Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I can't do this again

Go down 
+5
RogerP
ScooterNScotty
dusty
GlassOnion
wyspur
9 posters
AuthorMessage
wyspur
Parrotlet
wyspur

My Birds : 7 parakeets, 6 tiels, and two crazy Caiques
wyspurcreations is a sanctuary for small birds with special needs.

I can't do this again Empty
PostSubject: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:20 am

What is wrong with some people? I got a call from a lady, said I have to take her bird. Found out later that a friend who couldn't deal with this lady and gave her my number. She said this bird had to go tonight. I don't have any place to house a cockatoo in my facility, but I can find another place to take it. She screamed at me and said if I don't take this bird she will put it in the garage and turn the car on and it will be my fault. I told her I would make a few calls and get back to her, she hung up on me. I called her back after a few minutes and told her that I need her address for my friend to come and get this bird. She drove a half hour to pick up this bird. I was shaking so bad, I have never had to deal with a situation like this before. What desperate people will do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wyspurcreations.com
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:39 am

You should've reported her to the authorities for threatening animal abuse.
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:06 am

wish she had called me...i would take it in a minute

it must have been upsetting for you, sorry to hear this

dusty
Back to top Go down
wyspur
Parrotlet
wyspur

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 11:56 am

My friend does rescue on a large scale. The Sheriff and Animal Control were called. They didn't go in un-armed. We have the cockatoo in position, Sheriff took care of her. I was in the process of having somebody come and get this bird, she didn't want to wait for that.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 3:35 pm

That's someone gone round the bend, I fear. What was she doing with a 'too in the first place?
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 6:40 pm

How do you get into a bird like a Too without having done the proper research (or any anumal for that matter)? Given the price tag on most Toos, it's not like it's an impulse buy! I can't do this again 2699404744

Some people should not have pets. How sad for this bird.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 10:52 pm

RogerP wrote:
Some people should not have pets. How sad for this bird.

Agree Sad
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:09 am

RogerP wrote:
Given the price tag on most Toos, it's not like it's an impulse buy!
You would be F*ing surprised . . .
A prior M2 I took in - he was bought as a high school graduation present for some girl who lost interest in him and he ended up not leaving his cage for years, had a huge mutilation scab on his chest and didn't know how to step up. He even mutilated while he was asleep.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:36 am

wyspur wrote:
What is wrong with some people? I got a call from a lady, said I have to take her bird. Found out later that a friend who couldn't deal with this lady and gave her my number. She said this bird had to go tonight. I don't have any place to house a cockatoo in my facility, but I can find another place to take it. She screamed at me and said if I don't take this bird she will put it in the garage and turn the car on and it will be my fault. I told her I would make a few calls and get back to her, she hung up on me. I called her back after a few minutes and told her that I need her address for my friend to come and get this bird. She drove a half hour to pick up this bird. I was shaking so bad, I have never had to deal with a situation like this before. What desperate people will do.

People perplex me. Why do so many people lack empathy?

patdbunny wrote:
RogerP wrote:
A prior M2 I took in - he was bought as a high school graduation present for some girl who lost interest in him and he ended up not leaving his cage for years, had a huge mutilation scab on his chest and didn't know how to step up. He even mutilated while he was asleep.

I got Einstein as a graduation gift. And my parents thought HE was expensive. And I begged my little heart out for him. Jeez.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 2:21 am

zazanomore wrote:
patdbunny wrote:
RogerP wrote:

I got Einstein as a graduation gift. And my parents thought HE was expensive. And I begged my little heart out for him. Jeez.
not baggin' on our young here. The m2, I really don't think anyone in that family thought about it or the price tag with the multiple BMW's, and Mercedes' in the driveway. That bird was purely bought as a bauble.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:07 am

Quote :
People perplex me. Why do so many people lack empathy?

Poor parenting, IMHO. Ignorant people breed more ignorant people.
Back to top Go down
wyspur
Parrotlet
wyspur

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:45 pm

The introduction of Craigslist made it possible to purchase any kind of pet for a reasonable price. It's so easy now to click on an add and purchase a pet.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm all for breeding (as y'all know) and access to good quality pets and all, but I've come to the opinion that now with the internet too many people have access to exotics. In the "olden days", if you wanted a parrot other than a tiel or a budgie you had to be really, really into birds and it took a lot of searching to find exactly what you wanted. It took me 5 years to decide I wanted a CAG and then to locate a baby. It took networking with other "parrot people", and you just learned a lot and got hands on experience with birds before you found your bird. Now, anyone can locate one in 15 minutes and get it.
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

sun conure (simon)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:03 pm

i agree with you PdB...i am one of the ones that just went and bought parrots with very little experience, however i did my research after buying the birds...i didn't do things in the right order...i love my birds and spend most of my days with them because i am retired...other new parrot owners may not be so lucky as i have been meeting you all and learning from you...people should join a forum like this before purchasing a bird, it is a big commitment that lasts til you die...and even then you have to provide for them in that event...i am glad i did it but would caution others to what lies ahead for them...just my opinion...pet stores and breeders should put out a booklet on the subject before they sell the birds

dusty
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Dusty - I'm not saying it doesn't always work. Like in your case it did. I think it has something to do with how animal oriented people are (you fish fanatic you!). I did it "wrong" in the beginning also - impulse purchased my conure. But I'm really "into" animals. Even at the time of the impulse purchase I remember asking how long do they live. They lied and said 10 years. Given that I thought it would live 10 years, I was ok with it. I knew I could commit 10 years to a small pet.

Unfortunately, I think in most cases it doesn't work out. . .
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

sun conure (simon)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:12 pm

i agree out my 8 birds, 8 are rehomes...so at least 8 people had bad experiences that didn't work out, and i know for sure some had more than one owner

dusty
Back to top Go down
crystalsbirdtoys
Senegal
crystalsbirdtoys

My Birds : African Grey - Merlin
Caique - Rosco
Cockatiel - Stryder

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:17 pm

This is really scary. I find here in Canada, the prices, even of rehomes, are quite high. When I check out a few of the lists and sanctuaries in the USA, the prices of these beautiful avians is cut dramatically - it's so sad to see that they're a little bit TOO affordable.

Wow - just wow that this woman would threaten the life of this Cockatoo Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalsbirdtoys.com
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

sun conure (simon)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:21 pm

on kijiji the other day i saw a GGC for $600. good luck dude...lol
glad the prices are high or i would have even more birds...lol

dusty
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:40 pm

patdbunny wrote:
I'm all for breeding (as y'all know) and access to good quality pets and all, but I've come to the opinion that now with the internet too many people have access to exotics. In the "olden days", if you wanted a parrot other than a tiel or a budgie you had to be really, really into birds and it took a lot of searching to find exactly what you wanted. It took me 5 years to decide I wanted a CAG and then to locate a baby. It took networking with other "parrot people", and you just learned a lot and got hands on experience with birds before you found your bird. Now, anyone can locate one in 15 minutes and get it.

I agree with this one and I'd like also add, that in today world nothing is appreciated by some people. I don't know if that is civilization side effect or we're spoiled now, but I remember times, when small things made me happy. Now, to follow that "rat competition" you have to spend more on goods, than you're able to make!
I don't care about most material things, I really don't. Of course I would like to have nice house in a good neighborhood, for sure bmw, but are there really, really, really my dreams? No! First is my health and happiness and then material things.

My point, for a lot people material goods are more important than their own life. The same way they raise they kids.
I impulse bought both Cockatiels: first I was thinking about to buy and just walk from store with Chico and then Mickey from Craigslist. But I do feel responsible for them. Some people unfortunately treats pets as toys.

I can't officially rescue form Rescue Place, because there is landowner agreement needed. I have, so far, very flexible manager, but he won't sign officially knowing that I have more than 2 birds.

That particular woman mentioned by Wyspur is absolutely insane to me. IMO, those kind of people should get help from psychiatrist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I can't do this again   I can't do this again Empty

Back to top Go down

I can't do this again
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Off Topic Posts :: Non-Parrot Discussions-
Jump to: