HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

1000 Budgies outside of my Bedroom window

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Polytelismedia
Budgerigar

My Birds : All in the wild

PostSubject: 1000 Budgies outside of my Bedroom window   Sat May 28, 2011 6:28 pm

Okay first off many will think that I am:
a. Using an interesting variety of illegal substances...
b. Old and delusional (well I did just have my 56th birthday but not delusional yet... hopefully..)
c. In Australia and this is actually true!

After my keen desire to see and film Princess Parrots the next species I was so excited to see were budgies in the wild! I had no idea what it would be like to see and hear them in wild flocks.

After a PHENOMENAL day of filming I went to sleep in a big old fashioned bed in the old Sheep shearers quarters at an outback cattle station. Outside about 1000 budgies were jostling and shoving for the best position in a thick leaved gum tree while the light faded. The sound of them was incredible... kind of like a metalic waterfall.

Here is where I saw them:

They were feeding in an old cattle pasture here on weed seeds. Man they were fast.. scampering around, gleaning a few seeds before whirling off again in a large coordinated flock

In the heat of the day they let me get real close because they didnt want to leave their shady spot in the cattle grazing area:

I spent hours with them but couldnt get enough!
Back to top Go down
http://polytelismedia.wordpress.com/2009/02/
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Budgies outside of my Bedroom window   Sat May 28, 2011 11:24 pm

Wow, that had to have been an amazing sight! Even if they're really taken for granted as pets, wild birds of any species are an entirely different thing. As pets birds are good friends, in the wild they're beautiful.

GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Budgies outside of my Bedroom window   Sat May 28, 2011 11:24 pm

I would love to go to Australia and see all these parrots in person. So jealous of you!
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Budgies outside of my Bedroom window   Sun May 29, 2011 12:18 am

Budgies <3 Smile

Indian Ringneck

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Budgies outside of my Bedroom window   Mon May 30, 2011 10:22 pm

Just seeing the birds doing what they do best is amazing. Smile It's kind of weird to see them in their natural habitat acting like...wild birds Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 Budgies outside of my Bedroom window   

Back to top Go down

1000 Budgies outside of my Bedroom window
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Care :: Parrot Species-
Jump to: