Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

playstands/areas!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

playstands/areas! Empty
PostSubject: playstands/areas!   playstands/areas! EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 11:26 pm

soooo, how many playstands or playareas do you guys have and what are they? homemade or storebought? what do you use the most?
I counted my play areas/stands and I have about four or five. this includes the cage top play area, a basket I put on my desk w/ foot toys in it, an awesome branch from my backyard tree that's a nice play area on any flat surface, and the slightly crappy playstand I made out of a fold up table and some lemon branches. I use the basket the most or a back of a chair with something fun tied to it just because it's so convenient.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

playstands/areas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: playstands/areas!   playstands/areas! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 12:45 am

I have perches and a boing on the outside of my cage to expand the cage area, a large windowsill and human shoulders.. I hope to buy a tree stand and a net in the future sometime. To be fair, they do have a large area to fly around as they wish.
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

playstands/areas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: playstands/areas!   playstands/areas! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 2:38 am

Merlin has a small T stand by my computer and the large one shown in my gallery picture that he largely ignores. I tried putting up a boing outside his cage but he won't play on it. As soon as I put it in his cage he began playing on it.
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

playstands/areas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: playstands/areas!   playstands/areas! EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 3:13 pm

We could do better in this respect. Scotty has a nice java tree in the living room, but he's not out there as much as he could be. Scooter doesn't seem all that fond of it. So it's mostly cage-top playstands, my desk, the kitchen counter and human locomotion.

We do have a stupidly bought T-stand on wheels that I've been meaning to refit as a mobile playgym for Scooter, but I think I might break down and buy a commercial one.

I also would like to do some ceiling mounted boings and a climbing net in the cage area. I am somewhat annoyed that both playtops have only a single toy hook and it isn't high enough to hang a boing properly from. If each had 3, with the middle one quite tall, I'd be happier.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

playstands/areas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: playstands/areas!   playstands/areas! Empty

Back to top Go down

playstands/areas!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Housing :: Housing, Aviary & Housing DIY-
Jump to: