Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doves/Pigeons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

Doves/Pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Doves/Pigeons   Doves/Pigeons EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 8:36 pm

not parrots but who's had them and what can you tell me about them? I figure the basic care is the same. do they need grit unlike parrots? and what about their personalities? There's a dove in need of a home and it got me thinking about them. They can't screech which is a total plus in my current living arrangement...could a gcc and a dove potentially be buddies or is that a no?
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

Doves/Pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doves/Pigeons   Doves/Pigeons EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 8:47 pm

My friend had doves and they were friendly and handleable. They were the only birds they had, so I can't say how they'd be with parrots, but I WILL say that the noise they make can get unbelievably annoying. Not loud, obviously, but if you've ever heard their "DO dodo DOOOO," just imagine hearing it OVER and over and over again. All day. Dead It might not be with all doves, they did have a pair. But I remember my friend complaining about it all the time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Doves/Pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doves/Pigeons   Doves/Pigeons EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 8:53 pm

What kind of dove? Some of them have pretty loud vocalizations. I've had diamond doves in mixed flights. Diamond doves are very docile and pretty quiet. Never tamed one so not sure how interactive they can be.

Personally, I wouldn't keep a dove w/ a GCC. Have to be pretty careful what kinds of hookbills you put with non-hookbills. The parrots can chunk a dove pretty easily.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

Doves/Pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doves/Pigeons   Doves/Pigeons EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 8:58 pm

ringneck I believe. I'm not talking about housing them together but maybe out of cage interaction together? but yeah I guess the hookbill would be an issue for that anyways...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Doves/Pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doves/Pigeons   Doves/Pigeons Empty

Back to top Go down

Doves/Pigeons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Care :: Parrot Species-
Jump to: