Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I got touched by a seal!!

Go down 
+5
dusty
crystalsbirdtoys
henpecked
zazanomore
patdbunny
9 posters
AuthorMessage
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

I got touched by a seal!! Empty
PostSubject: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:48 am

Really!

We went snorkeling today and a seal swam by me and touch me!

A little unnerving when you don't expect it and don't see it coming.

Was it trying to see if I have cream filling?
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 8:04 am

Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 8:19 am

Arr arr arr arrrrr!! tongue
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 8:47 am

No that was,,,,tag your it !!!
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:19 am

I would of died of happiness if that happened to me.

But I have a feeling that if it did happen to me, I would of been bitten.
Back to top Go down
crystalsbirdtoys
Senegal
crystalsbirdtoys

My Birds : African Grey - Merlin
Caique - Rosco
Cockatiel - Stryder

PostSubject: Re: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:43 am

That's super cool! And you didn't have to pay the astronomical $100+ they charge for you to swim with the sealife Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalsbirdtoys.com
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:43 am

now that is most awesome...a thrill of a lifetime...best i get is a lick by the cat....lol

dusty
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

PostSubject: Re: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:41 pm

Just saying hi I would suspect...and yes, Tag You're it!! They're so playful! You were in the water so you must be there to play with Smile

I like to wave at them...they wave back Smile
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:17 pm

I would have started screaming, thinking it's a shark!
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 4:54 pm

zazanomore wrote:
I would of died of happiness if that happened to me.

dusty wrote:
now that is most awesome...a thrill of a lifetime...best i get is a lick by the cat....lol

MandaDPanda wrote:
Just saying hi I would suspect...and yes, Tag You're it!! They're so playful! You were in the water so you must be there to play with Smile I like to wave at them...they wave back Smile

How fun! I'm with Zaza and Dusty, what a thrill that would have been! And it's likely Manda and Capt are right... they were wanting to play with you... you just couldn't swim fast enough... haha.

That's so cool though, the only time I've seen a seal is at Sea World. I may have seen one out in the wild at some point in my life... we've been on a lot of vacations... but it would probably have been the way most people see a deer while they're driving through Colorado:

Dad - Driving 75 miles per hour down the interstate suddenly shouts, "LOOK! There's a deer!"

Family - Looks in every direction, "WHERE!??!"

Dad - Points to the side of the road, in the general direction of 3,000 pine trees, "Over there! Behind those trees!"

Family - Still frantically looking in every direction, "WHICH trees!??!"

Dad - "THOSE trees! Over there! On the right! They're eating!" At this point, dad's head is swiveling back and forth between the deer they have already passed, to the mountainous, winding, interstate highway that is directly in front of him. As he realizes that his precious children may miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to see Bambi in his natural habitat, he rapidly decelerates from 75 mph to 40 mph as a result of stomping on the brakes (much to the dismay of the four cars driving 75 mph right behind him).

The kids, not expecting this sudden deceleration, are flung forward in their seatbelts and completely lose track of which of the 3000 pine trees they were previously scoping out in their search for Bambi and his mother, and instead turn their attention to saving what's left of their Firey-hot crunchy cheese crisps, miniature chocolate doughnuts, and their Hyper-caffinated soda disguised as a fruit drink in a can.

By this time, the family is past the point where they can see the deer. So dad, in his bid to win the "World's Greatest Dad" award, pulls onto the shoulder and proceeds to back-up 2000 feet so the kids can see Bambi nibbling on some grass. They get there, they kids say, "Awwww!," Mom snaps a couple of pictures (where the deer are so small you cant seem them in the prints), and Dad merges back onto the highway.

Thirty years later, what the kids remember about the trip is that that's the year mom threw up going through the tunnel in the mountain.

SO! If I've seen a seal, it was the year my mom threw up... I think.

Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 6:26 pm

vicki...too funny...you should write for a sitcom....lol

dusty
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:32 pm

Yeah, Vicki! You're hilarious!
Your dad's the guy in front of me that I'm cussin' at!

While it was a really neat experience, it's always a little alarming when the wildlife's that unafraid of humans.

Like in Yosemite, look out for the bears with the red tags in their ears - they're the aggressive ones. . . Now, who's the unlucky soul to have discovered that?
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

PostSubject: Re: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 8:39 pm

patdbunny wrote:
Yeah, Vicki! You're hilarious!
Your dad's the guy in front of me that I'm cussin' at!

While it was a really neat experience, it's always a little alarming when the wildlife's that unafraid of humans.

Like in Yosemite, look out for the bears with the red tags in their ears - they're the aggressive ones. . . Now, who's the unlucky soul to have discovered that?

I'm guessing...YOU! lol

You just attract all sorts of animals don't you...
Back to top Go down
flappinhappy
Sun Conure
flappinhappy

My Birds : (R) denotes rescue birds
(R) Stacie, YN F
(R) Mickey, RL M
(R) Miss Kong, Panama F
(R) Binkie, YN F

Merlin, Gracie and Mercie my little Jack Yappers
44 chickens and 2 turkeys

PostSubject: Re: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 9:14 pm

I have seen and swam with seals...while I will say all of that was great I think I just laughed harder and longer reading this thread than I did with the seals. OH, Vicki we need to check our papers I think we have the same parents.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Well. . . I did pop my head up out of the water, see the seal, and I barked at him. After barking is when he came over and swam near us.

I attract coyotes too. We were hiking at dusk once. The coyotes started howling and I howled back. They kept getting closer as I was howling back and forth with them. My husband smacked me and told to to shut up so we wouldn't get surrounded by them. We beelined it back to the car and left.
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

PostSubject: Re: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 2:21 pm

patdbunny wrote:
Well. . . I did pop my head up out of the water, see the seal, and I barked at him. After barking is when he came over and swam near us.

I attract coyotes too. We were hiking at dusk once. The coyotes started howling and I howled back. They kept getting closer as I was howling back and forth with them. My husband smacked me and told to to shut up so we wouldn't get surrounded by them. We beelined it back to the car and left.

Well, you asked him to come say hi! You can't ask and then expect him to be a rude seal. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got touched by a seal!!   I got touched by a seal!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I got touched by a seal!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Off Topic Posts :: Non-Parrot Discussions-
Jump to: