Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please help A Helping Wing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

Please help A Helping Wing Empty
PostSubject: Please help A Helping Wing   Please help A Helping Wing EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:05 pm

As many of you know, Bryan and I volunteer at A Helping Wing Parrot Rescue, which is run by Jeanne and John Gilligan. For the past several years they’ve run the rescue out of their home and have cared for and maintained 170+ various birds, rehabbing and re-homing where possible.

On June 6th, they became the proud owners of a 25 acre estate in Blairstown NJ, where they will finally have the ability to keep the surrendered birds in outbuildings and offer them the space that they so desperately needed. The property wasn’t cheap by any means and the outbuildings are in need of repair. They are currently gutting and rebuilding the main garage and setting it up as the main bird building for the rescue so that they can quickly move the birds in, clean out their current home and get it on the market so they don’t have to carry 2 mortgages as they are now.

Bryan and I were offered the use of the cottage on the property and have already moved in and love the area. Once the rescue moves in, we’ll be at hand more readily to help where needed and participation in a recent town fair has garnered us a lot of attention and offers for new volunteers, so hopefully that will pan out.

With that said, Kaylayuh has offered to feature the rescue, for which I am utterly grateful. John and Jeanne are such amazing people and what they are doing is a wonderful thing for the birds, but I know they are now strapped for money and trying to stay afloat while rebuilding the bird buildings and trying to get out of their old house. Food, equipment, medical bills and other expenses for the birds are covered through donations, adoption fees and more or less out of John and Jeanne’s pocket, so I’m asking that you donate where you can. If you can’t donate money, we’ll accept toys, equipment, whatever you feel you are able to offer. All donations are tax dedcutable as they are a 501(c)3 organization. If you have nothing, just your patronage would be most welcomed.

Info about the rescue can be found at www.ahelpingwing.org. Thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Please help A Helping Wing   Please help A Helping Wing EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:20 pm

It's incredible the extent A Helping Wing goes through to help parrots Smile
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Please help A Helping Wing   Please help A Helping Wing EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:33 pm

I'm not saying no, but not at that particular moment(month), but after I'll have my own customers why not.
What can I do right now is add link to some pages on my website, I'll update it maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Why don't you add a link or little banner/button of a Helping Wing here? I bet nobody will say nothing against that Very Happy

Plus, some rescue places have on their websites page with a list of another websites linking to them. It's kind like motivation, and both way linking make it "better" for Google. Don't take me wrong,I bet you know all of that, it's only my suggestion for you guys Wink
Back to top Go down
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

PostSubject: Re: Please help A Helping Wing   Please help A Helping Wing EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Once the rescue physically moves, hopefully by the end of August, the website will get refurbished with all the new info and links. Just right now, for legal reasons, it has to stay with the NY info until everything is moved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please help A Helping Wing   Please help A Helping Wing Empty

Back to top Go down

Please help A Helping Wing
Page 1 of 1