Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm officially heartbroken...

Go down 
+5
Jan
atlanon
patdbunny
GlassOnion
MandaDPanda
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

I'm officially heartbroken... Empty
PostSubject: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Aries loves my hubby more than me Sad

I think he's just being hormonal right now. He's not screamy...just a touchy little jerk at the moment. He's preening like crazy and molting a bit. Grrrr...

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Sad Sad That just means you have to get another bird, for YOU Roz
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:32 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
Sad Sad That just means you have to get another bird, for YOU Roz

Or like...3 more for me Wink LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:35 pm

Yep. Time for a new bird for Mama! wee
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:41 pm

Quote :
Sad Sad That just means you have to get another bird, for YOU
Yeah! Totally!

I think the little conures are just traitors at heart. My little jenday was MY BFF for five years! Met my BF (now husband) and within 5 minutes was his bird.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:43 pm

patdbunny wrote:
I think the little conures are just traitors at heart. My little jenday was MY BFF for five years! Met my BF (now husband) and within 5 minutes was his bird.

"So how did you know your husband was 'THE ONE?' "
"Weeelll...."
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Seriously. Aries didn't want to have anything to do with him until like a week ago. LOL Hubby went through many a bite and blood letting. LOL

We're planning on a new addition...may come sooner rather than later. He's not mean to me...he's just not "my bird" anymore. LOL
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:52 pm

LyzGrace wrote:
"Weeelll...."

My grandmother told me to go with what my pets decided. I used to have a dog that was super docile, not a mean bone in her body - she bit a prior BF Shocked . I didn't marry him.

My grandmother also told me to smell the guy. I have to like the way he smells. Makes sense - pheremones and all.
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:59 pm

patdbunny wrote:
LyzGrace wrote:
"Weeelll...."

My grandmother told me to go with what my pets decided. I used to have a dog that was super docile, not a mean bone in her body - she bit a prior BF Shocked . I didn't marry him.

My grandmother also told me to smell the guy. I have to like the way he smells. Makes sense - pheremones and all.

Your grandmother was a wise lady!! Nate spent so much time over my house that whenever we'd be goofing around with the dogs they would get upset with me and try to protect him if I started throwing fake punches. And... I do like the way he smells... I'd love to do some research on the psychology behind couples and pheremones, I'd never thought about it!!
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:06 pm

My grandma gave similar advice. She also said, "the way a guy treats his mom and animals will be how he treats you".

And yes, you have to like his smell...not the soap smell, but his smell smell. I know, sounds weird. Not like gross out in the sun all day working smell, just him. K, NOW I sound crazy.
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 3:14 pm

MandaDPanda wrote:
My grandma gave similar advice. She also said, "the way a guy treats his mom and animals will be how he treats you".

And yes, you have to like his smell...not the soap smell, but his smell smell. I know, sounds weird. Not like gross out in the sun all day working smell, just him. K, NOW I sound crazy.

No, I get it!! Haha. Learn something new everyday. On a parrot forum, nonetheless. Singing
Back to top Go down
Jan
Parrotlet
Jan

My Birds : Sputnik - Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:35 pm

MandaDPanda wrote:

I totally agree. : ) But I'm sorry your little guy is acting all silly - maybe things will change soon.
Back to top Go down
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:41 pm

the rebonding thing does happen... sad when it does but as long as he's not nasty to you, at least you can still play with him. And like it was mentioned, just opened your door for a new friend. Smile Maybe a BIG friend. BlueGoldMacaw
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:41 pm

It's new birdy season for everyone! Balloon There's a free lovie with a flight cage and all on my local CL, but I got my heart set on a Conure.. Dead
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:56 pm

I actually wasn't upset that my bird switched alliances. It's a bird! It wasn't "doing it to me". So long as she didn't attack me I didn't really care. Well, I guess I did care, but I didn't hold it against her - does that make sense? She did try to attack me a few times. We didn't allow it. So I could still handle her and interact with her, it's just that she preferred my husband over me.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:10 pm

When my bf coming from work to me(we don't live together), Chico's reaction is first crest up, then immediately after: LOOOOOOOONG WEEEEEEEEEEE! and then she jumps on my bf's shoulder. Little traitor wee I don't mind, I prefer that she is friendly!
(good excuse to get another bird, yeeeah!)
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:18 pm

People are tempting me...there's a Green Wing and a B&G...two in fact...whyyyyyyyyyyy?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:32 pm

MandaDPanda wrote:
People are tempting me...there's a Green Wing and a B&G...two in fact...whyyyyyyyyyyy?!?!?!?
fortuitous
serendipity
Fortune cookie say: Happy Chance Shines Upon You China

geettttt iiiittttttttttt. . .
TheWave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:41 pm

^BAHAHAHAHA That just made me almost pee my pants!!!!
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 5:45 pm

patdbunny wrote:
MandaDPanda wrote:
fortuitous
serendipity
Fortune cookie say: Happy Chance Shines Upon You China

geettttt iiiittttttttttt. . .
TheWave

Two words: Bad influence.

LOL - though I'm quite serious about an Amazon that needs a home. Go look at the thread where I was calling out our resident Zon people Wink
Back to top Go down
crystalsbirdtoys
Senegal
crystalsbirdtoys

My Birds : African Grey - Merlin
Caique - Rosco
Cockatiel - Stryder

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:09 pm

Bah, you get used to it.

Merlin LOVES Husband more than me. I think he chose Husband as his before I did Very Happy

And Merlin's been with me since 1999, I've been with husband since 2007...traitor.

I have Rosco and Stryder is like Switzerland.

Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalsbirdtoys.com
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:15 pm

That's what I'm waiting for...a birdie that is either Swiss or mine.

Hubby already has the dog...though the cat is mine all mine Smile
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:55 pm

my tiel bonded to my dad after the first couple years of having her and started laying eggs Baby she was still a sweetheart (excluding when she was in 'mommy-mode') but she looked to him for headsctratches, ect. funny how birds do that
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Hey MandaDPanda ,

just GETTTT ITTTT I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm officially heartbroken...   I'm officially heartbroken... Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm officially heartbroken...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Welcome :: Parrot Tales-
Jump to: