Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Im Building an aviary.

Go down 
+4
patdbunny
henpecked
kaeladedah
Tim west
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tim west
Budgerigar

My Birds : Bill, Yellow Crowned Amazon
9 Lovebirds

Im Building an aviary. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im Building an aviary.   Im Building an aviary. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Hi Patdbunny, temps here last year got into the minus's, but only for a few days. Think i will just cover it up if that happens or strong winds are forecast , although it is well shetered where they are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.turfsales.co.uk
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

Im Building an aviary. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Im Building an aviary.   Im Building an aviary. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:55 pm

Tim west wrote:
Hi Patdbunny, temps here last year got into the minus's, but only for a few days. Think i will just cover it up if that happens or strong winds are forecast , although it is well shetered where they are.

Daytime temps have to go back up over freezing or you have to supply supplemental heat. An infrared heatlamp clamped to a corner above some perches works nicely too. Protect the birds from the lamp and cord by encasing those in a wire basket.

If it stays freezing for several days you have to watch out for toes freezing off from clinging to the frozen cage wire.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/

Im Building an aviary.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2