Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

favorite species?

Go down 
+10
MandaDPanda
zazanomore
Vikki
evil chicken
GlassOnion
patdbunny
RogerP
atlanon
Margaret
moa
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:38 pm

I think most of us have that one species/group they just can't get enough of, be it macaws, conures, cockatoos, or any other. What's yours and what sets them apart? of course I'm totally biased and have to say that conures are the best! Wink

BlueFrontZon SulphurCToo HyacinthMacaw CrismonRosella Sun Conure Lovebird Ringneck3 Cockatiel 4 Bourke Eclectus female Senegal Timeh Grey Green Lineolated Kakapo
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:57 pm

BlueFrontZon yellowCrZon yellowZon Those are my dream...
SulphurCToo Those I like to pet and watch, but I'll pass on having one.
Lovebird 4 All of the Lovebirds I love to look at, but I'll pass on having one...
Cockatiel 1 I have one or rather she owns me, but I don't mind having more in the future!
Bourke Sometimes I'm wondering, maybe...
Green Lineolated Blue Lineolated I have to have one of this!
Eclectus Male who can resist?
Budgie 1 + 3X Budgie 3 they live with me and I'll pass on them in the future...

Can't find of icons of not that very known birds as I mentioned in this topic
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 12:08 am

Well obviously right now I'm tied up with Eclectus Male and from the week that I've spent with him, I can't imagine being without one!!!

I don't have any definite "next birds," but I've been reading up recently on Galah ... Too early to tell, but I may be in love with them. I hope I can meet one one day I love you
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:05 am

For some unknown reason I am drawn to the Pionus (Pionus's, Pioni?? what's the plural? Roz )

I love the look of the White Capped WhiteCPionus and Bronze Wing. Even the Blue Head Blue Head Pionus looks cool. If money was no object I would get one of each in a heartbeat!

Last edited by RogerP on Fri May 27, 2011 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:09 am

I dunno!! So hard to decide!
Of the birds I have personal experience with I'd have to say the conures.
Of the birds I want, I want a Brazilian hawkhead really, really badly.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:17 am

Hawk-Headed Here is one for you! It's always good to have dreams...
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:21 am

I really like the expressive Macaw/Conure group. I don't do well with 'cat' type personalities.
Absolutely love the look of girly Ekkies.

If toos weren't so unpredictable and needy and dangerous, I'd love one!
I even toy with the idea of a Bare Eyed Too..
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:41 am

My absolute favorites are Bourke They're quiet, small enough to not be extremely messy, some of them are PINK, and most of all they're so sweet! I am biased, I must admit, because some of my first birds were a rosy and regular bourke named Berry and Chirpity and I took them everywhere with me for the ten years I had them.

Other than bourkes:
Fiery mutation GoldenRosella because I think they're gorgeous. I know, not a reason to get one, but it doesn't hurt to admire from afar.
SulphurCToo UmbrellaToo I like 'toos for looks and personality, but I don't think I could keep up with one. I love playing with them, but I won't ever own one.
Sun Conure are actually only on the top because of Ducky; I was never interested in having one until Ducky rolled over onto his back and just looked at me, and I was immediately his.
I like Timeh Grey too, because their personality seems really relaxed. I like Timnehs over Congos - no clue why. Maybe post-traumatic-stress-disorder from the Congo my mom used to have that I was afraid of. There really was no reason for me to be afraid of it; my dad didn't like it so I just took after him I guess.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 6:30 am

evil chicken wrote:
My absolute favorites are Bourke They're quiet, small enough to not be extremely messy, some of them are PINK, and most of all they're so sweet! I am biased, I must admit, because some of my first birds were a rosy and regular bourke named Berry and Chirpity and I took them everywhere with me for the ten years I had them.
And my question will be: how did you took your bourkes with you? They were clipped? And if so, they wasn't running from you, when they have a chance?
I'm sorry, maybe that question seems to be funny, but I imagined my budgies(even if they were clipped) with me outside... Maybe that's the budgie thing- to be everywhere and not long in a one place suspect Wink
Back to top Go down
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:52 am

I will always love my Jardines, he was my first and he got me into this, but I have to say I love the macaw. So emotional and full of expression that you swear sometimes they have human souls lingering.
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 7:58 am

Hands down the conure family. Love them. I'd have a house full if I could. Happy

I am also super obsessed with African Greys.
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Australian and New Zealand parrots.

All time favorite has got to be BUDGIES! Budgie 1 Budgie 2 Budgie 3 Budgie 4

Followed by cockatiels Cockatiel 1 Cockatiel 6 Cockatiel 2 Cockatiel 4 Cockatiel 3 Cockatiel 5

Kakariki Baby

Bourkes Bourke Bourke2

Galah Galah

Lories Lorikeet

Plus pretty much all the other Australian parakeets.

And then there's the few non-Aussie birds that I love

White capped pionus WhiteCPionus

Female red belled Red Bellied

Timmeh Grey Timeh Grey

Rose crowned conure Jardine
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:27 pm

LOVE Sun Conure (obviously)

My favorite birds have always been BlueGoldMacaw though. I can't remember the first time I ever met one, but from that point I just LOVED them.

I also love Moluccan the one I have met was adorable and sweet Smile

I dream of a flock with those and a Congo Grey
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:19 pm

Margaret wrote:
evil chicken wrote:
And my question will be: how did you took your bourkes with you? They were clipped? And if so, they wasn't running from you, when they have a chance?
I'm sorry, maybe that question seems to be funny, but I imagined my budgies(even if they were clipped) with me outside... Maybe that's the budgie thing- to be everywhere and not long in a one place suspect Wink
I had a small carrier-cage for when I traveled with them. Yes they were clipped, and I did take them out of the carrier outside, but they didn't run from me at all. My mom hand-fed them so they were tame and they would actually follow me around. I don't know anything about budgies, but tame bourkes don't do much. Mine were fine with sitting on a finger or on the top of their carrier, or walking around foraging for seed.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:52 pm

I shouldn't compare any birds to budgies, they're like little devils, never stay in one place for a long time. I have read somewhere good expression about them, that they act like after steroids Wink At least mine! Thanks for info about Bourke, they are cute, I admit.

zazanomore, when you won't have ideas for next Australian Parrot, you're welcome HERE. Why do you think I stored all of that info, to make my choices easier in the future Roz flappinhappy
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:59 pm

I've read that some people think bourkes are "boring". It's true they don't really "do" anything. They're birdie "beings" not birdie "doings". I love them. So sweet, so cute. When tame they'll chirp "at" you. They want to interact with you in their own way.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:21 pm

I believe that having 4 budgies behind me, Bourke or Blue Lineolated or one of those neophemas(Scarlet Chested) will be the perfect, quiet bird. Even Chico is not that loud as all of them, but I love those little monsters anyway What a Face
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Budgie on steroids! Roz
Back to top Go down
Perch
Budgerigar
Perch

My Birds : Pickle the spoiled, Ecco the sweet, Merlyn the big, Arthur the brat, and Sebastian the loud

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:47 pm

by far i would love one of these little beakers
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptyFri May 27, 2011 10:56 pm

patdbunny wrote:
I've read that some people think bourkes are "boring". It's true they don't really "do" anything. They're birdie "beings" not birdie "doings". I love them. So sweet, so cute. When tame they'll chirp "at" you. They want to interact with you in their own way.

I love the "boring" birds.

They have such sweet personalities. Just because they aren't screaming, neurotic, feather plucking, geniuses, doesn't mean they are any less loveable. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptySat May 28, 2011 1:05 am

zazanomore wrote:
patdbunny wrote:

I love the "boring" birds.

They have such sweet personalities. Just because they aren't screaming, neurotic, feather plucking, geniuses, doesn't mean they are any less loveable. Very Happy

And I want the Caiques, the BE2's, and whatever else runs around like its on crack!
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:12 am

GlassOnion wrote:
And I want the Caiques, the BE2's, and whatever else runs around like its on crack!

I understand you Glass, it's called "days before Bird Fair" tension Roz Wink I hope you'll come with some: wee!
Back to top Go down
Polytelismedia
Budgerigar
Polytelismedia

My Birds : All in the wild

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: I dont have a favorite because all parrots are amazing but this one sure is one of my favorites!   favorite species? EmptySat May 28, 2011 6:00 pm

Even top bird watchers in Australia have never seen this species in the wild so you can bet I will always enjoy watching my footage on the species in the Gibson desert. Princess Parrots are on almost every birder in Australia's dream list.Was I fortunate or what!!!

favorite species? Princessgroupeditededit

Last edited by Polytelismedia on Sat May 28, 2011 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://polytelismedia.wordpress.com/2009/02/
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptySat May 28, 2011 6:15 pm

Princess parrot?
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? EmptySat May 28, 2011 6:17 pm

They are beautiful, and there is so much mutations in captivity, but I think, they will be to loud in my apartment Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

favorite species? Empty
PostSubject: Re: favorite species?   favorite species? Empty

Back to top Go down

favorite species?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next