Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My fids update

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

My fids update Empty
PostSubject: My fids update   My fids update EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:55 pm

I mention something about giving my bedroom for my monsters in some topic. I was thinking for a while about how to improve life for everybody here and it happened! Since I don't have a kids and live by myself(sometimes with my love), I thought, that I don't need a bedroom for myself, specially that in the living room we have a queen size adjustable couch.
So one evening, it finally happened. Fids are happy, they have all the play area for themselves and the only one human thing in their room is my rocking chair for me. Radio and TV is for them Wink
The huge benefit is that having small parrots in their own room, I can close the door during the day and let them out of cages, which was not possible before(wires, flowers, etc) coldtrance
Now I have a question.
They go nuts there and I'm happy for them, but budgies started going at night to Chico's cage. Since all of them love visiting their cages during the day and eat from each other the same food Wink, I don't mind. But should I react by removing budgies from Chico's cage at night/evening? It started innocent: one night Mango and Plum stayed over night there. But yesterday all 4 of them was in a Chico's cage and Chico seemed confused what she should do...
Back to top Go down
InquisitiveCow
Budgerigar
InquisitiveCow

My Birds : Gracie (African Grey)
Larry and Rhonda (Senegals)

My fids update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My fids update   My fids update EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:42 pm

I would remove them at bedtime myself. I think its great that they get along so well (wish mine did) but they need their own space that is just theirs and that they feel safe in. I think we all need that sometimes! I would make a bedtime routine of moving everyone back into their own cages..thats just me though, others may think differently.
Back to top Go down

My fids update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My fids update   My fids update EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:46 pm

I'm not sure honestly. When I had the jenday, he housed with the tiels in a big cage. They made it pretty clear they wanted to be together. They were peas and carrots, never a bit of trouble. I know budgies can bully tiels but your Chico seems to have a good head on her shoulder. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

My fids update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My fids update   My fids update EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:32 pm

So long as they're not fighting and hurting each other, I'd leave them alone. They'll figure it out.

You're amazing. I don't think I could give up my bedroom to my birds. My fids update 1270972548
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My fids update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My fids update   My fids update EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:40 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
I'm not sure honestly. When I had the jenday, he housed with the tiels in a big cage. They made it pretty clear they wanted to be together. They were peas and carrots, never a bit of trouble. I know budgies can bully tiels but your Chico seems to have a good head on her shoulder. Very Happy
That's an interesting story! Jenday and Cockatiels together. Proves again, that with birds, you never know! Chico felt so proud of that compliment, that she almost fly away Wink

patdbunny wrote:
So long as they're not fighting and hurting each other, I'd leave them alone. They'll figure it out.

You're amazing. I don't think I could give up my bedroom to my birds. My fids update 1270972548
That's what I did. I left them alone and by coincidence when I walked in, every bird was in their own cage. We'll see what they do in the future.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My fids update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My fids update   My fids update EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:53 pm

Only good things came from that change. I can close the door to bird-room, when I'm leaving and left them playing without putting them to cage. I had to isolated wires for that.
They wake up as soon as they want, I don't cover cages and don't close blinds.
They go sleep earlier!
We can stay up as long as we want, without turning lower TV.
Chico became more independent, and makes her loud Wee less.
And we're all happy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

My fids update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My fids update   My fids update EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 12:59 pm

I think as long as they are all getting along, it shouldn't be a problem.

I don't think my guys could sleep together. Bonnie and Clyde would take all the good sleeping spots, and Einstein would end up being somewhere he didn't want to be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My fids update Empty
PostSubject: Re: My fids update   My fids update Empty

Back to top Go down

My fids update
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Welcome :: Parrot Tales-
Jump to: