Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

India - Illegal to keep birds caged

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

India - Illegal to keep birds caged Empty
PostSubject: India - Illegal to keep birds caged   India - Illegal to keep birds caged EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:23 pm

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-12-05/chandigarh/30477278_1_exotic-birds-pet-birds-cages

From my understanding, various birds were confiscated and released into the "wild". But I don't think they were transported to their native habitats and released.

So how would y'all feel of your birds were taken and set free? I've done some experimenting with a free flying flock of homing pigeons and despite successfully breeding pretty much my whole flock of about 20+ were eaten in one spring by a breeding pair of hawks. I, for one, don't think my birds would survive if just set loose.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: India - Illegal to keep birds caged   India - Illegal to keep birds caged EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:41 pm

I can't find the exploding head emoticon. This is a good example of where animal rights and animal welfare come into opposition. What if the birds were clipped? This is basically killing them for their own good. (Sort of like this story in the Onion)

Even if you really believe this, wouldn't it make more sense to render the ongoing sale illegal and grandfather in the currently kept birds?

I'm not into litigation, but if someone came and did that to my birds, I'd be doing everything legally in my power to protest.
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: India - Illegal to keep birds caged   India - Illegal to keep birds caged EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 10:20 pm

^What she said. Only I don't have much money for legal stuff so I'd probably hide my birds in the chimney or something.
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: India - Illegal to keep birds caged   India - Illegal to keep birds caged EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 11:14 pm

Um wtf?! Enough people keep Alexandrines in tiny round cages, which is illegal... and now they're 'freeing' them all? Those poor birds's muscles surely atrophied and they won't last long against predators or nature's elements.. Sad *shake head*
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: India - Illegal to keep birds caged   India - Illegal to keep birds caged EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 3:50 am

Blood was boiling reading that article.

Sure, let's take and leave our dogs in forests, it's cruel to keep them on leashes. What the insane argument. All the domesticated pets(including birds) have close to zero chances to survive in the wild Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: India - Illegal to keep birds caged   India - Illegal to keep birds caged Empty

Back to top Go down

India - Illegal to keep birds caged
Page 1 of 1