Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your thoughts on Cage location wrt to windows?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

Your thoughts on Cage location wrt to windows? Empty
PostSubject: Your thoughts on Cage location wrt to windows?   Your thoughts on Cage location wrt to windows? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:53 pm

I would really like to rearrange our office/bird room, but I'm having trouble getting two desks, two bird cages and bookshelves to fit in any other configuration, let alone the larger cage and playstand I'd like to fit in. One option would be to make use of the window wall. How much overlap with a window would you consider OK? Half? more, but block the view with shades or a backing to the cage? I've heard they can feel exposed and insecure against a window. But it sure would open up wall space, which is what we are most short of.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Cage location wrt to windows?   Your thoughts on Cage location wrt to windows? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:57 pm

My birds have always liked being near windows so they can look outside. Sometimes I did get freaked out screaming if something they didn't like was outside. But mine were pretty socialized so all there was was screaming and no other panicky behavior.

I look to see how much sunlight and at what times it comes in the window in my determination of where in front of a window I put a cage.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Cage location wrt to windows?   Your thoughts on Cage location wrt to windows? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 8:13 pm

This window gets only late day sun... it looks out on the back yard, which has a high privacy fence on two sides and a big tree blocking much of the remaining direction. So frying them isn't much of a concern. Scooter "goes off" already when someone is working in the back yard. He has a very distinctive alarm call which is mostly used for the vacuum cleaner.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Cage location wrt to windows?   Your thoughts on Cage location wrt to windows? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 8:23 pm

I say do it.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Cage location wrt to windows?   Your thoughts on Cage location wrt to windows? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 8:47 pm

My birds are near windows and love it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Cage location wrt to windows?   Your thoughts on Cage location wrt to windows? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on Cage location wrt to windows?
Page 1 of 1