Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yesterday I got to play with....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Yesterday I got to play with.... Empty
PostSubject: Yesterday I got to play with....   Yesterday I got to play with.... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:08 am

I went to my favorite bird store yesterday to have Kokomo's spa treatment and I got to play with....

a 10 year old male Sun Conure. He was SUCH a funny little thing. SO beautiful. When I first offered for him to step up, he refused. As I walked by again (his cage was open on top) He like,ninja surprise- spider-man dropped on to my shoulder and preened me. He was very chatty (without blasting my ear, it was very nice!) I would have bought him on the spot if I knew my husband wouldn't be super against it. Stupid husband.

Jellybean, my boyfriend. He is the eclectus there I am in love with. He stayed with me the I whole time, after I got the spider-man Sun off of me. Everytime I go, I spend as much time as possible with him. He gives me the sweetest little kisses and tender little honks in my ear. After a good preening of course. I always ask the lady, if he happens to hop into my purse, and me not know, it isn't stealing-right? I am going to be heartbroken when he is adopted. Embarassed Embarassed

I met my first moustache parakeet. He was not friendly. At all. Neither was the plumhead- but what beautiful eyes!!

I spent a minute talking with a customer's double yellow head amazon who was NOT happy. He kept yelling at his owners to go do the dishes and leave him alone. vicki 5280 He was a riot. He was in no mood to leave his owner's shoulders but perfectly happy to have me listen to his rantings.

I also saw a beautiful littl parrotlet, he was a creamy-green color with navy blue here and there. I've never seen one that color! I also saw a fire-orange colored canary that was just beautiful.

The jardines I wanted was back, with a new deposit placed on him so I couldn't play with him or the Goffin, who also had a deposit placed on him.

Last edited by Julsiebean on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I got to play with....   Yesterday I got to play with.... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:30 pm

Awwww, that sounds like so much fun! I don't know how you're able to leave there every time without that Ekkie. It would drive me nuts. screwloose
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I got to play with....   Yesterday I got to play with.... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:32 pm

His price tag is pretty hefty along with the fact my toddler turns two in a few weeks. I think my little guy needs to be a few years older before I bring in a bigger parrot. It is really, really hard though.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I got to play with....   Yesterday I got to play with.... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:34 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
I think my little guy needs to be a few years older before I bring in a bigger parrot.

This is totally the reason why I wouldn't get a larger parrot atleast until after I have children and probably not before they're in school most of the day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I got to play with....   Yesterday I got to play with.... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:39 pm

^Yeah, in a couple years Keats will be in PreK-K, and I will be done with school and hopefully back to work. I want a new normal established before bringing in a bigger guy.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I got to play with....   Yesterday I got to play with.... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:07 pm

KayLayUh wrote:
Julsiebean wrote:
I think my little guy needs to be a few years older before I bring in a bigger parrot.

This is totally the reason why I wouldn't get a larger parrot atleast until after I have children and probably not before they're in school most of the day.
I had my big parrots before my kid was born. They can all learn to live together. The kid just can't really play with the big birds until they're older - except our M2, she could pet the M2. Growing up with the parrots, the kid just kinda ignores them as they've always been in the environment.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I got to play with....   Yesterday I got to play with.... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 2:25 pm

I wish we had good bird stores around here! :
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I got to play with....   Yesterday I got to play with.... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 3:30 pm

My oldest son, obviously, has grown up around birds, as has my little one. My little one however is very, very wide open and truly needs some time to chill. I agree it is doable for some people, but this is the best route for our family. I would consider a hand raised baby, who knows no different then little fingers poking around but I'd prefer to adopt. I allowed myself a baby in Sparrow would like to go back to adopting. I by NO MEANS think adopting is better or anything like that, cuz I'd love more baby birds. I just...well...I can't explain it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I got to play with....   Yesterday I got to play with.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I got to play with....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Welcome :: Parrot Tales-
Jump to: