Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from a wintery South Africa...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jodi'nJet
Budgerigar

My Birds : Jodi, an Orange Winged Amazon

Hello from a wintery South Africa... Empty
PostSubject: Hello from a wintery South Africa...   Hello from a wintery South Africa... EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi there,

Thanks captwest and oatdbunny for the invite to this forum...it all looks great!

For those who don't know me, i'm Tandi, 26 years old and i work as an Air Traffic Controller at O R Tambo International airport in Johannesburg, South Africa! Love my job!

My flock was growing at a rate of knots...but has stopped for now! I'm a proud mama to 2 house birds...Jodi, a male Orange Winged Amazon who is now 11 months old, and Jet, a female Timneh African Grey who is now 7 months old! Love these to babies to bits!!! Jodi is already talking, he says "hello" very clearly now and has also said "what you doing", but only once or twice! He is a really good imitator and will copy us if we whistle or he makes kissing noises when we kiss him and he makes bubble sounds when you pour cooldrink or anything like that! Jet hasn't spoken yet, but i am sure that it is coming really soon! She whistles and also copies us when we do it with her! She is the cutest thing and very determined...if i don't pay her enough attention, she will climb down her cage, get onto the floor and walk to me, wherever i may be! We have to watch where we put our feet due to this...lol...as we wouldn't want to squash her! She does this particularily in the mornings when i am in the kitchen preparing their food!

Having the job i do is great, i work shifts and am therefore able to spend very much time with the birds! And i love it! I find them so entertaining, and i love to watch them play and learn and explore new things!

Then...we aslo have 3 pairs of breeding birds...a beautiful pair of Congo African Greys, they are about 5 years old, and then a pair of Indian Ringnecks and a pair of Mealy Rosella's, and they are both around 2 years old. The Grey's have had babies before, so hopefully i will get some babies out of them by the end of the year!

I always wanted to have a bird when i was younger, but it just never happened! I am glad to have them now, and i never could have imagined the amount of joy that they bring to your life! They are wonderful!

I look forward to getting to know you all, and to learn about your birds, and about my own!
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a wintery South Africa...   Hello from a wintery South Africa... EmptyThu May 26, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi Tandi and your flock Welcome
I'm so glad you came here!
I'll be for sure one of many interested in reading stories about your fids!
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a wintery South Africa...   Hello from a wintery South Africa... EmptyThu May 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi Tandi!
Glad you're here! The more the merrier in the insane asylum! wee
Welcome
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
Jodi'nJet
Budgerigar

My Birds : Jodi, an Orange Winged Amazon

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a wintery South Africa...   Hello from a wintery South Africa... EmptyThu May 26, 2011 8:27 pm

Wow...thank you so much for the warm welcome! Kaylayuh
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a wintery South Africa...   Hello from a wintery South Africa... EmptyThu May 26, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi Tandi, and Jodi & Jet! Welcome to the craziness!
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a wintery South Africa...   Hello from a wintery South Africa... EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:00 pm

hey it's the capt, welcome to the forum , how is my buddy Jodi doin? Man i feel for ya on the egg watch thing, poor Josie is at home worring over eggs now, good luck and do the photo gallery thing, glad your here, Richard and Jake Singing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from a wintery South Africa...   Hello from a wintery South Africa... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from a wintery South Africa...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Welcome :: Introductions-
Jump to: