Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

And along came Fred *PHOTO*

Go down 
+5
patdbunny
GlassOnion
henpecked
moa
ScooterNScotty
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

And along came Fred *PHOTO* Empty
PostSubject: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:45 pm

It feels a little too soon to me, but Bill was ready and Nikki was lonely and to make a long story short there is a 2 1/2 year old grey and white cat named Fred (yes its a female and yes this is the name she came with, but it is subject to change) in our spare room. She's a rescue, and I think she's going to need some vet attention, but she is the sweetest mellowest cat I've ever met. We'll take her in for a checkup tomorrow -- she's definitely got ear mites or something like that going on -- but assuming there's nothing serious amiss she's going to join our household. I still miss Ariel something fierce, but she's such a different cat, it doesn't feel like we are trying to replace him or anything. And she needed a home something awful, she climbed out of the carrier looked around the clean room and began purring.

Last edited by ScooterNScotty on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:00 pm

aww, I'm glad you could give her a home I love you pictures? gotta love a kittie's purr to make you feel loved...
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:40 pm

Yes ,pictures please
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:45 pm

Congratulations!
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:33 am

Welcome Fred!
Love the name!

I think this is going to be a great addition!
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:54 am

Congrats! I love the name Fred! We have had to do something similar in the past, adopting another cat due to the health (mental and physical) of our existing animals, so good for you!

Question: You mentioned that Fred is a rescue animal. Do the rescues in Cali not treat the animals or provide vet visits? The rescues here all provide all the animal's treatment and ensure good health prior to adoption, and the local SPCA even provides one free vet visit, and has you identify which participating clinic you will attend, then contacts the clinic to follow up to ensure you take the animal in for the final check up. Does this not happen for you there?
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:16 am

RogerP wrote:
Congrats! I love the name Fred! We have had to do something similar in the past, adopting another cat due to the health (mental and physical) of our existing animals, so good for you!

Question: You mentioned that Fred is a rescue animal. Do the rescues in Cali not treat the animals or provide vet visits? The rescues here all provide all the animal's treatment and ensure good health prior to adoption, and the local SPCA even provides one free vet visit, and has you identify which participating clinic you will attend, then contacts the clinic to follow up to ensure you take the animal in for the final check up. Does this not happen for you there?

If we use the vet of the rescue organization they will cover it. It think the person running this organization is overwhelmed. This kitty, who might not stay named Fred, is terribly sweet and already seems better from the Advantage-Multi treatment she was given when we took her. We'll have her to our vet tomorrow and see what she says. If there are serious issues the shelter will treat her at their vet at their expense. But we trust our vet so if the expenses aren't outrageous we'll see it through.

I just visited her and all she wanted to do was cuddle and purr. She makes me cry. I miss my rurr-rurr, but she so badly needs a home.
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 6:12 am

you are a good person for taking an adult rescue cat....most people would have got cute cuddly kitten...you heart is in the right place...love the name fred...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:17 am

I love the idea of a Fred the Cat. Her middle name can be N'Ethel Smile
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:56 pm

I don't know if she'll stay "Fred" or not. She's going to be high maintenance for a bit. I'll try to get a good pic later. Right now she's huddled under a dresser recovering from her exciting morning at the vet's. She has an upper respiratory and a seriously whopping ear mite infestation. They showed me the slide and even with a dose of Advantage Multi yesteday the thing was FILLED with very active, very ugly ear mites. She's scratched an ear bloody and her eyes are irritated as well, and she needs ear mite drops, oral antibiotic and antibiotic ointment in the eyes for about two weeks. She'll probably wind up hating me! Bill is bummed about the quarantine, but I think keeping her in for 10 days is preferable to having to treat the whole household... she wanted out at 4 this morning and started banging on the door. I want to keep her in at least until she's non-symptomatic though. She still seems very sweet, although she can definitely wiggle when she doesn't want something done!
Back to top Go down
crystalsbirdtoys
Senegal
crystalsbirdtoys

My Birds : African Grey - Merlin
Caique - Rosco
Cockatiel - Stryder

PostSubject: Re: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:48 pm

Sounds like Fred is a good one Smile

Husband chosen "Kitten" aka Saxifrage (I forget her name sometimes as we both call her Kitten after all these years) because of her sweet disposition. She was a shelter cat and just called out to Husband, so after a few visits he knew. Everyone we know who is a cat person (or even not) wants to steal her away...

Fred should settle down soon, and hopefully retain her sweet personality Smile Sometimes it's not your choice, but the furry & feathered ones just choose you and you can't say no!
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalsbirdtoys.com
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Here is the ear mite host! She looks pretty healthy considering she's a mess!And along came Fred *PHOTO* Fred
Back to top Go down
henpecked
Hyacinth Macaw
henpecked

My Birds : Jake hen YN (his)
Stacy hen YN (hers)
Kia male Panama
Kong hen Panama
Nitro male YN
Micky male Red Lored
Binkie hen YN
Many other Amazons

PostSubject: Re: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:13 pm

Hey Fred..er Fredrica...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:47 pm

Fred is a very pretty girl! I hope you keep her named Fred!
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:27 pm

she's gorgeous Smile I can't go into a shelter and not fall in love with the cats. I want to steal away at least one every time...
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:40 am

Aw! Welcome to Maybe-Not-Fred! I also like the name Fred, female or not.

Capt- LOL. Fredrica...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And along came Fred *PHOTO*   And along came Fred *PHOTO* Empty

Back to top Go down

And along came Fred *PHOTO*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Other Animals :: Household Pets-
Jump to: