Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for Heat??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
o'TikaandAurora
Lovebird
o'TikaandAurora

My Birds : Tim (Red Wing Parrot)
Prince (Blue Princess Parrot)
Chicken (Pearl Gray Tiel)
Malolo (Cinnamon Pied Tiel)
Aurora (Yellow Sided GCC)
o'Tika (Pineapple GCC)

Looking for Heat?? Empty
PostSubject: Looking for Heat??   Looking for Heat?? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:05 am

Does anyone else have birds that hunt out heat? Mali my Tiel loves to sit on the warm part of my laptop, she either snuggles up behind it where the heat comes out or sits beside that track pad.
She's done it for months, so I doubt she's ill and looking for heat to get better, it's more like a comfort thing. Is it something to worry about tho? Could she hurt herself sitting beside it like that? The only way to stop it is to lock her away or put my laptop away. Or should I look at getting her a heated perch if she likes it so much? Dad'd think I've gone loko, he's just found out that I occasionally leave a light on for her when she has night frights "wild birds don't have night lights you know!" Gee thanks dad Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Looking for Heat?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Heat??   Looking for Heat?? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 4:37 pm

I've been known to leave nightlights on for tiels in case of night frights.

I don't think the heat off a laptop's a concern. I wouldn't worry about heat unless it's hot enough to burn the animal.

Don't see why birds wouldn't seek out heated spots. Other animals do. My cats do, my chihuahua does, I do all the time.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

Looking for Heat?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Heat??   Looking for Heat?? EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:22 pm

I agree, I don't think it is anything out of the ordinary for an animal to seek out a warm spot. Our cats are famous for stealing your chair after you stand up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Looking for Heat?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for Heat??   Looking for Heat?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for Heat??
Page 1 of 1