Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of... Empty
PostSubject: Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of...   Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of... EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 12:43 am

Hi all,

Just thought I would update on Merlin and his flying away from me. I took some time with him and used the suggestions brought forth in SnS's post that I kinda hijacked.

I spent some time with Merlin in our bathroom and master bedroom, two room he does not really spend much time in. With few things to do and places to fly to, he allowed me to handle him more (or should I say manhandle). At this point we are at a stage that both of us can live with, and I have deduced a few things.

One, our living room/dining room/kitchen (kind of an open floor plan), and our family room are rather large areas that Merlin spends a great deal of time in. I believe what's happening is that because he is comfortable, he is willing to fly easier there, ands wants to be handled a little less. Other areas of the house he is fine with it. We have come to a happy compromise Very Happy

Having said that, it has taken forever to write this post because I have had to write most of it one-handed, as Merlin has decided that keyboard is not as good a use for my hands as preening and playing with him (he's right of course). All this in the Family room as well!

So all in all I will not be clipping him, to my and Merlin's happiness (not so much my wife, as he lands on her and then bites her)

Thank you all for your suggestions and support! Paradise, what an awesome place to hang out! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of...   Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of... EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:22 am

I'm glad for both of you; and for future we know what to do in case of our parrot start behave like that!
Congratulations Roger and Merlin: Yes
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of...   Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of... EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:50 am

Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of... 2154879677
Happy things are working out for you guys!
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of...   Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of... EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:50 am

Roger, that's great to hear!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of...   Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of... EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 8:28 am

Glad things are working out!! Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of... 4014162036
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of...   Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of... Empty

Back to top Go down

Merlin's "back to normal" - sort of...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Welcome :: Parrot Tales-
Jump to: