Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Bird Days

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

Happy Bird Days Empty
PostSubject: Happy Bird Days   Happy Bird Days EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:16 pm

I'm getting very cranky in my old age about negative vibes... the main thing my husband and I quarrel over is when he starts out a conversation with "Did you hear the stupid thing so-and-so did?" Not that I'm Pollyanna, I have my venting moments, too, but... here I'm starting a thread to report GOOD things we hear about people and birds.

I had an appointment with a new optometrist yesterday. We were doing the getting-to-know-you chat thing, she asked me if I had any kids, I said "no, 3 cats and 2 parrots" and she kind of perked up at the bird part, so I asked if she had any pets. Turns out they have a cockatiel, that they have now had for 10 years. It literally flew out of the sky one day and landed on her husband's shoulder, nails way overgrown, in dire need of some TLC, but alive. There's one flyaway that actually lived to tell the tale!
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

Happy Bird Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Bird Days   Happy Bird Days EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:22 pm

Aw, cute!!! And you're not the only one who's bugged by stories that start like that!! I like to vent, too, but get so ashamed of myself when I hear myself do it... nothing like "put yourself in their shoes."

And when that doesn't apply you can always go back to our favorite "If you can't say something nice..." Very Happy

Happy Bird Days 4014162036
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

Happy Bird Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Bird Days   Happy Bird Days EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:24 pm

I've found out that the more I go around with my birds, the more people I find out have them. (Or are afraid of them, for some reason.) I've found out that my next door neighbor has a Sun (Cuervo) and two Cockatiels (a male named Ginny and a female named Fred - go figure! LOL!), and another couple down the street have a Lorikeet and a Senegal. I know the Lori and Sene are flighted, but I forgot to ask if Cuervo is flighted or not. He's not very friendly towards me! LOL! My husband takes (used to take) Bucky to the grocery store quite a bit and a couple of the checkers have told him that they have cockatiels - then go on to tell him their stories...

There are lots of good stories out there. This is a good place to tell them!
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/

Happy Bird Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Bird Days   Happy Bird Days EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Love this idea!!!
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

Happy Bird Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Bird Days   Happy Bird Days EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:36 pm

Wow, lucky Cockatiel!! flappinhappy
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

Happy Bird Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Bird Days   Happy Bird Days EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:33 pm

I like that topic!
The house sparrow, we was feeding for 3 days, became strong and started to sing. (S)he wanted to go to the wild, where (s)he belonged.
My boyfriend let him go in the same area he found him/her and bird follow another house sparrows.
Couple days after that, my boyfriend saw in his neighborhood cage with 2 'Tiels in about 11pm hanging on the tree. Next day it was hot like a hell and he saw the same cage with the same "tiels in the same place. He took another neighbour and go for intervention.
I love my boyfriend for that!
And yes, walking with Chico with harness make people sympathize with what they see. Some ask very detailed questions about feeding, housing, etc, some want to pet her, couple people took a picture on their cellular phones. Only small % reacted negative, which is good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy Bird Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Bird Days   Happy Bird Days Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Bird Days
Page 1 of 1