Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Urgent Situation: Hoarding in Troy, OH.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

Urgent Situation: Hoarding in Troy, OH. Empty
PostSubject: Urgent Situation: Hoarding in Troy, OH.   Urgent Situation: Hoarding in Troy, OH. EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:27 pm

http://parrotnation.com/2011/08/02/an-urgent-situation/

I first saw this posted in Avian Avenue a couple of days ago, complete with incredibly graphic photographs of the condition of the birds and their living situations. The above link has more to the story than what had been posted in various other bird forums.

For those who don't want to read the link, the story is this:

A man in Troy, Ohio has been hoarding parrots and other items. His house has been deemed unfit for human inhabitation and he has moved in with his sister, but 130+ birds were left behind. Most appear to be African Greys, Cockatoos and Macaws.

In Ohio, over the past couple of weeks, it's been reaching 100+ degrees Fahrenheit daily. The birds have been left with no air conditioning, food or water. The only thing they had available were piles of peanuts and old water. Most had been let loose in the house. At least 50 were found dead.

Miami Valley Bird Rescue has stepped in to feed and water the birds, but they're a small, fledgling rescue without much donation income. They've gone through multiple 40lb. bags of food already and don't have the money to sustain their rescue efforts. They're asking that, if you have items to spare, you please send them to:

Miami Valley Bird Rescue
Attn: Kim
4445 E. State Route 41
Troy, Ohio 45373

To send paypal donations, send payment to kseitz63@frontier.com. For more information, please call Jacque Johnson of Best Friends at 435-644-2001 ext. 4211.

If you do read the link, scroll down to the comments for places offering discounts on supplies to be donated to the rescue trying to help these birds.
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

Urgent Situation: Hoarding in Troy, OH. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Urgent Situation: Hoarding in Troy, OH.   Urgent Situation: Hoarding in Troy, OH. EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 5:00 pm

This is horrific. I know people have hoarding issues...the pictures are horrible.
Back to top Go down

Urgent Situation: Hoarding in Troy, OH.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Adoption/Rescue :: Rescue Donations-
Jump to: