Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quiz time what do you think this parrot is?

Go down 
+7
moa
evil chicken
VickiNumbers
patdbunny
ScooterNScotty
zazanomore
Polytelismedia
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Skippy
Budgerigar

My Birds : Zia, Nova, Pumpkin,

Quiz time what do you think this parrot is? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Galatiel   Quiz time what do you think this parrot is? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi,

I am 13 years old and I am breeding cockatiels and parakeets. I have done some research, and I am really interested in buying a galatiel, or a rose breasted cockatoo to breed a cockatiel to. My mom is very interested in buying a couple, too. Do you know of a breeder that sells them? Or do you know someone that would lease us a pair? (we would pay)

Thank you and please reply back soon!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quiz time what do you think this parrot is?   Quiz time what do you think this parrot is? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:30 pm

SOOO beautiful!
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Quiz time what do you think this parrot is?   Quiz time what do you think this parrot is? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 2:37 am

Skippy wrote:
Hi,

I am 13 years old and I am breeding cockatiels and parakeets. I have done some research, and I am really interested in buying a galatiel, or a rose breasted cockatoo to breed a cockatiel to. My mom is very interested in buying a couple, too. Do you know of a breeder that sells them? Or do you know someone that would lease us a pair? (we would pay)

Don't count on buying a galatiel. not a very common occurrence. I'd think they're around $10K if you can find one. Don't count on breeding a galatiel. Not a very likely breeding. The cockatiel's more likely to end up dead than bred.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
coral
Sun Conure
coral

My Birds : CAG-Mikko, Blue headed pionus- Marty, 11 finches

PostSubject: Re: Quiz time what do you think this parrot is?   Quiz time what do you think this parrot is? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 7:20 pm

skippy if you trying to breed a hybird like this id suggest trying birds that are similarly sized so that the other doesnt get hurt. like roz said the bird could die because of size difference. cockatoos and cockitiels have a very big size difference
Back to top Go down
Polytelismedia
Budgerigar
Polytelismedia

My Birds : All in the wild

PostSubject: Re: Quiz time what do you think this parrot is?   Quiz time what do you think this parrot is? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 12:33 am

Skippy wrote:
Hi,

Hi Skippy:

The Galatiel was a total accident and one very rare occurence. You would go through many Rose-breasted Cockatoos and Cockatiels before you ever found two individuals that were so lonely that they would fall for each other. Then considering their size difference producing fertile eggs would be another major hurdle. I think your best bet is to save some money up and journey to where your favorite type of parrots are and enjoy seeing and filming them in the wild. Then you get to impress your friends and family as they share in the enjoyment of seeing your video or pictures of them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://polytelismedia.wordpress.com/2009/02/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiz time what do you think this parrot is?   Quiz time what do you think this parrot is? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quiz time what do you think this parrot is?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2