Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..

Go down 
+13
coldtrance
VickiNumbers
Nevermore
evil chicken
RogerP
moa
zazanomore
Vikki
MandaDPanda
Margaret
patdbunny
kaeladedah
GlassOnion
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. Empty
PostSubject: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:10 pm

What did you want to be when you grow up VS what did you become?
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:14 pm

When I was really little, I wanted to be Johnny Cochran. I loved him. I watched the whole OJ Simpson trial. When I got to high school, I changed my mind and wanted to be a geneticist focusing on curing diseases.

I'm currently unemployed, so I guess I'm nothing now. But hopefully, I'll finish school eventually.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:17 pm

i should have been something in the animal profession like zoo keeper or vet. But I had personal struggles with my parents so I went into the legal field as it's more "respectable". I'm a dumb *ss.

I encourage my kid to do what she wants without worrying about us parents and what we'll think.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:18 pm

When I was little I wanted to be an English teacher.

Then I had kids.

Now I am in paralegal school hoping to go to pre-law.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:35 pm

I wanted to be a vet and have a family and kids.

The first part wasn't possible, because of my health conditions- I'm Thy Cancer Survivor!
The second part, well I'm happy divorced person having very good and understanding boyfriend and mucho feathered kids, I plan to have more in the future Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:43 pm

I wanted to be a vet when I was little, then I wanted to be a marine biologist. Then I wanted to go into hotel management or become a lawyer, maybe a criminologist, all the while wanting to be a film score composer. I'm 7 months away from graduating and then I hope to become a special effects editor or a music editor/supervisor for film. Of course, I want to be involved with birds as much as I can outside of work.
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:01 pm

I wanted to be a famous singer. Then a marine biologist. By the end of high school I thought I wanted to be a high school music teacher. I have a music degree and everything! I wanted to be married and start having kids by 23...

I'm currently an office manager with a real estate firm that has a different model than most. Not too bad Smile

I've been married once before the current hubby. It ended in annulment. Been married nearly a year to my wonderful man and I'll be..*gasp* 27 this November. No human babies yet. Though I have an adorable 6 year old fat cat, my sweetie Aries, and a 2 year old Min Pin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:03 pm

I wanted to be a marine biologist for yeeeears. I also planned on being a music therapist but dropped out of college pregnant. Woo.
Back to top Go down
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:15 pm

OMG Margaret, I am a thy cancer survivor too! Maybe its part of Polish genetics, LOL.
I wanted to be a farm vet, an architect and a writer. I ended up as a tech geek and a buyer but I did manage the writer part too Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Vikki wrote:
OMG Margaret, I am a thy cancer survivor too! Maybe its part of Polish genetics, LOL.(...)
Shocked What a coincidence!!!

Thyroid cancer will form in body after hudge dosage of radiation. I was in Poland when Chernobyl collapsed. From what I know in USA people from Arizona and one other state which I forgot are more likely to have it. The best thing it grows slow...
Back to top Go down
Vikki
Scarlet Macaw
Vikki

My Birds : Sebastian - 7 yr old Harlequin Macaw
Arthur - 12 yr old Jardines Parrot
Pickle - 16 yr old Hahn's Macaw
Ecko - 26 yr old Hahn's Macaw

Plus the 180+ various bird from finch to Hyacinth at the rescue where I volunteer and live...

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:28 pm

I grew up in Pa.... no radiation, just coal dust. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.voliveri.com
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Vikki wrote:
I grew up in Pa.... no radiation, just coal dust. Smile

Were you living near Three Mile Island?
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:55 pm

When I was little, I wanted to be a large animal vet. As many of you know, I grew up on a dairy farm. I love cows the way we love our birds.

Anyways, I always suffered from psychological problems (OCD, clinical depression, trichotillomania, and generalized anxiety disorder). I guess speaking to so many doctors and therapists, I started to get interested in the field.

I'm taking a gap year, and me and my step dad opened a chip stand. I've been working full time, so when September hits, I can move 16 hours away to Northern Ontario to go to University to study psychology.

With psychology, I plan to become a therapist. I want to be the person that I never got to talk to. My dream is to have a therapy farm, healing through animals.

As for the husband and kids...I'd love to have them some day. I want a big family, with lots of kids and lots of animals.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:03 pm

zazanomore wrote:
With psychology, I plan to become a therapist. I want to be the person that I never got to talk to. My dream is to have a therapy farm, healing through animals.

If distance is not a issue, I will be your first patient!
Zaza, Chico misses Einstein Picture on avatar... She may like him a lot Wink
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Margaret wrote:
zazanomore wrote:

If distance is not a issue, I will be your first patient!
Zaza, Chico misses Einstein Picture on avatar... She may like him a lot Wink

There you go Smile
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:19 pm

Chico is happy now Very Happy
It's always better with avatar, less hmm. anonymous.
Back to top Go down
moa
Sun Conure
moa

My Birds : Rainbow and the unnamed gcc

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 9:58 pm

I want to be a vet, zookeeper, or a writer so we'll see!
hey zaza, if you open up that therapy farm can I come work for you??
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:43 am

I know I'm dating myself and half you guys have no idea what I'm talking about, but does anybody remember the old Bob Newhart show where he was a therapist? That's what I wanted to be (I know, total goober).

It didn't work out exactly as I planned, but after completing training as a Social Worker, I got into Disability Management. I don't have the group therapy stuff I wanted, but I do get to work everyday with people that are off work for various physical and psychological reasons, to help them try to get back to work! Currently I work for an organization that assists people in the Education field: Teachers, Teacher's Aides, Librarians, Custodians, etc.

It's not exactly what I wanted, but close!
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyFri May 20, 2011 2:42 pm

When I was little I wanted to be an archaeologist, then I lost interest in bones and wanted to be a sociologist, and now I have no clue what I want to be. Maybe a state park ranger or writer. Peace Corps would be amazing; I think that's the only thing I'm dying to do someday.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyFri May 20, 2011 2:47 pm

evil chicken wrote:
Peace Corps would be amazing; I think that's the only thing I'm dying to do someday.

I wanted to do something similar to the Peace Corps called Amigos de las Americas. Both sound totally amazing.
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:02 pm

KayLayUh wrote:
evil chicken wrote:
Peace Corps would be amazing; I think that's the only thing I'm dying to do someday.

I wanted to do something similar to the Peace Corps called Amigos de las Americas. Both sound totally amazing.
That does sound cool! This is why I don't know what I want to do - too many things sound interesting.
Back to top Go down
Nevermore
Cockatiel

My Birds : Captain Jack Parrot: Green-cheeked Conure

Cheeky/Sir Cheeks - Cockatiel

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:49 pm

Hmmm...well I wanted to be a doctor. Then a cop. Then a marine biologist (a popular profession apparently), then a wildlife biologist, somewhere along the line I wanted to write, and be a physical anthropologist... then I decided; who gives a wee and decided not to aim for a profession, but to study whatever I liked and see where it got me. Went in for Environmental Studies, switched to Biology and Wildlife studies, ended up taking many weird and wacky but fun things along the line....now I work for a mining exploration company monitoring wildlife and such. Making sure we protect the environment as much as possible while extracting the minerals we still need.
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:30 am

Wow, what a fun "get to know ya" thread!
When I was young, I wanted to be a vet. I even started my Freshman year in college (the first time) with that goal in mind. BUT - when I found out that I had to take (and *PASS*!?!?) a class in Agronomy, I decided that Veterinary Medicine was not for me! Oh yeah, I also had to take (and PASS) College Algebra at the tender age of 18. That was years ago when the only math classes we had to take in High School were Algebra I and Geometry. I barely passed Algebra I in 9th grade. College Algebra was out of the question!

After I failed my first semester of (really expensive out of state) college (that my parents paid for) Embarassed, I ended up getting a job in the local hospital - where I met my husband to be. I married him, had two children in three years, survived a terribly emotionally abusive relationship, and left him when our second child was 10 days old. Blah blah blah, now I'm a nurse. I'd rather be a computer geek, teach personal safety classes, run a shooting range, or own an aviary. Or just be a mom. I can't make up my mind, but it doesn't matter - because I'm a nurse.

So there ya have it. Have you ever met a wannabe geek? LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
coldtrance
Parrotlet
coldtrance

My Birds : Im lonely without my Sammy.
On the market for a new FID.

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:27 pm

When I was little I wanted to be a vet. Then I discovered art and majored in art. Then photography. Then English, then Biology.... Now Im double majoring in Biology and American Sign Language (Im hard of hearing; fully deaf in my left ear after a horse back riding accident) and minoring in photography. My main goal is to open a wild life santuary for big cats and any other exotic animal that needs a home. As of right now Im working full time for the Wild Animal Park (Now the Safari Park) in San Diego as a securtiy guard (aka Fake Bacon). Im working my way through the company to get into keeping so I can apply my training to my future goals.
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:34 pm

Roger , I;m in your demographic, I totally get it!

You name it, if it was creative or scientific, at one point I wanted to do it. Veterinary medicine figured heavily for a while, then human medicine, then I thought I really didn't want a job that was all-immersing, I wanted a life, then I wanted to be a writer, then I went to college, then I declared as a major the course I was enjoying the most the semester we were required to declare, so I became a physicist. With a couple of degrees in that I worked for a year as an Infrared Engineer and then took a job with the title, I kid you not, of "Superfriend" doing user support for the Infrared Astronomical Satellite dataset. Decided to earn a license to practice Astronomy, now do science management. Am wishing I could go into parrot behavior studies now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next