Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Couldn't Resist Him...

Go down 
+8
flappinhappy
GlassOnion
Margaret
zazanomore
moa
RogerP
atlanon
evil chicken
12 posters
AuthorMessage
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

I Couldn't Resist Him... Empty
PostSubject: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:19 am

This is Eric.

Eric was hatched on April 1, 2011; he's Sam's half-brother (same father); he's a whiteface mutation 'tiel, except for one white feather on the back of his head that makes him pied; and he is SUCH a sweetheart!

I Couldn't Resist Him... Eric310

My mom owns Sam & Eric's parents, so he's been around, but I've never mentioned him because he wasn't officially mine until today. What got me thinking of keeping him was when he came over as close as he could to me from inside his cage and put his head down to beg for preening. I couldn't resist. I opened the cage - against my better judgment - and took him out to pet him. I got stuck scratching and petting and preening him. And just like with Ducky, I went "Omygosh, SQUEE YOU ARE TOO CUUUUUTE!" Next thing you know my mom put him and another baby bird in my room in Sam and Ducky's cage for socialization. From there it was all downhill, because he was right there when I woke up, went to bed, wandered randomly through, etc. Always with the cute little 'tiel head-tilt and baby sounds. You must understand, neither Sam nor Ducky are cuddly. Sam's a look-don't-touch type (my fault for not keeping him cuddly Embarassed ) and Ducky's too hyper to sit still for snuggling, so I've spent the last two days (okay fine, the last week) gushing over the cuddly little 'tiel that moved in.

And then I named him.

And then I shared food with him.

And then my parents asked if I was keeping him (in a way that sounded an awful lot like what they'll say when I eventually have a boyfriend... Shocked RogerP )

So now, I have three birdies instead of two.

YAAAAYYYY!!!!

flappinhappy
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:21 am

OOoohhhwww what a cutie!!! Aren't the snuggly ones fun?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:26 am

Yes, they're the best! coldtrance

Don't take me wrong, I love Sam and Duck to bits, but when they're being adorable I can't just scritch them or put them in a death-grip hug because it annoys them to no end Laughing
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:37 am

Eric is adorable! I love the look of a whitefaced tiel! Congrats! yahoo
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:48 am

party clap SO cute!! Congrats on the new addition! I love cockatiels when they're friendly. All my friends have antisocial tiels so I've got none to love around here...
and are you sure eric is a boy? he looks like a girl to me. (but I'm apparently really bad at telling. I thought my lil pied tiel was a boy for years and now I'm starting to think my gcc isn't a girl.... scratch )
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:00 am

moa wrote:
party clap SO cute!! Congrats on the new addition! I love cockatiels when they're friendly. All my friends have antisocial tiels so I've got none to love around here...
and are you sure eric is a boy? he looks like a girl to me. (but I'm apparently really bad at telling. I thought my lil pied tiel was a boy for years and now I'm starting to think my gcc isn't a girl.... scratch )

They don't get the white face until they're older. I have a picture of Einstein before I got him, and his face looked exactly the same as Sam's.

This is a picture of Einstein when I first got him:

I Couldn't Resist Him... 4905531914_26ec032bb1

(Note the lipstick on his face from the breeder Laughing)

His face wasn't completely white yet.

Now look at him!

I'm so jealous, I wish my parents bred parrots, I'd have a new baby each week wee
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:04 am

RogerP wrote:
Eric is adorable! I love the look of a whitefaced tiel! Congrats! yahoo
Thanks!
moa wrote:
I was wondering about whether Eric was actually an Erica too. He seems pretty vocal, so that's why my mom and I think he's an Eric. Until s/he's about 6 months and goes through his/her first molt and looks like Einstein (or doesn't) we won't know for sure.
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:09 am

zazanomore wrote:
They don't get the white face until they're older. I have a picture of Einstein before I got him, and his face looked exactly the same as Sam's.
good to know! wow einstien really did turn out handsome Smile I was just thinking because of the barring on the tail. somebody once told me that females are usually the ones with that, anyone know if this is true?
zazanomore wrote:

I'm so jealous, I wish my parents bred parrots, I'd have a new baby each week wee
oh gosh. my thoughts exactly!
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:21 am

moa wrote:
zazanomore wrote:
good to know! wow einstien really did turn out handsome Smile I was just thinking because of the barring on the tail. somebody once told me that females are usually the ones with that, anyone know if this is true?
The baby whiteface 'tiels all have barring on their tails, but once they go through their first molt the males lose the barring and get brighter. Females look basically the same as adults as they did when they were babies. Some mutations, like pearls and whiteface-lutinos (solid white), have different or no markings that set the males and females apart.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:21 am

evil chicken wrote:
This is Eric.(...)
I'm so happy for you and for Eric! Congratulations flappinhappy We have more Tiels in Paradise!
Eric is totally the type to fall in love with wee

p.s. Guys Evil and Roz are you gonna surprise us with something every day? I start enjoying that Julsiebean
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:25 am

Margaret wrote:
p.s. Guys Evil and Roz are you gonna surprise us with something every day? I start enjoying that Julsiebean
HaHaHa The surprises are surprising to us too!
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:39 am

Soo cute!! I wish MY parents bred birds... Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:10 am

Eric is a very, very beautiful baby! Congrats! Smile
Back to top Go down
flappinhappy
Sun Conure
flappinhappy

My Birds : (R) denotes rescue birds
(R) Stacie, YN F
(R) Mickey, RL M
(R) Miss Kong, Panama F
(R) Binkie, YN F

Merlin, Gracie and Mercie my little Jack Yappers
44 chickens and 2 turkeys

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:00 pm

Congrats on your not so new baby I know just how snuggly they can be Hug2 I am going through the same thing with a little female white face lutino she is just adorable and getting harder to put into the breeder cage daily, but I will get past it with all of the hectic mess of transporting the Zons (I hope).
Back to top Go down
Jan
Parrotlet
Jan

My Birds : Sputnik - Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:09 pm

OMG Eric is sooo squishy and cute! I love baby birds. : ) Congrats on your new baby.
Back to top Go down
Jan
Parrotlet
Jan

My Birds : Sputnik - Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:10 pm

zazanomore wrote:

Now look at him!

Personally, I think the lipstick is a good look! Wink
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Eric is too cute! What a baby face!
Back to top Go down
coldtrance
Parrotlet
coldtrance

My Birds : Im lonely without my Sammy.
On the market for a new FID.

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 4:51 pm

Aww he's so adorable! Its making me want another tiel (and my conure haha)
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:58 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
Eric is a very, very beautiful baby! Congrats! Smile
flappinhappy wrote:
Congrats on your not so new baby I know just how snuggly they can be Hug2 I am going through the same thing with a little female white face lutino she is just adorable and getting harder to put into the breeder cage daily, but I will get past it with all of the hectic mess of transporting the Zons (I hope).
ScooterNScotty wrote:
Eric is too cute! What a baby face!
coldtrance wrote:
Aww he's so adorable! Its making me want another tiel (and my conure haha)
Thanks guys! Hug
Jan wrote:
OMG Eric is sooo squishy and cute! I love baby birds. : ) Congrats on your new baby.
Haha... "squishy"... that he is, I suppose!
Jan wrote:
zazanomore wrote:

Now look at him!

Personally, I think the lipstick is a good look! Wink
Yes, the lipstick definitely makes the look! Laughing
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:47 pm

Awwww, what a sweet baby!!! I have to admit, I'm just a little jealous. Wink

Have fun with little Eric!! You deserve it!
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:43 pm

Vicki5280 wrote:
Awwww, what a sweet baby!!! I have to admit, I'm just a little jealous. Wink

Have fun with little Eric!! You deserve it!
Very Happy Thanks Vicki!

He's fun for sure! I take him with me when I check up on you guys here in ParrotParadise and I can't type - he gets mad at me if I stop scritching him. (Takes both hands: one for him to stand on and the other to pet him.) Of course, a tame cockatiel being mad adds up to flapping a bit and making some not-very-loud vocalizations. He tries to throw a tantrum but ends up being adorable. Laughing
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:54 pm

evil chicken wrote:
He's fun for sure! I take him with me when I check up on you guys here in ParrotParadise and I can't type - he gets mad at me if I stop scritching him. (Takes both hands: one for him to stand on and the other to pet him.) Of course, a tame cockatiel being mad adds up to flapping a bit and making some not-very-loud vocalizations. He tries to throw a tantrum but ends up being adorable. Laughing
I have the same problem!! I try to type correctly with one hand and use the pinky from the hand that Yoshi's sitting on. He doesn't get mad, but it results in Nate laughing at me and Yoshi staring at my fingers and trying not to fall off because I keep knocking him off balance Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 12:00 am

LyzGrace wrote:
evil chicken wrote:
I have the same problem!! I try to type correctly with one hand and use the pinky from the hand that Yoshi's sitting on. He doesn't get mad, but it results in Nate laughing at me and Yoshi staring at my fingers and trying not to fall off because I keep knocking him off balance Razz
HaHaHa Eric still loses his balance easily too. When I pet him I usually hold him forward so he can put his beak against my face for stability, because if I try and pet him with anything but full attention I knock him over by accident.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Couldn't Resist Him...   I Couldn't Resist Him... Empty

Back to top Go down

I Couldn't Resist Him...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Welcome :: Parrot Tales-
Jump to: