Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech

Go down 
+2
LittleK
GlassOnion
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech Empty
PostSubject: Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech   Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 3:50 am

I was at a petstore today with 3 Conures directly in front of me.
A Sun Conure, and 2 Green Cheeks.

I discovered that the GCC's screech actually hurt my eardrums while that of the Sun didn't physically damage me. suspect

The Sunny's scream was louder than the Green Cheek's scream, yet the tonal quality of the GCC's squawks was SO irritating!:affraid:

I also discovered that one GCC had what I would call a Conure screech, but the other one had a very weird, high pitched whistle-like scream. Either way, I'd take the Sun ANYDAY.
I think I'm a weirdie. :affraid:

scratch
Back to top Go down
LittleK
Budgerigar
LittleK

My Birds : Pocky(Pokey), female Cockatiel named after a Japanese chocolate.
Cipi(Chipy), male Budgie named after a Serbian chocolate called CipiRipi

PostSubject: Re: Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech   Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 4:38 am

Maybe because there where two of them? I don't know xD I have yet to hear a Sun conure scream.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech   Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:07 am

I do think your insane. I used to have a jenday that could peal paint off walls. I now have a GCC that has the conure "sound" but about as loud as a rubber ducky. It is nothing after living with a loud male cockatiel, a jenday, and now a Quaker. Conures don't bother me though but the jenday was almost the end of my husband. He couldn't hack it. He doesn't mind the GCC at all.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech   Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 11:35 am

I swear to god the GCC's was ALMOST as loud as the sun.
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

PostSubject: Re: Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech   Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:19 pm

LOL then either the GCC was a freak of nature of the Sun was being super quiet.

I do agree that the GCC is a higher pitch though. Suns are deeper from what I've had the pleasure of hearing. They're just LOUD, when they want to be. When I've been around GCC they seem to only get little squawks out. thinking

I'll try to record the little buddy making his big noises, but they happen so infrequently that it may be a while.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech   Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:53 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
I swear to god the GCC's was ALMOST as loud as the sun.

Ya know, when I had the GCC and MBC pairs, their screams to me were comparable to the suns and jendays just a wee bit quieter decibel level wise. Based on my experiences with the pairs I could never understand why the GCCs were considered SO much quieter than the suns and jendays. I never argued about this as I figured maybe the GCCs were easier to keep entertained and quiet than the suns and jendays.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech   Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Word!

Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech   Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:27 pm

For birds in general I've found it's a lot of the note(s) the bird(s) hit and the way the sound hits your ears, not necessarily the volume. A sun can screech as loud as it wants, but if my head's turned slightly it's fine. Straight on, I don't know what it is, maybe the sound funnels into my ears or something and it can physically hurt. Even a cockatiel contact call, if it hits just right, can make my ears ring just as bad as a conure. The slight differences in human hearing makes a difference too, because apparently bird screams of any kind (except ekkies) don't rattle my mom's teeth, no matter how loud, close to her ear, etc. the bird is; but my dad absolutely can't handle conures.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech   Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:54 pm

I think you are all nuts. The GCC is NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING compared to the jens/suns. thinking I agree we all have different threshholdss and different noises bother different people but....I mean my little GCC can make a racket for sure but it is nothing!
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech   Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 6:08 pm

My gcc has a screeching problem and can be loud, often! I don't mind her noise but my dad gets sooo aggravated. I'll have to compare Rainbow to the suns at the local bird store (of course as soon as I want a bird to be noisy it won't make a peep) from what I remember the suns didn't seem so bad, just louder (volume-wise) not really pitch. Anybody know about other conures?I heard a dusky conure make "beep" or "honk" like complaints pretty loudly when I held him but I don't know if thats a normal vocalization or not.
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

PostSubject: Re: Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech   Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 9:26 pm

I know Aries tends to make a loud noise that many people think are his screeching...not at all. Man!

And EC, I know what you mean, if I have him on my shoulder, sometimes I go deaf for a while. Is it weird that it never bothers me though?

I've heard the little GCCs in stores and those just seemed to squeak Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech   Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 10:38 pm

When my jenday or now my quaker gets my ear just right with a blast, I go deaf and get dizzy, My green cheek can't do squat. Even when he really gets going my lovebird is STILL louder. I always tease him and say, is that all you got? I've got rubber duckies louder Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech   Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech Empty

Back to top Go down

Sun Conure Screech VS Green Cheek Conure Screech
Page 1 of 1