Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

here we go again...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

here we go again... Empty
PostSubject: here we go again...   here we go again... EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 1:56 pm

Just been informed that my company will be closed due to new flooding tomorrow. Fine by me, it took me over 2 hrs to get to the office this morning. John left on the bus at 6am like I did and he didn't get to his office in NYC until almost 11. Its insane. This whole area is flooding, roads are closing and I swear they wait til the last minute to let us go and all the back roads are underwater.
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: here we go again...   here we go again... EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:53 pm

Too bad! More time at the shelter then? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

PostSubject: Re: here we go again...   here we go again... EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:55 pm

Unfortunately I also have a boss who doesn't want us to consider this a day off and is instructing us all to work from home and will be checking that we are all signed in to the company system....grrrr
Back to top Go down
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

PostSubject: Re: here we go again...   here we go again... EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Well, flooding subsided a bit and my office opened at 10am, so I am at work today. Last two weeks here have been crazy with weird hours and closings. You'd think there was an apocalypse or something, LOL

Blairstown flooded pretty badly and they evacuated part of the town. Out of 5 roads, there was only half of one left to use so it took me over 2 hrs to actually get home last night. A couple had reopened this morning, but the Delaware River still looks pretty angry...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: here we go again...   here we go again... Empty

Back to top Go down

here we go again...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Off Topic Posts :: Non-Parrot Discussions-
Jump to: