Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats this? A New Calf?!?

Go down 
+3
moa
atlanon
zazanomore
7 posters
AuthorMessage
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

Whats this? A New Calf?!? Empty
PostSubject: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 12:13 am

Tonight, we went and looked at some Black Angus calves. My stepdad has been wanting a heifer for a while now, and since it was their anniversary, my mom gave permission for him to get a new calf.

Personally, a Black Angus was my last choice. I was really hoping for a Limousin. I just find them really sweet and beautiful.

But, we were contacted by a Black Angus breeder.

My family took the 1 hour drive up to their farm to check out a 3 month old black Angus heifer.

The house and property was absolutely beautiful. They had a large field with a small herd of Angus, and several horses. We went in the pasture, and the horses basically ran to us. They were such sweeties, and they all surrounded me and begged for me to give them attention. It was heaven!

We went up to the herd of cattle, and we saw two young calves. One heifer and one bull. And man, are they well bred. Absolutely stunning, from a long line of pure breds.

We will be picking her up on Saturday morning, and I'll be sure to take lot's of pictures!

I've named her Dany. And hopefully she'll fit right in into our small herd of cows.
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 12:28 am

Beebeemooooos!!! I miss my farm animals Sad When I was home a few weeks ago I got to go see the moomoos at my trainer's barn and hang out with all the ponies I've missed so much. I always knew they were a huge part of my life, but now that I never see them I cry when I see them in commercials... it's pathetic...

Whats this? A New Calf?!? DSC_0097
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:43 am

I get to go play with cows and pigs tomorrow Smile (I used to be terrified of pigs- dunno why. now I love 'em) good luck with your new cow! I love those bovine eyes, they're so sweet and mild looking... I wish I could fit a cow, or at least a goat!, into my life but alas who has room for those guys in their backyard? certainly not I. One of my close friends is going to study to be a big animal vet though and I've seriously considered doing the same
love that picture lyzgrace! my biological father had all sorts of animals (a horse, goats, dogs, even two birds) and it was heavenly there besides the fact that he could be a little on the crazy side at times. It was really hard for me when visitations had to stop and I couldn't see all my animal friends, especially my dog and the horse. The sweetest creatures you've ever met..
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:02 am

Zaza, I'm happy for you!
Lyz, what a beautiful picture! Do you have it framed and hanging on the wall? Really love it Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:05 am

I love baby cows. I fell in love with them in Amish Country.

Are adult cows sweet too?
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
I love baby cows. I fell in love with them in Amish Country.

Are adult cows sweet too?

Yes!

In my opinion, they are just as great as horses! I know people who've saddle trained their cows.

There was an unaltered bull on the property we have our cows on. And he was raised by the owners. He ended up being so sweet, they couldn't sell him for beef. They bred him, and he just stayed as sweet as can be. Whenever I went into the pasture for whatever reason, he's walk right up to me, and I'd give him a nose rub.

I remember the owner calling him from across a field, so he could get his butt scratched. Laughing

They ended up selling him this summer. I was really sad to see him go...

However, they did buy two Limousin calves, plus one of their heifers gave birth to a beautiful black angus.
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Also, when I lived on my grandparents dairy farm, I used to feed the cows apples every night at a certain time. I'd go in there with crab apples from the tree in our yard, and they'd eat them out of my hand like any horse would.
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:20 am

Update! There's two new calves. Complete sweet hearts. I'll be uploading pictures some time today!
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:05 pm

Pascal:
Whats this? A New Calf?!? 5994129716_92cd09a828

Eugene:
Whats this? A New Calf?!? 5994121458_22c3e2e984

Sassy-Girl:
Whats this? A New Calf?!? 5994060652_2333eca964

Maximus and Eugene:
Whats this? A New Calf?!? 5993559033_631e2c29c3

Eugene:
Whats this? A New Calf?!? 5994092090_802c1f5bbf

Pascal:
Whats this? A New Calf?!? 5994096074_c04d6299ef

Pascal:
Whats this? A New Calf?!? 5993504785_7feb9ea614

Danny:
Whats this? A New Calf?!? 5993483809_bf9a5aa412
Back to top Go down
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

PostSubject: Re: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Aawwwwwww I love you
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:20 pm

hannahbird wrote:
Aawwwwwww I love you

The boys have their horns poking through. Eugene likes it when I scratch them sunny
Back to top Go down
hannahbird
African Grey
hannahbird

PostSubject: Re: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:43 pm

I want one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:51 pm

They are seriously cute!!
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:10 pm

hmmm, do ya think I could fit one in my bedroom? I'm not sure what the neighbors would think if they saw me walking one of those cuties down the street..
this may sound silly but I just love how perfect calf hooves are. and I adore their nobbly knees and big brown eyes and of course their noses...
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:35 pm

They have THE stickiest hagfish tongues!
I love messing with people at the fair and egging them on to have the calves lick them. Talk about slime. . .
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
crystalsbirdtoys
Senegal
crystalsbirdtoys

My Birds : African Grey - Merlin
Caique - Rosco
Cockatiel - Stryder

PostSubject: Re: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:05 am

Dany is moootiful!

I love your new Avatar picture Smile

We saw the cutest thing the other night driving home - the sun was setting, and we passed a big hill (dirt? hay?). On top was a cute little calf. It was like he was saying HI to the world.

I LOVE seeing all the babies during our drives home Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalsbirdtoys.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats this? A New Calf?!?   Whats this? A New Calf?!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats this? A New Calf?!?
Page 1 of 1