Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's chat about the Neophemas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Polytelismedia
Budgerigar
Polytelismedia

My Birds : All in the wild

Let's chat about the Neophemas Empty
PostSubject: Let's chat about the Neophemas   Let's chat about the Neophemas EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:43 am

Margaret's post prompted me to mention how much I love the Neophema parrots. I thought it would be fun to have a thread to talk about them.

When one of my Aussie mates questioned me about videoing all of the Neophema parrots (there are 6 of them) I didnt know whether I would encounter all of them. Some of them live in very remote habitat. But I refused to leave Australia without trying at least.

The one that would be the most difficult I was told was the Scarlet-chested Parrot. This is one little parrot that lives in remote desert and is not easy to see. But I lucked out in South Australia. It was so hot! 47 Deg C or about 117 deg F. But I went out and tried to find them anyway. My persistence paid off and I found at least 2 little males trying to go about their lives and survive the desert heat!

Let's chat about the Neophemas Southaustraliascpsforum

The only thing this beautiful little parrot could do to escape the heat was dig down and bury in the sand where it was a few degrees cooler

Let's chat about the Neophemas Southaustraliascpsand2f

Back to top Go down
http://polytelismedia.wordpress.com/2009/02/
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Let's chat about the Neophemas   Let's chat about the Neophemas EmptySat May 28, 2011 3:21 am

Don, you're killing me Wink
Since I watched your DVD, I goggled everything possible about Scarlet-Chested, and yes, that's probably going to be my next baby! Probably- because you never know with those beauties, but I'll have to have one in the future!

Only male have such a unique color, so I know I want a male SC wee
I was watching them on a bird-fair, but they wasn't sexed, so I backed up. I'm looking for a good breeder to find what I want this time.

I was also tempted by another of Neophema species: Turquoisine Parrot. To tell you the truth, the one I saw in that show, was cuter, than the one from nature. Only one thing, they wasn't hand-fed...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's chat about the Neophemas   Let's chat about the Neophemas EmptySat May 28, 2011 9:57 am

What beautiful little birds! Australian parrots are so interesting!
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Let's chat about the Neophemas   Let's chat about the Neophemas EmptySat May 28, 2011 10:56 am

They make my heart melt!
Back to top Go down
Polytelismedia
Budgerigar
Polytelismedia

My Birds : All in the wild

PostSubject: I wasnt sure if folks here had chance to look at more neophemas   Let's chat about the Neophemas EmptySat May 28, 2011 2:28 pm

I wasnt sure if folks had a chance to look at more neophemas on my blog but in case you didnt and wanted to know more about the adventure of filming them you can have a look here. Just scroll through the pages according to date on the side bar of the blog. Hope folks enjoy it!

http://polytelismedia.wordpress.com/

Don

Back to top Go down
http://polytelismedia.wordpress.com/2009/02/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's chat about the Neophemas   Let's chat about the Neophemas Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's chat about the Neophemas
Page 1 of 1