Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

update on the mikko girl

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
coral
Sun Conure
coral

My Birds : CAG-Mikko, Blue headed pionus- Marty, 11 finches

update on the mikko girl Empty
PostSubject: update on the mikko girl   update on the mikko girl EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 4:12 pm

okay so she has been eating, today she finished one of her meds and tomorrow will be the last day of her other meds. her favortie food seems to be apple. is it okay for her to get apple everyday? she eats her seeds and nuts and then throws a lot of it on the floor. she has a huge vocabulary: come here aubrey, pauline you want oatmeal?, mikko, pretty bird, pretty mikko, hello, hellooooo, water dripping, door opening, barking, other weird noises like burping, farting, beeping, and some others i cant describe she also does a cat call and whistles. she also dances! she uses things in context which is cool to like when i brought marty over to say hi she said helloo pretty bird, my phone rings she says hello?, i turned off the lights and she said hello and i didnt answer so she said hellooooooooo?, when someone walks in the room she says hello. shes shunning me due to the fact that im the evil woman who gives her the yucky meds, she'll start to trust me and let me pet her then it will be time for more meds. hopefully things get better when the meds are over with. she throws such a tempertantrum! shes a very sweet and gentle girl and her and marty talk to each other a lot! i think theyll get along Smile
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: update on the mikko girl   update on the mikko girl EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 4:17 pm

oh and she grabs her bell and wears it as a hat lol
Back to top Go down
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

PostSubject: Re: update on the mikko girl   update on the mikko girl EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 4:38 pm

That's a parrot trait across the board for the smaller species. Our hahn's likes so talk into his because he likes the echo and Ecko likes to wear his as a hat. My jardines likes to attack the clacker in his and yells at it like its bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: update on the mikko girl   update on the mikko girl EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 4:46 pm

Sounds like she's going to be a lot of fun!
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: update on the mikko girl   update on the mikko girl EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:23 pm

ill try to get some videos of the crazy girl but shes camera shy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: update on the mikko girl   update on the mikko girl EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:36 pm

just wanted to let everyone know how mikko is doing:
okay so i havnt seen any plucking since she came home. yay!!! update on the mikko girl 2154879677im not sure if shes not plucking because shes bald in some places or just because she doesnt feel the need to do so. i want to convert her to pellets just not sure how. shes been eating fruits throws the veggies. her favorite is apples. she talks a bunch more! and guess what.. she sits on me and plays with my hair! she steps up on my hand without fear! im so happy with how things are going i think shes starting to trust me. I love you ill put some pictures on in a little bit! shes nervous around the camera where as marty wants to play with it. the only toy she plays with is her bell really but she has started climbing off her cage and getting into stuff lol Rolling Eyes im glad she feels comfortable enough to explore her home though! i promise youll get pictures! update on the mikko girl 3508084831
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: update on the mikko girl   update on the mikko girl EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 7:19 pm

Oh yay! It sounds like things are really coming along with her! As far as the conversion to pellets goes, just start by putting them in with her seeds, only a few at first, then start increasing the number of pellets and decreasing the seeds. That's one way. Another way is to introduce a completely separate dish of pellets and let her just start investigating them on her own that way. And one mORE way is to start giving her pellets as treats! Then you're amazingly wonderful when she thinks they're a delectable treat, and one day you decide to give her a whole bowl of them! Lol.

Another thing you might consider doing, if you're not/haven't already, is sprouting the seeds she's eating. I've heard (on this forum I think) that many birds who are seed junkies will make a fairly easy transition to sprouted seeds, and sprouted seeds are SOOOO much better for them than dry seeds.
Anyhoo, maybe someone with more experience and knowledge will come along and totally correct me, but that's what I have to offer based on the knowledge I have. Smile

Keep us posted! I love stories!!
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: update on the mikko girl   update on the mikko girl EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 1:10 am

thank you vikki! and im awful at sprouting seeds they always smell mildewy for some reason so i throw them away Rolling Eyes i have a bowl of pellets in her cage and i put some in her seeds to so far she just kinda throw them lol
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: update on the mikko girl   update on the mikko girl EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 3:49 am

I'm glad she's doing so welL!!!

coral wrote:
thank you vikki! and im awful at sprouting seeds they always smell mildewy for some reason so i throw them away Rolling Eyes i have a bowl of pellets in her cage and i put some in her seeds to so far she just kinda throw them lol

After you soak the seeds for 8-10 hours, rinse and drain them thoroughly. Then when you rinse them daily, also make sure to drain them well. I shake the container up and down and bang it against the sink side until no more water is coming out. Also, don't let them "cook" too long, just until there is a small tail is good enough. They will keep growing in the fridge, but much slower.

They should smell earthy, but not mildewy. You can taste them as well as smelling them.
Back to top Go down
coral
Sun Conure
coral

PostSubject: Re: update on the mikko girl   update on the mikko girl EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 3:27 pm

what kind of seeds should i try to sprout?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: update on the mikko girl   update on the mikko girl Empty

Back to top Go down

update on the mikko girl
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Welcome :: Parrot Tales-
Jump to: