Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A new Eclectus

Go down 
+9
coldtrance
GlassOnion
evil chicken
Margaret
MandaDPanda
henpecked
kaeladedah
atlanon
patdbunny
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

A new Eclectus  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Eclectus    A new Eclectus  - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:03 pm

patdbunny wrote:
Ekkie's aren't that "loud", but the tonal quality of their screams really bother me. My teeth rattle when they go off. I am so grateful they don't go off constantly. Might just be me. You really need to listen to them and see if it bothers you.

TAGs mimic stuff. Greys can learn annoying noises that grate on the nerves. Other than the growl, I'm not really too sure what are natural grey noises.
It is reeeaally irritating. It's been a while since I've been around any other birds screaming, so I can't be too much of a comparison, but if Yoshi's especially hungry and sees me getting his dinner ready he's... yeah, teeth-rattling may be the best way to put it, haha.

And my only experience with greys is a Congo, but like Roz said, he's not a screamer, just an imitator. Lots of beeps and whistles and buzzs and coughing and calling the dogs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

A new Eclectus  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new Eclectus    A new Eclectus  - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:09 pm

LyzGrace wrote:
if Yoshi's especially hungry and sees me getting his dinner ready he's... yeah, teeth-rattling may be the best way to put it, haha.
Yeah!! I'm hearing A LOT of people saying the ekkie noise really bothers them, but you never see that in any of the info on them! I swear, mine go off and the whole family jumps.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/

A new Eclectus
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3