Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What IS this world coming to?!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

What IS this world coming to?! Empty
PostSubject: What IS this world coming to?!   What IS this world coming to?! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:54 pm

In a good way -

I was in Walmart today. They had bird FORAGING toys! I guess the word is getting out that birds need more than a cage and bird seed!
What IS this world coming to?! 2154879677
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: What IS this world coming to?!   What IS this world coming to?! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:33 pm

I was all ready for this to be some terrible rant and rave... not that you've done any of that Roz, that's just what the title sounded like...

Kudos to Wally World!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: What IS this world coming to?!   What IS this world coming to?! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 7:19 am

No way! An ENRICHMENT toy at Wal-Mart? Are you sure that wasn't a dream?? What IS this world coming to?! 3909217443
Actually, I can't say I'm too surprised, it was bound to happen sooner or later. It's probably just been a matter of finding a supplier who is able to meet their needs volume-wise as well as be willing and able to agree on a price point. We all know the usual cost of our birds' toys when we buy them retail, and most are probably familiar with Wal-Mart's m.o. (huge company, tremendous buying power.) I'm grateful I wasn't a part of those negotiations!

I'm curious Roz, did it look like a decent toy? One that would hold up to a real bird?
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: What IS this world coming to?!   What IS this world coming to?! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:20 am

VickiNumbers wrote:
I'm curious Roz, did it look like a decent toy? One that would hold up to a real bird?
paper foraging boxes and hanging wooden toy w/ paper foraging boxes. So they'd be good for conure size and smaller and not a real serious forager.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: What IS this world coming to?!   What IS this world coming to?! EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:58 am

^Sparrow has those! He goes WILD on them!
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: What IS this world coming to?!   What IS this world coming to?! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:22 pm

I have to stop in some Walmart to check. In Chicago those stores are on suburbs only(Why?), but it would be great if Walgreens would do similar(store on couple blocks distance everywhere).
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: What IS this world coming to?!   What IS this world coming to?! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:34 pm

VickiNumbers wrote:
No way! An ENRICHMENT toy at Wal-Mart? Are you sure that wasn't a dream?? What IS this world coming to?! 3909217443
Actually, I can't say I'm too surprised, it was bound to happen sooner or later. It's probably just been a matter of finding a supplier who is able to meet their needs volume-wise as well as be willing and able to agree on a price point. We all know the usual cost of our birds' toys when we buy them retail, and most are probably familiar with Wal-Mart's m.o. (huge company, tremendous buying power.) I'm grateful I wasn't a part of those negotiations!

They might have got a memo from Petco,watch out for that Kay girl,she's like a pit-bull. Roz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What IS this world coming to?!   What IS this world coming to?! Empty

Back to top Go down

What IS this world coming to?!
Page 1 of 1