Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wild birds?

Go down 
+2
henpecked
Nevermore
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nevermore
Cockatiel

My Birds : Captain Jack Parrot: Green-cheeked Conure

Cheeky/Sir Cheeks - Cockatiel

Wild birds? Empty
PostSubject: Wild birds?   Wild birds? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:28 pm

So. I have no idea how to make a poll on this thing...or even if I have the power to. But I'm curious to know how many people on here that have parrots, also are avid bird watchers. Or at least have an interest in wild birds?
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

Wild birds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild birds?   Wild birds? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:35 pm

I guess i'm a nut but not a avid bird watcher.My mother could write books about them and i quess some of that rubbed off on me.I notice birds where ever i go and learn the names of the ones i don't know,i carry binocs in the truck,a bird book or two,an i'm pretty up on calls and habits, but i'm not a avid bird watcher (i think).
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

Wild birds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild birds?   Wild birds? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:37 pm

I like to see the birds outside my window if they're there, but I'm not going to go stake out some in a national park or anything. When I was in Aruba, I would've spent all day at the beach watching pelicans.. even despite the fact that I was getting sunburnt all to hell.

Pennsylvania's not really a good place to bird watch, I don't think. At least not my area, anyway. But we do have hawks that migrate through not far from here and a lot of people go to see them.
Back to top Go down

Wild birds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild birds?   Wild birds? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:35 pm

I notice birds wherever I go. I love watching them on my birdfeeders or on my back porch. I love, love, love ducks.
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

Wild birds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild birds?   Wild birds? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 10:20 pm

I love watching wild birds.

I always whistle to them. It's a natural reaction.

My favorite birds to watch are crows. They always have something funny to do.

I actually have made a crow "friend" at work. When it's close to closing time, I throw a couple of french fries on the ground, and Mr. Crow (I'm not sure if he's a Mister, but let's go with it) comes by and eats them.

Just like my parrots, he's got me trained.

Also, on a kind of off topicish note, I just stumbled on this video of an Orangutan at a zoo, saving a chick from drowning. Tool use and compassion. I've never been a fan of Orangutans, but they just earned one more lover.

Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

Wild birds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild birds?   Wild birds? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 10:31 pm

I at least know the names of the bird species that frequent my back yard and such plus I'm learning the different species I see when I go kayaking or hiking. I love watching birds go about their business but I'm more of a relax in my yard and birdwatch sort of person than the actively go out and search for birds sort. About a month ago some wrens had babies in the bird house we put up, I felt guilty everytime I went in the yard cuz the parents would yammer at me the whole while. We also had mourning doves nest in the kiwi vines in the side yard a while back but they just stopped coming leaving an egg there. Kinda disapointing since I had a clear veiw of the nest from my bedroom window and I wanted to watch the baby grow up... Sad
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Wild birds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild birds?   Wild birds? EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 11:04 pm

Sorta kinda, I guess. We get migratory birds around our area. I had a screen down on one of my windows a couple of years ago and a ruby crowned kinglet flew into my bird room. He didn't freak out. He kept flying in and out. That was pretty cool. I was feeding the wild birds in the yard until it dawned on me they were eating me out of house and home - 20 pounds every 2 days. So now I just throw out the refuse from my birds. I can identify most of the birds that come around (I think).
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Wild birds? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild birds?   Wild birds? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wild birds?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Off Topic Posts :: Non-Parrot Discussions-
Jump to: