Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Talking Conures

Go down 
+10
MandaDPanda
henpecked
GlassOnion
Margaret
Nevermore
RogerP
moa
VickiNumbers
ScooterNScotty
patdbunny
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 1:37 pm

Apparently I sell talking conures. A sun conure that went to its new home just this past Sunday already says "say what!" and another one that went to its new home two weeks ago says "wazzzuppp". A few years back someone called all excited the same night they got their birdie and said the bird walked up to them and said "hi!"

I was telling the new owners that I'm a little envious. I've never had a talking conure (Ducky doesn't talk, my prior conure didn't talk) and the babies don't talk for me before going to their new homes. Sad

What is up with that?!
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 2:18 pm

I don't know, but the pet store where we got Scooter was most surprised to hear he talks! He said "Pretty bird" very soon after we got him.

Maybe your birds feel that you speak bird well enough that they don't need to vocalize to communicate with you?
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 2:41 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
Maybe your birds feel that you speak bird well enough that they don't need to vocalize to communicate with you?

Interesting. Never thought of that possibility.
I do "speak" to them in their own language (I'm sure with a heavy human accent). I make little conure noises at them. Maybe I'm saying, "Continue to scream and I'll eat you for dinner."
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 3:25 pm

JJ doesn't talk people talk.

For a while she sounded like she was trying to, now she's back to making conure sounds all the time. It's OK though, I'm learning conure to go along with English and Spanish!
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 5:15 pm

rainbow practices her name while in her cozy hut or other enclosed spaces. It's cute but I think I may be hearing what I want to hear...
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Scooter is often mumbly but occasionally he is crystal clear. My husband just says "but green cheeked conures can't talk!". I think they have the inclination, but not always the ear. I hear a lot out of him that has peopleish rhythms but is indistinct.

I'll have to try to get a recording.
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:20 am

Merlin says all kinds of things. It's not really clear and you have to listen, but it's there. He seems to have given up saying "ggod morning" lately, in favour of "hey buddy". He also is fond of saying "kisses" then two kissy noises, then "thank you". I also hear a lot of "whatcha doin?". My son can also get him to say the most hilarious version of "yeah!"
Back to top Go down
Nevermore
Cockatiel

My Birds : Captain Jack Parrot: Green-cheeked Conure

Cheeky/Sir Cheeks - Cockatiel

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:43 am

Jack can talk. But it is with a strong parrot accent. Every so often he'll get it right, and it will be clear as day.

He can say "Goodboy Jack.", "Goodboy", "Yea", "Step-up" and when he calls for me to come to him, he uses a two -syllable call that sort of matches my name.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:43 am

Congratulations of talking conures Roz!

Today I saw Jenday-baby in the store and I swear, if I didn't know that they can be loud, that one would me mine. Another thing, which stop me is my future Amazon.
That Jenday act like the most needed to be pet 'Too! He/she was manipulating to put his head outside the cage and beg people for scratch. The other lady being in the store with me was, what the hell, I came here, because, my daughter told me about that bird, and I didn't want to believe her. We ask the store owner, if that Jenday was okay vicki 5280 Cute!
(and there was baby Owa 'zon there, who didn't let me go, or I couldn't walk away and I spend 2 hours there Happy )
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:59 am

Margaret wrote:
That Jenday act like the most needed to be pet 'Too! He/she was manipulating to put his head outside the cage and beg people for scratch. The other lady being in the store with me was, what the hell, I came here, because, my daughter told me about that bird, and I didn't want to believe her.
That's how I ended up with my first jenday. I was in the pet store getting rabbit food. . .

A few days ago I was showing this family the latest clutch of baby jendays. One of the babies is VERY cute. Likes to play on his back. So I was scritching him and he rolled over and let them scritch his belly. They were in love.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 2:20 am

I swear Roz, that if not my plans to Amazon, that Jenday would be here with me already. But I'm in love, and love is unconditional I love you
I totally understand you now, why you got your Jenday. The one I saw almost (but not completely) take away my attention from 'zon. And everybody here know I have 'zon fewer.
The bird(Jenday) was quiet, but begging a way better than couple of 'toos I saw. You would have to not heart to not give him/her a scratch!
BTW: Did you have bunny? What kind? I'm so curious? Mine was Netherland dwarf black color and he followed me as a dog...
Back to top Go down

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:49 am

Conures are just a mess! I swear Sparrow would light himself on fire if it got me to take him out and love on him. My jenday was the same! The lady at the bird store I go to just got a breeding pair of blue crowns and she says they talk, clear as day and often enough they don't ack or scream but when they do they can put her toos to shame. Shocked
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:46 pm

Margaret wrote:
BTW: Did you have bunny? What kind? I'm so curious? Mine was Netherland dwarf black color and he followed me as a dog...
All sorts of different bunnies over the years. My first two were left behind when some renters of my dad's moved. Those two were males that looked like Talking Conures English-rabbit-0003

One black spots, one brown spots.

Second bunny was a chocolate netherland dwarf that I got as a buddy for my chinchilla. Next bunny was a lop/mini rex mix - this one was my favorite overall. I had him coming when called. I'd give him a peanut when he'd come so he went around following everyone and nosing them n the leg for a peanut. Next bunny was a tortoiseshell colored I-don't-know-what-but-she-was-too-tiny-and-cute from, of all places, a bird mart. Next bunny was a chocolate mini rex. I think I like the mini rexes the best. Very cute, soft, small, nice personality. I love bunnies, but they pee too much!

Julsiebean wrote:
Conures are just a mess! I swear Sparrow would light himself on fire if it got me to take him out and love on him. My jenday was the same!
Yep! The one that went home last Sunday follows the new owners around like a puppy.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 2:26 pm

Is it pretty rare for a Conure- except for Blue Crowns- to talk human?
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 3:41 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
Is it pretty rare for a Conure- except for Blue Crowns- to talk human?
I wouldn't say "rare" as many, many of the ones I've sold I've been told talk human. They don't speak clearly. Also given how many species of conures there are out there, it's hard to say which ones tend to speak human as many of them are not commonly kept as pets or not commonly available as pets.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 4:05 pm

I'm sorry to going off, but Roz, that Rex is soo cute!

That's my Kubus picture:
Talking Conures Kuba_z_krolem

and that's his girlfriend: Funia(also rex). She was adopted and she wasn't a long time with us, maybe 3 years:
Talking Conures Funia4

And yes, both of them reacted on their names, following us. Funia was begging like a dog...
Back to top Go down

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 4:08 pm

It is taking everything I have not to go get a bunny, they have the most adorable mini lops right now.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 4:53 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
It is taking everything I have not to go get a bunny, they have the most adorable mini lops right now.
Mini lops would be my second favorite breed. They can be litter box trained. I guess the males sometimes will jump up and pee on you if they really love you. I've never had that happen, but I gave one to my niece and he did that.
*****gggeeeetttt oooonnnneeee******
Talking Conures 3053971583 Or just go get Jellybean.

Margaret! Those are too cute!!!
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:42 pm

I want a bunny too! (but then again I want everything, so...) I really want a lionhead, my friend had one and converted the bottom of her bed to be his cage during the day. The new bunny at work likes me and comes running when I visit Smile which is nice, it took her a while to come out of her shell. She has a fearsome growl when you do something she doesn't like (like trying to pick her up) but she's all bark and no bite so far.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:02 pm

moa wrote:
She has a fearsome growl when you do something she doesn't like (like trying to pick her up) but she's all bark and no bite so far.
Bunnies are VICIOUS!! One of my first bunnies would charge me, growling, and attack me with his front paws! And the tortie bunny I had, she wasn't mean but she had a habit of biting my butt if I stooped down.

Caerbannog!!nasty, big, pointy teeth
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:06 pm

nobody believed me when I said she growled at me! they all said bunnies don't make noise. hah. they learned...
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:44 pm

Here's a little clip of Scooter talking. Both birds are soliciting me to let them out! I'm being mean and just running the web cam. It's not his clearest speech, but it's pretty average. He's just saying the one phrase and whistling... Please tell me you can hear him, too! LOL. It was still loading on the site when I posted this, hopefully it will work by thte time anyone is looking at it.

{edited to delete faulty upload, which is corrected below}

Last edited by ScooterNScotty on Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 12:10 am

Nope,Didn't work for me.
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 1:11 am

It's supposedly still processing. Will check again tomorrow....
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 2:47 am

3 hours later it's still not working for me either. Sad I'm bummed!
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Talking Conures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Conures   Talking Conures Empty

Back to top Go down

Talking Conures
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Care :: Parrot Species-
Jump to: