Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

brag about your birds =)

Go down 
+4
kaeladedah
henpecked
Margaret
moa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

brag about your birds =) Empty
PostSubject: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Sometimes I can't help it, I need to gush. Please gush/brag about your birds as well! It's nice to focus on the good stuff.
lately rainbow has been the greatest. She lets me extend her wings, play with her feet and trim her toenails without a fuss. I can take the food she's snacking on and holding in her foot no matter how tasty and she'll just give me a look as if to say "are you gunna give that back or what?". She's always up for a head scratch or a quick training session and she's content to make a mess on her cage when she's not with me. The only problem behavior is screaming for attention but I was expecting worse (terrible twos, anyone?) but really she's just perfect most of the time. And she's even nice to strangers letting them scratch her head right away though I can't guarantee she won't nip them...
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Good for you, that she is so well mannered. Moa, how old is your Rainbow?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:47 pm

My little lovebirds are seriously the cutest things ever. I almost die of everything adorable and sugarcoated in this world when they perch on their hoop swing together and cuddle.brag about your birds =) 3508084831
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:31 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
My little lovebirds are seriously the cutest things ever. I almost die of everything adorable and sugarcoated in this world when they perch on their hoop swing together and cuddle.brag about your birds =) 3508084831
And you could tell us more about them. How they are together, how was the introduction and pictures, pictures, pictures. You know that we're all curious!
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:31 am

Can i brag too ?

brag about your birds =) Gotbugs001

Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:15 am

capt that picture is too great Roz what a beauty

rainbow is nearly three years old? I haven't really been keeping track (I'm a bad mommy when it comes to these things...)

Julsie, yes tell us more about your lovebirds!! Nothing cuter than a pair of birds cuddling I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:06 am

Aruba and Kokomo are SUPER together! I was told I didn't quite pass the quarantine guidelines, so I went ahead and put them together. Since Aruba is SO phobic and they had happily been singing their hearts out to each other, I put Sparrow in Juniper's old cage and moved Kokomo into Sparrow's old cage and put Aruba in with her. I held my breath and watched. They were both somewhere new and neutral. I was there to stop anything so I figured this was the best way to go. They took to each other instantly. Aruba went right to Kokomo and they started loving and preening. I was pretty shocked it went so well. Aruba had been with a cagemate but Kokomo hadn't since her last home or mine. Kokomo has tried a few times to "get busy" with her which is awkward for all of us cuz you know...they are both females. Aruba just looks at her like "I don't think so Scooter." Shocked

They are delightful though, really. Aruba seriously hates me poking around or getting too close- hence lack of pictures. She beelines away when I try to come over or sneak a peek. We all enjoy them though, the whole family loves hearing them. They are super melodic and very soothing to be around. They are adorable to watch. My husband even said "We should just get a big cage and have lots of lovebirds. I like them." Which was shocking, to say the least. Kokomo will still whistle with me and still sneeze/bob her head when I do. She is so happy with her new little sister!

Juniper has been doing the dirty quite a bit says my breeder, and since the male is proven she is hoping for eggs soon. Both of them are spending lots of time in the nest box and the male keeps chewing around the hole of the box and trying to feed her- fingers crossed!!

As for Sparrow, he is a nut! Is there anything better then a sweet, slightly spoiled little GCC?

Capt- that pic of Jake made me all gooey inside! What a beautiful lady!
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 9:10 am

henpecked wrote:
Can i brag too ?

I generally don't like Amazons, but that is really cute.
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:47 am

Haha aaww Jakeypoo looks like the pretty girls in movies that cover their face with a fan and flutter their eyes seductively. That's what I get from that photo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:02 pm

henpecked wrote:
Can i brag too ?

Is there anything that I should say watching that picture, that really express my feelings? Cuuuuuuuuuuute Very Happy

moa wrote:
(...)rainbow is nearly three years old? I haven't really been keeping track (I'm a bad mommy when it comes to these things...)
Me either and I don't think it's important for our fids Wink

Julsiebean wrote:
(...)She beelines away when I try to come over or sneak a peek. We all enjoy them though, the whole family loves hearing them. They are super melodic and very soothing to be around. They are adorable to watch. My husband even said "We should just get a big cage and have lots of lovebirds. I like them." Which was shocking, to say the least. Kokomo will still whistle with me and still sneeze/bob her head when I do. She is so happy with her new little sister!

Juniper has been doing the dirty quite a bit says my breeder, and since the male is proven she is hoping for eggs soon. Both of them are spending lots of time in the nest box and the male keeps chewing around the hole of the box and trying to feed her- fingers crossed!!

I'm glad that things work out for everybody and each bird. It's fun to watch happy birds going nuts together, and I'm glad for you husband. Use it, before he'll change his mind Wink
As for Juniper, if she enjoys that, good for her! And I hope she will bring you soon her baby boy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Juniper is VERY happy. I knew this is what she needed. I miss her terribly and wish she was here, but it is about what is best for her.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Jake is so beautiful.... Smile

Julie, do you think Juniper might become a completely different bird when you bring her home after the breeding season?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:48 pm

I'm not sure, she was already a very different bird. I am hoping she will at least not be so hostile.
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:34 pm

Oh, gosh, bragging about my birdies... Well if you insist...

Ducky is just the cutest thing, I can't even put into words! When we're in the car and he's out playing around, for some reason he bathes in my hair. He fluffs out his feathers and just dives in - it is SO cute!! He's a darling when it comes to people - anyone can hold him or pet him, and even when little kids poke him or try to grab he hasn't bitten anyone. Even if they make him scream ( Rolling Eyes some people). And also he's just the best conure ever for morning screaming. Meaning he doesn't unless they're out of food or he's contact calling the babies in another room, something of that nature.

Eric, sometimes he beats Ducky with the cute. He refuses to stay on their cage and playpen area in my room for hours, because he wants to find a human that will scritch him. And if I pick him up on my finger and don't scritch him he'll start yelling at me. Being a cockatiel, even his hissy fits are sooo cute. Every morning, if I haven't closed their cage door for some reason, Eric is sitting on the floor by my bed waiting for me to wake up and pet him. It makes it more difficult to clean up after him, but it's worth it.

Sam beeps like our phone, and makes slightly lower beeps like our microwave. And he squeaks like a squeaky toy. He'll talk to me if I pick him up and start making beeping sounds Very Happy I think he's teaching Eric to beep, too.

I'm not gonna say any of the bad things because that's not what this thread is about... Smile

Moa - You all with your gccs are seriously making me want one. You and Rainbow in particular now. At the very least I want to play with one.

Henpecked - Awaaww, Jake is adorable!

Julsie - Your lovies sound great together!! And Juniper sounds a lot happier where she is now.
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Julsiebean wrote:

As for Sparrow, he is a nut! Is there anything better then a sweet, slightly spoiled little GCC?

Whoa I missed something somewhere, obviously. For a minute there it was sounding like you gave Juniper away until I got to the end. When did the whole "breeder" thing take place?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Roger, about a week ago I set her up with my breeder. She is still mine, and will come home to me when she retires. I get one of her babies. She has been paired with a blue male (proven) and they are getting along VERY well, expecting eggs soon. Hoping for them, anyway. She was getting so broody that when my todder backed up against her cage she ripped hair out of his head and started stuffing in in the corner.affraid She needed to get laid, badly LOL!
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:32 am

Julsiebean wrote:
Roger, about a week ago I set her up with my breeder. She is still mine, and will come home to me when she retires. I get one of her babies. She has been paired with a blue male (proven) and they are getting along VERY well, expecting eggs soon. Hoping for them, anyway. She was getting so broody that when my todder backed up against her cage she ripped hair out of his head and started stuffing in in the corner.affraid She needed to get laid, badly LOL!

Thanks for bringing me up to speed Julsie! It's very cool that you get to have one of the babies (hoping a blue for you myself). Hopefully getting laid will help mellow her out brag about your birds =) 820986233 .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 8:47 am

^I've got my fingers crossed for a blue male too. Very Happy I hope she mellows out too and realizes marriage and kids aren't all it is cracked up to be and to enjoy the single life!brag about your birds =) 1384688674
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: brag about your birds =)   brag about your birds =) Empty

Back to top Go down

brag about your birds =)
Page 1 of 1