Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Member; Admin.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

First Member; Admin.  Empty
PostSubject: First Member; Admin.    First Member; Admin.  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Since I'm the Admin and creator of this forum, it clearly makes sense that I should also be the first to post an introduction.

My name is Kaela. I'm 22 and from Pennsylvania, though I'm hoping to be living in California by the end of the year. I have three lovely birds; Cheney Bird, my newest (and friendliest) is a Green Cheek Conure. Pigpen and No Name are budgies and aren't particularly friendly or hand tame.

I've been around birds for my entire life. My parents owned a Moluccan Cockatoo when I was a child, but they hardly took care of him and he was horribly unsocialized and misbehaved. My particular experience with parrot ownership has been much more rewarding and I can only hope it continues for many years to come.

Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: First Member; Admin.    First Member; Admin.  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:03 pm

Thanks for invitation Kaela Very Happy
I hope this forum will bring a lot of parrots lovers, who will be able to share their stories and experiences about birds!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Member; Admin.    First Member; Admin.  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Agreed, thansk for taking the time to make this place! It is awesome.

My mom and stepdad live in Ohio (youngstown area) and I fly into/drive thru Penn a lot. My stepfather's hometown is Bradford! I also have been to Lancaster- loved it there. Smelled bad though! Oh, I've been to Hershey!!! Smelled wonderful Smile

What takes y'all to Cali?
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: First Member; Admin.    First Member; Admin.  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:28 pm

Julsiebean wrote:

What takes y'all to Cali?

My boyfriend is from the Imperial Valley in California. He has a house in Bridgeport, up in the Yosemite National Park area. We've always just talked about moving out there.

I'm about an hour from Lancaster, and yeah, it does smell awful! If you ever have a chance to stop at Shady Maple's though, do it! They have such good food. And if you go on your birthday, it's free!

I can't think of Hershey. I love Hershey. It smells like chocolate there all year 'round. They even have chocolate baths. Man, my diet would go so much better if I was like Cheney Bird and loved zucchini as much as he does.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First Member; Admin.    First Member; Admin.  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Chocolate baths??? Fat kid heaven. I used to dream of swimming in pools of Taco Bell nacho cheese!

Cali sounds amazing, about 2 years ago I went to LA for a week. My husband threw the official convention for Quantum Leap- it was a blast!
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: First Member; Admin.    First Member; Admin.  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:38 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
Chocolate baths??? Fat kid heaven. I used to dream of swimming in pools of Taco Bell nacho cheese!

Cali sounds amazing, about 2 years ago I went to LA for a week. My husband threw the official convention for Quantum Leap- it was a blast!

I was in San Diego over Thanksgiving and fell in love. Even though I booked a hotel in Hotel Circle (crappiest place to book if you don't have a car), it was so beautiful. It was 60 degrees in November!
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: First Member; Admin.    First Member; Admin.  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:44 pm

KayLayUh wrote:
It was 60 degrees in November!
Yeah - freakin' cold!

You guys going to end up in Imperial County? That's going to suck.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: First Member; Admin.    First Member; Admin.  EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:48 pm

patdbunny wrote:

You guys going to end up in Imperial County? That's going to suck.

For the first couple months, we'll probably be back in Bridgeport. But it definitely sounds like he wants to move back to the valley. His parents are in their 80s and the rest of his family lives down there. So I'm okay with it. As long as we have an air conditioner if it's going to be 60 in November.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Member; Admin.    First Member; Admin.  Empty

Back to top Go down

First Member; Admin.
Page 1 of 1