Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Parrot is a Pig.

Go down 
+11
crystalsbirdtoys
GlassOnion
henpecked
zazanomore
dusty
Margaret
patdbunny
ScooterNScotty
moa
Jan
VickiNumbers
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

My Parrot is a Pig. Empty
PostSubject: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:07 am

So Sparrow, is like.....a pig. He has no manners. He wants everything everyone has and hoovers any surface he is placed on. He will climb down my face and pull my lip down trying to get my food. He runs from plate to plate horking down and dragging off food. He wants whatever I am drinking too. I'm not complaining, I am fully aware I am allowing and creating these unsavory habits and am trying to do better.

Anyone else have a pig parrot?
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:22 am

Uh, yeah. Her name is JJ. (lol). It doesn't sound like she's quite as extreme as Sparrow though. She leaves the food in my mouth alone!
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
Jan
Parrotlet
Jan

My Birds : Sputnik - Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:45 pm

So funny! What a pain in the butt though, hey?

Sputnik is very similar: even if I give him his plate of what I'm eating, he still wants what I have in my hand/on my utensil. I also think he gets miffed with me when I don't share and I don't regurgitate for him either, because he'll make little growly noises and nip at my lips. I often have to hide my food under the table until he loses interest, or I'll lock him in another room for a few minutes, or I'll hide in another room! I feel like a guilty mom snarfing down dinner in my bedroom! Laughing
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:17 pm

LOL- I think all green cheek conures are little piggys! Rainbow isn't quite so bad just because I purposefully put her on her cage/playstand when we are eating with a little healthy tidbit from our plates, otherwise it's chaos. She isn't shamefull about looking as darned cute as she can to get my parents to take pity on her and give her a bite of food. The other day I put my glass of water down for a second and the next thing I know, rainbow is taking a bath in it! silly bird, nothing is safe with a gcc around...
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:20 pm

For better or worse, we eat dinner very late and lunch is most often on the run. Thus it is only on very special occasions that the bird get to eat with us. I do need to guard any beverage I have in the office with me from Scooter, so it is quite possible he could easily be like this, too. He certainly wants what he wants when he wants it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:39 pm

Sparrow took a bath in a glass of 7up the other day. He was already down my arm and soaked before I could catch him- booger! He was in heaven preening though. I gave him a shower afterwards and he looked at me like, where has the good stuff gone? My Parrot is a Pig. 3437489089
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:56 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
Sparrow took a bath in a glass of 7up the other day. He was already down my arm and soaked before I could catch him- booger! He was in heaven preening though. I gave him a shower afterwards and he looked at me like, where has the good stuff gone? My Parrot is a Pig. 3437489089
My Parrot is a Pig. 1335033401 rainbow would bathe in orange juice if I let her- she's addicted to the stuff! everytime she sees me with a glass she does all of her tricks asfastasshecan to get a taste. I can only imagine being soaked in the stuff would be her dream come true
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:05 pm

moa wrote:
Julsiebean wrote:
My Parrot is a Pig. 1335033401 rainbow would bathe in orange juice if I let her- she's addicted to the stuff! everytime she sees me with a glass she does all of her tricks asfastasshecan to get a taste. I can only imagine being soaked in the stuff would be her dream come true

Some humans take chocolate baths so what's so weird for Rainbow to take an OJ bath? Sounds like spa day w/ the OJ!
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:12 pm

Ya know? There's a part of me that wishes JJ would bathe in my cup! The only way she'll bathe is when I'm standing at the kitchen sink holding her beside water running from the faucet. She tests it with her beak, then she sticks her foot in, then starts dunking her head, flapping her wings, etc. In between each little dip, she has to run back up my arm and dry her face on my sleeve! Before she's finished, we've wasted 2-3 gallons of water and we're both soaked!

(As a result, she doesn't get to bathe whenever she wants to anymore, poor birdie.) Sad
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:17 pm

I think Sparrow was a fish in his last life. He will bathe in a drop of baby snot. I mean, the bird loves to bathe. Water bowls, cups, rubbing against the side of sweating water bottles. If I am running the kitchen sink he is ON IT like Donkey Kong.
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:28 pm

patdbunny wrote:
Some humans take chocolate baths so what's so weird for Rainbow to take an OJ bath? Sounds like spa day w/ the OJ!
last thing I need is a sticky bird shaking orange juice all over me! Laughing I already have to scrub the walls to get rid of the berry stains from her flinging the juice or I face the wrath of my mother. Though now that I think about it, I might let her on her "birthday" (I assigned a random day during the summer to be her birthday so I can have an excuse to spoil her) we'll see...
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:38 pm

I moved all my pigs to... they own bird room. Right now I sleep in a living room and the place called dinning room(small area between living and the kitchen) is finally with my comp and table to eat.
Monsters didn't protest and we have a little bit cleaner apartment. They are able to come here anytime they want, but only Chico is coming to us. They have radio and Tv and big rocking cheer, where I can sit and watch them.
About jumping to any liquid, it didn't happened yet, but Chico joined me in the shower finally flappinhappy She jumped to bath and when she got totally wet, she run from there shocked that she's wet Wink
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:50 pm

your stories are just too funny girls, i loved them...my grey is an oinker she eats off my plate breakfast and supper...there is no stopping her and i wouldn't anyway...lol...but she won't eat seed sprouts....grrrrr

dusty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 5:03 pm

^I want an African Grey SO bad.
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 5:32 pm

If I ever have food in my room with them, Einstein will insist on sitting on it. He doesn't eat it, just sits there.

Of course I can't have him do that, he'd poop all over my food!
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:02 pm

We have several zons that you could classify as pigs but the worst is Josie's hen YN,Stacie,she sucks downs spaghetti noodles whole,cooked peas whole etc. no manners at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:21 pm

A few weeks ago Sparrow took a whole sketti noodle off my son's plate, pulled it across the table, up my arm, on to my shoulder and ate happily. We all watched him like Shocked then My Parrot is a Pig. 1335033401
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

sun conure (simon)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:11 pm

lol zaza i haven't had that happen yet, but they stand beside the plate not on it...wife says they have to have table manners...lol

julie get a grey, they are fantastic, mine eats with me, naps on the couch, wrestles, lays on her back, talks and loves me, of course so does my sun conure, can't have one without the other...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Dusty, I will either get an Eclectus or an African Grey in a couple of years. I am fearful of how phobic people make Congos out to be, but I'm hoping that isn't always the case. Any input?
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:29 pm

The biggest factor that makes ME hesitant in wanting a Grey is that many turn out to be incessant mimickers. I would go bonkers if I heard sound effects all day long.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:45 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
Dusty, I will either get an Eclectus or an African Grey in a couple of years. I am fearful of how phobic people make Congos out to be, but I'm hoping that isn't always the case. Any input?

I got my grey about 18 years ago. That's what everyone told me, too. I was told that they're great talkers but neurotic, phobic and would definitely be naked.

I decided I wanted to raise my grey in a very specific manner so I got one at 5 weeks of age (I'm not saying you should get one at 5 weeks. Knowledge of socialization has come a long way in 18 years.) I took her everywhere with me including to college classes in my backpack. I took her out in between classes for feeding and people watching. My grey was very outgoing, not phobic in the least bit and never plucked.

I did meet a very phobic grey once - A stranger couldn't even be across the room from it without it going into frantic panic, flapping all over the place. This was a grey I was going to buy until I met it.

With all the birds, I'm big on the socialization.

ADDING - The breeder male CAG I have right now, he was raised by a friend of a friend. The person who raised him from a chick owned a dog grooming shop and she took him to work with her all the time. So he grew up in a busy environment meeting a lot of people and dogs, car rides every day. He's not phobic, plucker, or what I would otherwise consider neurotic.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

sun conure (simon)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:07 am

my grey is a one person bird and gets jealous and she won't talk when strangers are in the house, thats the only complaints i have with her...she is loving, fun, and likes to play...you just have to keep them occupied...julsie i want an eclectus too....lol

dusty
Back to top Go down
crystalsbirdtoys
Senegal
crystalsbirdtoys

My Birds : African Grey - Merlin
Caique - Rosco
Cockatiel - Stryder

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:40 am

Rosco is our resident Pig.

If I'm eating or drinking anything, he makes his way over to me and insists on tasting it. He'll growl at me and have a temper tantrum if I don't give in *sigh* Piggy Caique!
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalsbirdtoys.com
coldtrance
Parrotlet
coldtrance

My Birds : Im lonely without my Sammy.
On the market for a new FID.

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 7:45 pm

Well Sammy isnt much of a pig but she is a theif lately. Shes decided her favorite food is chicken (is that even ok for her to eat???). Shes decidied that if anyone is eating chicken that she must have it. Yesterday I had mandran chicken from Panda Express and the little sneak waited until I wasnt watching her and had my hands full. She then jumped off the back of the couch and crash landed onto my plate and stole my food right off of it. She has been doing it to my roomates as well. Its pretty funny but I dont know if its healthy for her to eat it or not.
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 9:00 pm

I don't think cooked chicken is an issue, all the stuff on it might be though.We give ours unseasoned chicken or chicken bones,cartilage,meat included they of course crunch up the bones and all seems to be good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Parrot is a Pig.   My Parrot is a Pig. Empty

Back to top Go down

My Parrot is a Pig.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Welcome :: Parrot Tales-
Jump to: