Meika's Birdhouse

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Meika's Birdhouse   Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:34 pm

Wanted to put forth an idea for those in Western Canada, and elsewhere for that matter. This store just opened up recently in Sherwood Park, Alberta. They are friends of mine and belong to my local bird club in Edmonton.

Ian and Janine opened their store and named it after their CAG, Meika, after being frustrated at finding good products for their birds. They are the store that is ordering my cage for me. They are also the ones who loaned me a cage for Arthur until it comes in. They are very open to brining in any new product anyone might be interested in, and are swiftly becoming the best resource in Northern Alberta for bird supplies.

They do have a website, but do not yet have their online ordering system in place as yet. However, you could certainly e-mail them andif you know what you want they will get it for you, matching or beating any proce you can find. I realize that I am the only one here (other than Jan) who is in Alberta, but there customer service and flexibility is excellent, and anyone interested will be happy if you contact them.

They also board birds, rescue birds, and have several of their own, so they know what they are talking about (despite having a connection with the Womach training products, which I don't like. They only use what makes sense, and none of the flooding ideas the Womachs use)

They can be reaced through their website at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Meika's Birdhouse   Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:44 pm

I will definitely check out their website! I live in BC, so if anything, shipping shouldn't be too bad.
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Meika's Birdhouse   Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:03 pm

I love seeing Canadian bird stores!

Einstein -  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Bonnie -  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Clyde -  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Madoc -  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Sol -  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Charlie Bird -[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)