Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey from Mayberry

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi guys! I'm Julie, 27, live in the world famous small town of Mayberry in NC. Beach girl at heart though, grew up on the OBX.

Right now I have a 1 year old quaker parrot named Juniper, and a lovebird named Kokomo. Hope to add in a green cheek soon!

I have two boys, Lucas (almost Cool and Keats (almost 2) and am a stay at home mom and a very pre law college student.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:17 pm

Thanks for joining! Did you find a GCC breeder yet?
Back to top Go down

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Yes! I am meeting with her Sunday! She seems super awesome, she has 9 different GCCs and several Quaker Parrots too. I think I am going to have a hard time picking! I've seen pictures of one of her yellow sided GCCs, that is one beautiful baby. Keeping an open mind and just hoping to be "picked"!
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:22 pm

They really are so much fun. I found a breeder with lovebirds not too far from here that also has GCCs. Really cheap, too! $175 each for the normals. If I wasn't kind of bent on getting a lovebird now, I'd want another GCC baby.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:27 pm

Mayberry's a REAL place?! How's the Ope?
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:29 pm

I am paying $150 for the baby, and another $25 for the DNA test. Seems fair to me! There is a WONDEFUL Lovebird Aviary in Winston Salem NC, True Love Aviary. I was just contacted for a baby, I'd been waiting a while but passed. They are kind of uppity and anal but have beautiful babies. As much as I love Kokomo, if I were to have another lovie I'd go the baby/handfed route. She is a fiesty painful little poot.
Back to top Go down

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:31 pm

Sure is Smile It is realy called Mount Airy. I just moved across town, but my old house was exactly next door to Wally's Service Station. I eat at Snappy's Lunchbox, and my kid's get their haircut at Floyd's nieces place. His real name isn't Floyd, but he is who Andy' based the character on Smile People take Andy very seriously around here! I've never seen a full episode myself.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
I am paying $150 for the baby, and another $25 for the DNA test. Seems fair to me! There is a WONDEFUL Lovebird Aviary in Winston Salem NC, True Love Aviary. I was just contacted for a baby, I'd been waiting a while but passed. They are kind of uppity and anal but have beautiful babies. As much as I love Kokomo, if I were to have another lovie I'd go the baby/handfed route. She is a fiesty painful little poot.

That's not bad at all. I got my woodchipper for $100 from a rescue. I'd love a baby, but I wouldn't trade him for anything. Even if he is completely destroying the wood base to his play gym right now.

The same breeder that does GCC's also breeds lovebirds. I'm holding off on calling to see if they have any black masked or blue peachfaced's. Since the other family decided to keep the creamino I was going to get, I want to see if the new bird urge passes. And I'm still waiting for a cockatiel, hahaha.
Back to top Go down

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:35 pm

It is so hard to fight the bird urge!!! They really wiggle into your hearts don't they? Black masks are incredible!
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
It is so hard to fight the bird urge!!! They really wiggle into your hearts don't they? Black masks are incredible!

Yeah, it is. I saw the creamino ad in the newspaper and told my boyfriend about it. He said as long as I shut up during Survivor, I could do whatever I want. I called and she said someone else had it that didn't want it. But when she called back, she said they're going to keep it.

My dream is to have an indoor bird room. I'd love to take a bedroom or office and turn it into a bird room. I saw plans for one a guy had in his house where he put in a double safety door and had a huge glass window from the bird room into his den. I'd totally love to do that and have a bunch of birds.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Nice to see you here Julie !!!
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:37 pm

You guys make me want GCC again.
Back to top Go down

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Your blog had me sobbing for a Jenday. It still hurts. *sigh* Stupid effin' husband. I'd totes trade him for an African Grey.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:42 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
Your blog had me sobbing for a Jenday. It still hurts. *sigh* Stupid effin' husband. I'd totes trade him for an African Grey.

Get a husband that says what my boyfriend says! "Do whatever you want, just shut up while I watch Survivor." I hope they never cancel Survivor. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:46 pm

He normally isn't much of an ass, but the jenday was his threshold. I'll break him though, I normally do. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:48 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
He normally isn't much of an ass, but the jenday was his threshold. I'll break him though, I normally do. Twisted Evil

Mine owes me for setting up his parent's new DSL connection so they could get Vonage. He managed to get their account suspended with ATT because he argued with the agent and told her he wanted to switch. Not only did I get a new account set up, I got them to rush service until tomorrow. I figure he owes me, so I'm going to ask him to weld me aluminum rings together so I can make one of those bird toy orbiters.
Back to top Go down

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Ooooooh that sounds awesome, I hope we get pics of the progress. I half have Brian talked into making my a perch/playgym. I need ideas, I am scouting sites and youtube.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:56 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
Ooooooh that sounds awesome, I hope we get pics of the progress. I half have Brian talked into making my a perch/playgym. I need ideas, I am scouting sites and youtube.

I saw some Orbiters cheaper than on Oliver's Garden and Mother Pluckin'. They were only $20, but if I can get my boyfriend to weld me some rings together, I'd like to make my own and add some awesome toys. I've also been toying around making one of those Jolly Balls myself.

It's funny, though, because the rescue I got Cheney Bird from said he didn't play. They swore he absolutely did not play. I had him for two days and he had shredded a dozen popcicle sticks, learned to do flips around his swing, and decided he could wear one of those liberty bells like a gas mask and still get it to ring.

The budgies are the same way. They will shred paper and wood like no one's business. I have one of those Petco play gyms and the base is all chewed up from Pigpen. They also love their rope swing, so I think they'd really love one of those orbiters.
Back to top Go down

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:59 pm

Juniper doesn't play, like, at all. She ignores all her toys. She has one of everything, truly, but nothing interests her.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:01 pm

Some birds just aren't big players, I think. Others are just really particular about their toys. That's what mine are, really particular.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Julsiebean wrote:

No, no! He's not an ass! Even when they're not screamers, jenday calls can really grate on the nerves of most people. That's why I'm so careful in the way I describe their vocalizations. It's really not that loud, but the tone - OY!

My hubby and I have had many a row over the years over the conures even though mine aren't screamers. Their noise is instant migraine for some people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hey from Mayberry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey from Mayberry   Hey from Mayberry Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey from Mayberry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Welcome :: Introductions-
Jump to: