Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OMG! What is wrong with animal control

Go down 
+2
dusty
patdbunny
6 posters
AuthorMessage
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

OMG!  What is wrong with animal control Empty
PostSubject: OMG! What is wrong with animal control   OMG!  What is wrong with animal control EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:11 pm

http://www.dogheirs.com/tamara/posts/437-pitbull-that-defended-his-guardian-from-ex-husband-s-assault-put-to-death

For a "gladiator" type dog, Putz sounded very stable of temperament and very nice. If he was actually vicious he would have messed the ex up badly.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: OMG! What is wrong with animal control   OMG!  What is wrong with animal control EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:27 pm

that sucks...i hope she sues the city

dusty
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: OMG! What is wrong with animal control   OMG!  What is wrong with animal control EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:49 pm

I hate hearing stories like that.
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: OMG! What is wrong with animal control   OMG!  What is wrong with animal control EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:01 pm

That is ridiculous! It seems in that article that only one side of the "story" was listened to, which is wrong! I am not a fan of Pitbulls myself, and I know they have a bad rap attached top them, but I think with any "problem" dog, the blame usually should be laid with the owner and not the dog (though the dog gets the blame most often).
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: OMG! What is wrong with animal control   OMG!  What is wrong with animal control EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:40 pm

I've only met a few pitbulls before. They're banned here in Ontario. But, every single one of them were complete and utter sweeties.

I agree with you Roger, with "problem" dogs, it is the fault of the owner, not the dog.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: OMG! What is wrong with animal control   OMG!  What is wrong with animal control EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:10 pm

I don't like how I commonly see people treating their dogs like absolute sh**.

Dog runs off, comes back and then the owner yanks on the collar and hits it, yelling, "bad dog!".. The dog can't connect that it's being punished for going off, all it knows is that it came back and now its owner's angry! Are people honestly that dense..?

So many people abuse their dogs on a moderate, socially acceptable level because they feel the need to show who's boss. What else pisses me off is that dogs have been brainwashed over the last ten thousand or so years that they take the abuse but still wag their tails and jump happily at their abusers. I like birds because they have a mind of their own.
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: OMG! What is wrong with animal control   OMG!  What is wrong with animal control EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:45 pm

OMG!  What is wrong with animal control Dog_gone
This dog was half pit and she was a very sweet girl. She and Smint used to play when I had him turned out in the big arena. She belonged to the barn owner. I think the issue with pit bulls is multifold -- they don't necessarily bite more often, but when they do, they tend to hang on and do significant damage. Also, some pit bull owners either actually fight the dogs or buy them to be intimidating and don't train them.

If things really played out exactly as in that article it was a real travesty.

My pet peeve, so to speak, with dog owners is that they don't do even basic training, especially those with smaller dogs. Very often I see dogs taking their owner for a drag around the block. The owners seem to think they are giving the dog more freedom and may even give it a ton of lead with one of those retracting things, but in reality the dog would be happier if it had some rules and understood them.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: OMG! What is wrong with animal control   OMG!  What is wrong with animal control EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:12 pm

Our chihuahua actually heels, comes when called and can be trusted off leash. And she's our little princess. Fluffy, our puppy, I've been remiss. I need to train her.

Part of the problem, I think, is that humans have a misconception that all dogs need to be waggly, slobber-all-over-you love bugs. Some dogs, if they don't try to eat you they're very nicely tempered (rotts, pitts, livestock guardians, akitas, chows, chihuahuas).
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: OMG! What is wrong with animal control   OMG!  What is wrong with animal control EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:15 pm

About pits being mean fighting dogs - my old pekingese beat the snot out of my friend's pit. They were in another room together. We hear a fight break out and I thought, "OMG! My dog's getting eaten!" Pekingese had the pit (easily twice her size) cornered, screaming and cowering.
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: OMG! What is wrong with animal control   OMG!  What is wrong with animal control EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:25 am

You know, I'm more scared of small dogs than I am of big dogs. Little dogs think they can get away with anything, the little monsters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG! What is wrong with animal control   OMG!  What is wrong with animal control Empty

Back to top Go down

OMG! What is wrong with animal control
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Off Topic Posts :: Non-Parrot Discussions-
Jump to: