Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available

Go down 
+5
ScooterNScotty
RogerP
GlassOnion
zazanomore
patdbunny
9 posters
AuthorMessage
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available Empty
PostSubject: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:16 pm

Hatched on May 30, 2011. Should be weaned in about 2 weeks:
Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available Compressed+jill+6
and
Hatched on April 24, 2011. Weaned and ready to go:
Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available Green+3

Last edited by patdbunny on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:29 pm

That little IRN just makes me want to punch myself in the face. That's how cute he is.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Yeah, he's cute.. but Zaza... Shocked
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:02 pm

zazanomore wrote:
That little IRN just makes me want to punch myself in the face. That's how cute he is.

Ummmmm....excuse me?
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 11:54 pm

Lots of weather we've been having lately. I think we've had weather very day this week. How 'bout them Tar Heels?

Actually it's the Sun I think is way too cute. But I don't think my neighbors would appreciate that voice...
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:36 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
(...)Actually it's the Sun I think is way too cute. But I don't think my neighbors would appreciate that voice...
I'm with you S&S. I love that picture!
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:58 pm

zazanomore wrote:
I hear ya zaza Laughing

careful, if you keep posting cute pictures like that you'll have an outbreak of birdnappers (as if ducky wasn't enough insentive...) Ninja
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:35 am

I'm all about the cuteness. . .heh, heh, heh. . .
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:58 am

Today, I was interrogating my SO about which birds he thinks are aesthetically attractive. He said 'no' to just about every species including the Conures, except he loved the Suns. He said I could get one down the road... Cool
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:59 am

beautiful birds and beautiful pics...way to go now i want a irn...but i think i have my limit....lol

dusty
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:00 am

dusty wrote:
beautiful birds and beautiful pics...way to go now i want a irn...but i think i have my limit....lol

dusty

unless..................lmao
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:07 am

I really want an IRN too, but I am scared by the "hands off" rep they have. Also not overly keen on their vocalizations but I love love love their speaking voice, next to a Grey it might be my favorite "talking" voice.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 12:25 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
I really want an IRN too, but I am scared by the "hands off" rep they have. Also not overly keen on their vocalizations but I love love love their speaking voice, next to a Grey it might be my favorite "talking" voice.
I LOVE Xavier my IRN because he's so "hands off". But then again, 20+ years of bird keeping I'm over the needing a snuggle bug.

My husband says IRNs aren't affectionate, but that's open to interpretation. Xavier easily steps up for me and pretty much anyone including strangers. He doesn't bite. He doesn't even tweak/pinch (unless I do something really crummy to him like pin him like a snake and restrain him. Even then, he's fine once he's let up.) He wants human interaction. Since he's loose in the living room and can get around most of the room on top of a cage or play pen, he'll follow me around the room when I'm doing stuff and make kissy noises at me. He like me to pick him up and make noises back at him and kiss his beak. To me, he is affectionate - he just doesn't want me petting him. None of the breeders preen each other or otherwise touch each other except to mate. That's just IRN's.

Vocalizations - I guess they can be raucous. Xavier rarely (pretty close to never) does any "wild" IRN noises since he talks and mimics, even though his vocabulary is very limited. He says "hi" and that's it, but he makes a lot of weird non IRN noises that are very cute. EC says he's mimicking me, making fun of my old boss. When I'm in another room and he hears me and he wants to interact he says "Hi" and I go to him and say "hi" back. I don't know if this desire to mimic instead of making "wild" noises is unique to Xavier or other tame and talking IRNs do it too.
ScooterNScotty wrote:

Actually it's the Sun I think is way too cute. But I don't think my neighbors would appreciate that voice...
Actually. . . This latest batch of conures vocalize like ringnecks! It's really funny and kinda nice since their mimicry of ringnecks sounds a lot nicer than conure!
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 4:36 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
Today, I was interrogating my SO about which birds he thinks are aesthetically attractive. He said 'no' to just about every species including the Conures, except he loved the Suns. He said I could get one down the road... Cool
I think I'm the only one who doesn't think suns are very pretty. I mean they are pretty but it's too in your face colorful for my tastes. I'd choose a jenday over a sun, at least...

Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:53 pm

moa wrote:
I'd choose a jenday over a sun, at least...
Me too!!
But Ducky is growing on me.
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:38 pm

patdbunny wrote:
moa wrote:
Me too!!
of course as soon as I posted this I went to get some supplies at the bird store and fell in love with a sun. Silly thing thought I was going to feed him and did the cute begging thing and played with my fingers. SO CUTE Razz still, jendays are prettier to me sunny is there much difference at all between suns/jendays besides coloration?
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 8:58 pm

moa wrote:
patdbunny wrote:
moa wrote:
Me too!!
of course as soon as I posted this I went to get some supplies at the bird store and fell in love with a sun. Silly thing thought I was going to feed him and did the cute begging thing and played with my fingers. SO CUTE Razz still, jendays are prettier to me sunny is there much difference at all between suns/jendays besides coloration?
Not really. More individual differences among individual suns and individual jendays. My first jenday was really cuddly and mellow. Ducky's very hyper and not so cuddly. But I think that's more individual than sun vs. jenday. They're both acrobatic, and loud and prone to tweakiness if rules and boundaries aren't given and enforced.
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 4:05 am

The first Sun I met was my neighbors. He was one of the first birds I was ever up close and personal with. He bit the sh... snot outta me. Then he "vocalized." Really loud.

Consequently, I think they're lovely birds - when they belong to someone else. Smile

Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 12:31 pm

VickiNumbers wrote:
The first Sun I met was my neighbors. He was one of the first birds I was ever up close and personal with. He bit the sh... snot outta me. Then he "vocalized." Really loud.
The tend to get that way. A truck load of socialization helps a lot. My experience has been a lot of socialization reduces the screaming, to me, about 75%. They tend to vocalize whenever anything is new or alarming. It's almost like they scream, "WHAT'S THAT?!" But for suns and jendays, "WHAT'S THAT?!" is everything. A lot of socialization and they pretty much start ignoring things so they're not screaming, "WHAT'S THAT?!" all the time.

And the biting can start as early as 6 months of age. Again, I think socializing helps a lot. Ducky's going to be 1 this month. He's super good with strangers including little tiny kids even when they move really fast to pet him or jump up and down and squeal around him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available   Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available Empty

Back to top Go down

Baby Suns & Ringnecks Available
Page 1 of 1