Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows Empty
PostSubject: Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows   Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:38 am

Okay, couldn't took a pictures, because my camera is half dead: it's working only when it's plug to the charger in the moment of making pictures.
Anyway, we have more time this Saturday, because I wasn't working. I saw a lot of different species, starting from: different kind of Finches, Bourkes, American Budgies, English Budgies, Cockatiels(some hand-fed, some no), a lot of types of Conures, Jenday, female Eclectus, Parotletts, Lovebirds, Scarlet-Chested, Turqusines, Linnies, Cockatoos, Greys, Macaws and finally there was one DYH Amazon flappinhappy
Guess where I spend the most time? Roz DYH was 5 1/2 years old and guy pretend like he doesn't care, if he gonna sell her or not(good marketing strategy Shocked ). I knew I wasn't gonna buy, but I was interested in her reaction.
She completely didn't give a crap about me. I handle and pet all the big and medium birds there except... Amazon Sad
I spend there literally an hour, calling her: good bird, come to mama, I have something for you, etc, etc. and she turn her head only 2-3 times to me, that's it...
There was anoing guy, who pretend he knows everything: He start from taking to his hands Grey and in about his eye view high he told to Grey: step up... Good that breeder react immediately, because Grey would be on his eyes... Then he goes to torture Tiels. Each Cockatiel he handle was escaping from him, and because there was young and clipped, they land on the floor with a huge boom effect. I saw the breeder rolling eyes and then my boyfriend step up, catch the poor Tiel and told the guy straight: If you can't handle birds, don't do it. You gonna hurt one of them finally! Then my brave bf give the poor Tiel to breeder careful. When dummy walk away breeder thank my bf couple of times. I was impressed.
The dummy guy go to torch another, smaller birds. We walked away to not get more nervous...
As previous, there was plenty of toys, element to make toys, etc, etc. We saw big cages to big birds really cheap. Guy was from Wisconsin, we took his business card for future.
We didn't bought no birds this time. Scarlet-Chested prize tgo double from the last time tragedy But I passed from another reason: my future zon.
What we bought is couple toys and stand for parrots for $20. Stand looks like stand for hospital IV, but Chico loves it, so it was worth it. I'll make a picture if my camera let me tomorrow. Stand is from small to medium size birds.
I was happy that I saw finally zon, and I'm not gonna lay, it was beautiful bird, but I prefer YN than DYH Amazon.
Bottom line, trip was worth, we didn't spend much money, but both bought something for our fids coldtrance
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows   Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:44 am

Sounds like you had a lot of fun, I wish I were there! Sad
Pics tomorrow please Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows   Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 1:32 pm

Pictures, like I said, will be only from home. I have to have plug charger during making pictures.

So, here's pics of stand we bought. Nothing fancy. No big deal, but helpful. For $20 it was worth.

Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows Stand1

Closer look:

Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows Stand2

And now I can have peace at my desk for a moment. Its light, so I can move it:

Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows Stand3
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows   Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:45 pm

Budgie Calendar! Do Want!
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows   Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:25 pm

zazanomore wrote:
Budgie Calendar! Do Want!
What's the problem zazanomore:) Maybe for next year?
Back to top Go down
Kokuhteel
Budgerigar
Kokuhteel

My Birds : tiels

PostSubject: Re: Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows   Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 10:52 pm

Hey Margaret, I went to the Rolling Meadows fair a month prior to you.

What vendor did you get that stand from? I rather like it and the price is right.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows   Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Kokuhteel wrote:
Hey Margaret, I went to the Rolling Meadows fair a month prior to you.

What vendor did you get that stand from? I rather like it and the price is right.

I was there too month before, but we was so late (I was after work), that we didn't have much time to check everything.
What vendor? He was straight to the entrance wall, selling only those stands and spiral rope perches and he have 2 play-stands and 2 different Conures on each Wink

Our stand now is occupied by my both parrots in the same time: Lucky(Amazon) on the top and Chico(Cockatiel) on the rope Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows   Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows Empty

Back to top Go down

Bird Fair June 2011 in Rolling Meadows
Page 1 of 1