Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking to update bird cages

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

Looking to update bird cages Empty
PostSubject: Looking to update bird cages   Looking to update bird cages EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 2:59 pm

I really want to buy new cages for the budgies and for Einstein.

I've had their current cages for around 4 or 5 years now: http://elite-pets.com/products.php?product=A36-Black

They seem to be falling apart. They are starting to rust up and the bars have become very flimsy. It is also really difficult to clean. I'm tired of these cages, and I think it's time to upgrade to something that will last a lot longer. 

When I got Charlie, he came with a Kings cage. He's had it for years apparently - and its in perfect condition. I've heard really good things about the Kings cages - so that's what I want.

For the budgies, I am thinking about this cage: http://www.exoticwings.com/shoppe/kings-economy-line-flight-bird-cage-small-p-4092.html

It is bigger than the one they have now, and the bars are thicker. It also has plexi-glass seed guards - what Charlie has on his cage. It makes cleaning a little bit easier, which with multiple budgies could come in handy. 

For Einstein I was looking at both http://www.exoticwings.com/shoppe/kings-luxury-line-small-bird-cage-lux1816-small-p-4085.html and http://www.exoticwings.com/shoppe/kings-luxury-line-open-top-bird-cage-medium-p-4084.html
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Looking to update bird cages   Looking to update bird cages EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 4:12 pm

I really like Scotty's King's Aluminum cage.  I wasn't as impressed in the store with the "regular" ones design features, but I'm looking to update Scooter's and Blanco's cages as well.  Scooter could use a bigger one, and Blanco does the fireman slide down the vertical bars and constantly breaks tail feathers.
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Looking to update bird cages   Looking to update bird cages EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Whatever cage I do decide on getting for Einstein will probably be a bit smaller than the one now. I feel like he only uses about half of the space of the cage anyways. It won't be a huge difference.
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Looking to update bird cages   Looking to update bird cages EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 11:20 pm

Blanco, likewise.  He may end up with Scooter's old one.  He's a perch potato in a giant flight cage!  Scooter is a dynamo in a small cage.
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Looking to update bird cages   Looking to update bird cages EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 12:32 am

Both Charlie and Einstein have their spots that they like to sit. No matter how I change around their cages, they always end up staying in one place. I think the exception to this is when I go into the bird room and they climb up and down all excitedly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking to update bird cages   Looking to update bird cages Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking to update bird cages
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Housing :: Housing, Aviary & Housing DIY-
Jump to: