, because if we stayed home I was going to burn down the house. (He agreed with my idea.)

On our way home, I happened to notice that the moon looked pretty full, and looked it up today and tonight is the full moon. The birds at the store were screaming like idiots today (Karen and I had to raise our voices to talk), and Caesar and Sam were at it again (till I put Sam in the shower and drenched him). Now it's just Caesar against my earplugs.

So call ME crazy, but I think the moon has something to do with our crazy birds.

Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:22 pm

Have I ever mentioned that I don't follow orders very well?

If they live in a room that isn't blackout-blinded it's possible they don't sleep as well when the weather is clear and the moon is full. They really are strongly affected by light levels. I've noticed no correlation, but the room they are in stays pretty dark and both lived an extended period in stores that never got totally dark anyway.

The only obvious thing that might affect them that's correlated with the phase of the moon is light level. If you can think of another one, let me know.

BTW, extra credit to the first person that correctly explains why we see lunar phases!
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:26 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:

BTW, extra credit to the first person that correctly explains why we see lunar phases!

Because even though half the moon is always lit by the sun, we don't always see it? As it orbits around the Earth, the amount of the lit side we see changes?
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:42 pm

kaeladedah wrote:
ScooterNScotty wrote:

Because even though half the moon is always lit by the sun, we don't always see it? As it orbits around the Earth, the amount of the lit side we see changes?

A!

Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:45 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
kaeladedah wrote:
ScooterNScotty wrote:

A!

That NASA website really comes in handy. Who knew!
Back to top Go down
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:35 pm

VickiNumbers wrote:
DEB - DON'T READ THIS!!!

I'm convinced that my birds go bat-shit crazy in the couple of days around the full moon. I first noticed it with the birds in the store when JJ was a baby and I was going to visit her every day for... forever. I'd notice that there were days that the birds seemed EXCEPTIONALLY loud and I'd comment on it. Karen would ask where we were in the lunar cycle and we'd look it up, and sure enough we'd be within a day of the full moon.

Now, I'm noticing the same thing at home. Caesar and Sam were screaming their fool heads off yesterday, I had no IDEA what was going on... was I being hyper sensitive? Usually it doesn't bother me, but yesterday I had to put in my ear-plugs and I STILL wanted to strangle them. I called my hubs and told him we were going out to dinner, because if we stayed home I was going to burn down the house. (He agreed with my idea.)

On our way home, I happened to notice that the moon looked pretty full, and looked it up today and tonight is the full moon. The birds at the store were screaming like idiots today (Karen and I had to raise our voices to talk), and Caesar and Sam were at it again (till I put Sam in the shower and drenched him). Now it's just Caesar against my earplugs.

So call ME crazy, but I think the moon has something to do with our crazy birds.

Glad I am not the only one who thinks this! I notice Zada gets all grumpy and crazy about a week before the full moon.
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:19 am

kaeladedah wrote:
ScooterNScotty wrote:

I thought everyone knew that.

Seriously. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:30 am

geez nobody told me there would be tests in here... Shocked

dusty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just need to tell you all...   I just need to tell you all... Empty

Back to top Go down

I just need to tell you all...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Care :: Parrot Behaviors-
Jump to: