Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Umbrella Cockatoos

Go down 
+2
GlassOnion
patdbunny
6 posters
AuthorMessage
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Umbrella Cockatoos Empty
PostSubject: Umbrella Cockatoos   Umbrella Cockatoos EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:43 pm

So today I was delivering some birds to meet their new parents. I was ready to leave when I heard the unmistakable noise of a parrot screaming out of a nearby tree. I walk to the noise and there's an umbrella cockatoo up a tree in the middle of the parking lot of this mall. So, kook that I am, I just happen to have a sun conure with me and a bag of parrot food. I got get my conure and a handful of seed and go back to try to coax the umbrella out of the tree. The U2's yelling his fool head off and I hear another 2 in the distance screaming back. I figure it's a pair that got loose somehow.

I'm standing there trying to sweet talk this bird outa the tree. Some guy comes up behind me and says, "Louie, come down and say hi to the nice sun conure!" Down comes Louie and there's the second U2 sitting on this guy's head. So it was just some eccentric with a couple of flighted U2s! So I got to meet some new friends. I was telling the guy that I contemplated free flighted parrots in the past, but I was always afraid of do-gooders like me nabbing my birds as my birds would go to strangers. He said his U2s generally didn't go to strangers, not that he ever trained them that way.

And for those of you worried about noisy birds in an apartment - he lives in a one bedroom with the two U2s, two B&Gs, and two Queen of Bavaria conures. He says, no, no one complains. His experience is people are just curious. There were a lot of people approaching us in curiosity while we were chatting holding our 2s and conure!
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

Umbrella Cockatoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Cockatoos   Umbrella Cockatoos EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm jealous, I want to achieve free-flight with my birds.......
At least his toos are happy, that's a rare find eh?
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

Umbrella Cockatoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Cockatoos   Umbrella Cockatoos EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:47 pm

I was half expecting a sad story.

Glad it wasn't!

I never see bird people out and about. Once I saw a man with a GCC, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Umbrella Cockatoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Cockatoos   Umbrella Cockatoos EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:49 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
At least his toos are happy, that's a rare find eh?

They were both still plucked naked in the chest. One of them had a small mutilation scab. What defines "happy"?
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

Umbrella Cockatoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Cockatoos   Umbrella Cockatoos EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:50 pm

Don't tell me that the guy was tall and skinny and toos soooo cute...
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Umbrella Cockatoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Cockatoos   Umbrella Cockatoos EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 11:53 pm

Margaret wrote:
Don't tell me that the guy was tall and skinny and toos soooo cute...

Yeah, he was tall and skinny. . . I don't get it. . . thinking
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

Umbrella Cockatoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Cockatoos   Umbrella Cockatoos EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:01 am

I saw the guy with cuuuuute toos on Birds Fair. When I saw toos on his both shoulders, I couldn't resist. We start talking, and he said that he keep them in apartment. So I asked about neighbors complains, and he told us, that his landl...(hard word to write) love his parrots. We didn't have much time, because we came there late, so it was a short conversation. Coincidence? thinking

That topic gave me some idea how to go to crazy parrot people with our forum. We need something like: cards or brochures or whatever printed about our forum. Every of us is going to shows, pet-stores, vets, etc. e only need to made it printed. If it would be a format of business card, I can carry that every day in my purse...
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

Umbrella Cockatoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Cockatoos   Umbrella Cockatoos EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:20 am

Margaret wrote:
That topic gave me some idea how to go to crazy parrot people with our forum. We need something like: cards or brochures or whatever printed about our forum. Every of us is going to shows, pet-stores, vets, etc. e only need to made it printed. If it would be a format of business card, I can carry that every day in my purse...

Cool idea, Margaret!! If you go to this page of vistaprint.com you can get 250 free business cards and just pay a few dollars to ship them. They'd be generic, but it's something to hand out and get people interested Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

Umbrella Cockatoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Cockatoos   Umbrella Cockatoos EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 2:55 pm

I loved that story. By any chance does this guy live in a seniors only complex? Maybe he's lucky and his immediate neighbors are hard of hearing! There's a 'too somewhere in our general neighborhood -- like a half mile away or so -- and we occasionally hear it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Umbrella Cockatoos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Cockatoos   Umbrella Cockatoos Empty

Back to top Go down

Umbrella Cockatoos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Welcome :: Parrot Tales-
Jump to: