Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts Empty
PostSubject: Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts   Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Scotty has perfected the "sound of something dropping". It sounds exactly like a plastic toy piece dropped onto a hard floor from some height, there is a sharp impact sound followed by a rattle as it wobbles around and eventually settles.

This morning he was in his cage, violently attacking one of his toys, one that happens not to have any noisemakers on it. He would go at the toy, squawking loudly at it, then pause, look at me, and make "the sound of something dropping".
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts   Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Nifty! I know the sound!! Yoshi still doesn't imitate anything perfectly, but he's gotten much more vocal and has pretty expressive and human-sounding gibberish. Hopefully I'll be able to report something noteworthy eventually Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts   Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:57 pm

Their vocalizations are absolutely amazing.

If you guys can get a copy of "Life of Birds" narrated by David Attenborough, there's a jungle bird (lyre bird or some sort of bird of paradise, I think) that mimics chainsaws!

This morning I discovered one of our wild starlings mimics coyotes howling in the distance and I think it's mimicking my husband - "sit, sit, sit" (we have dogs, can you tell?).
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts   Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 3:26 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
Scotty has perfected the "sound of something dropping". It sounds exactly like a plastic toy piece dropped onto a hard floor from some height, there is a sharp impact sound followed by a rattle as it wobbles around and eventually settles.

This morning he was in his cage, violently attacking one of his toys, one that happens not to have any noisemakers on it. He would go at the toy, squawking loudly at it, then pause, look at me, and make "the sound of something dropping".

Too Funny! It's amazing what they pick up!
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts   Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 4:10 pm

LOL! I've caught Bucky saying, "GO! AWAY!" In a VERY stern voice... It's what my hubs says to the dogs, every day when he comes home from work! (pretty sad, huh?)

Most of the time Buck says sweet things. I'm going to miss having him to listen to! Jules, you're going to enjoy him!

"Come here!"
"Come On!"
"Good Boy!"
"step up!" (Which actually means, "Step OFF!")
"Little Man"
"Gimme Kisses?!" kiss kiss kiss!

I've got a LONG list of the things I've heard him say, but these are the things I hear him say regularly. These, and he whistles the "foxy" whistle, the "look here" whistle, and is learning the Colonel Bogey March (Bridge Over the River Kwai), and Boomer Sooner! (OU fans, can you tell?!)
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

PostSubject: Re: Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts   Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Wait Wait! What did I miss? Bucky is leaving you and going to Julie? Details please!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts   Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Yeah, a while ago we worked out Buckman coming to stay with me. Bucky is illegal where Vic#s is, and we all want Bucky's welfare to be #1. It has been in the works for quite a while Smile Quakers are my I love you .
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

PostSubject: Re: Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts   Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 12:28 am

Okay, that makes sense. Though it seems silly to me to ban them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts   Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts Empty

Back to top Go down

Another amusing Scotty vocalization of sorts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Parrot Paradise Forum :: Welcome :: Parrot Tales-
Jump to: