Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..

Go down 
+13
coldtrance
VickiNumbers
Nevermore
evil chicken
RogerP
moa
zazanomore
Vikki
MandaDPanda
Margaret
patdbunny
kaeladedah
GlassOnion
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:36 pm

You might as well take another plunge! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

My Birds : • Budgies: Mango, Blueberry, Plum, Sunny
• Cockatiels: Chico, Mickey
• Linnies: Venus and Mars

• Amazon, who was with us: Lucky

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:45 pm

Hm, RogerP, I really, badly need you now. I lost my job today. I know I'll find something at the end of week, but it will be hard work again (probably back cleaning houses). How to learn to like it :don\'t underst
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

My Birds : Yoshi - SI Eclectus

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:55 pm

Oh, Margaret I'm so sorry!! I hope you find something soon and that it's a good fit for you. I'm sure you'll land on your feet! Just remember that wherever you end up working, your birdies are always waiting at home for you to make you feel better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/lyzgrace
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:06 pm

Oh, Margaret! Hug
I lost my job Thanksgiving weekend 2009. Been on funemployment since. More time for our babies. I know you'll figure something out. During this time I've learned there's enjoyment to be had other than the money.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 9:54 pm

Oh Margaret Hug2
I'm so sorry to hear that. Knowing you, you'll bounce back before too long though. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help!
Hug
Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 10:12 pm

Thanks, thanks, thanks!
Actually my boss called me already and... I'm going back to work tomorrow. I feel some kind of satisfaction that he can't find somebody else, even thou I can have a very big mouth :QueenMarg:
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 10:16 pm

Margaret wrote:
even thou I can have a very big mouth :QueenMarg:

Every self respecting eastern European woman does.
Back to top Go down
flappinhappy
Sun Conure
flappinhappy

My Birds : (R) denotes rescue birds
(R) Stacie, YN F
(R) Mickey, RL M
(R) Miss Kong, Panama F
(R) Binkie, YN F

Merlin, Gracie and Mercie my little Jack Yappers
44 chickens and 2 turkeys

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:32 pm

I just wanted to be anyone else anywhere else preferably in another time. The animals always had my heart, the more hurt the closer the bond.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:49 pm

I'm going to amend mine and say that if I didn't have birds, I'd be a storm chaser. I would kill to chase tornados, launch probes into/in front of them, the works. But birds can't be left alone for months at a time.
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:51 pm

I'm so sorry, that sucks! What kind of work did you do before you lost the job?

Edit: Wow the forum moves fast, great news on getting your job back. The top question still works though, what kind of work?
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:58 pm

KayLayUh wrote:
I'm going to amend mine and say that if I didn't have birds, I'd be a storm chaser. I would kill to chase tornados, launch probes into/in front of them, the works. But birds can't be left alone for months at a time.
Too terrifying for my tastes, would hate to get sucked in and sent to Oz, but cool.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:01 am

evil chicken wrote:
KayLayUh wrote:
Too terrifying for my tastes, would hate to get sucked in and sent to Oz, but cool.

Ever see that show Storm Chasers on the Discovery Channel? Reed Timmer is like, my reality tv show crush. I love him.

I'm the person who puts the birds away (in a closet, bath tub) when a storm comes and stand at the window to watch what's happening.
Back to top Go down
Margaret
Hyacinth Macaw
Margaret

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:19 am

RogerP wrote:
Edit: Wow the forum moves fast, great news on getting your job back. The top question still works though, what kind of work?
I'm working for Insurance Company, not my dream job, but considering everything I've been through it's okay (better than cleaning houses) Wink
Back to top Go down
zazanomore
Hyacinth Macaw
zazanomore

My Birds : Einstein - Cockatiel [3]
Charlie Bird - Cockatiel [15]
Clyde - Budgie [4]
Bonnie - Budgie [4]
Madoc - Budgie [1]

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 8:20 am

flappinhappy wrote:
I just wanted to be anyone else anywhere else preferably in another time. The animals always had my heart, the more hurt the closer the bond.

I feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
Jan
Parrotlet
Jan

My Birds : Sputnik - Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:30 pm

I wanted to be a cartoonist, and then a National Geographic photojournalist, and a vet (but I'm sooo not good with math & the sciences). And then I seemed to give up for a bit - I dropped out of high school and move to a nearby city to work. After a dose of that reality I went back to high school, and then went to Art school. I worked as a professional artist for a few years, and then went back to school to get an Education degree. Now I'm an Art and English teacher at a high school. Talk about karma coming around to kick me in the butt - I hated high school and yet I'm working in one.... Duh

Roger, now you've made me feel old, but I loved that show! Laughing
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 12:45 pm

Quote :
kick me in the butt - I hated high school and yet I'm working in one.... Duh
Laughing Oh, but Jan, I bet you are the MOST amazing high school teacher because you UNDERSTAND the suckage!
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
Jan
Parrotlet
Jan

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 1:06 pm

Roz, I don't know about that, but I appreciate you saying it! I needed to hear something like that today. : ) I am able to create rapport with a variety of students, especially the "non-academic" ones.
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 2:21 pm

When I was in highschool, I was doing the IB diploma (tedious, extra work grr) and when I finally converted back to the regular program halfway through gr.12, I realized what a pain it was to deal with un-motivated, careless classmates.. In IB, everyone is intelligent and dedicated to academics, so we all had thoughtful, insightful discussions in class with EVERYONE! I thoroughly respect teachers who have to deal with student BS all the time and still do an excellent teaching job regardless.
Back to top Go down
Jan
Parrotlet
Jan

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 2:24 pm

Hug for Anita! : )
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 2:29 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
When I was in highschool, I was doing the IB diploma (tedious, extra work grr) and when I finally converted back to the regular program halfway through gr.12, I realized what a pain it was to deal with un-motivated, careless classmates.. In IB, everyone is intelligent and dedicated to academics, so we all had thoughtful, insightful discussions in class with EVERYONE! I thoroughly respect teachers who have to deal with student BS all the time and still do an excellent teaching job regardless.

I totally agree with this. I've always taken AP English and science classes. My senior year, I had taken all the science courses I could at the high school, so I dual enrolled in the community college for a chemistry course. The following semester, I decided I'd do just regular anatomy and physiology in my hgih school instead of doing some other ridiculous elective. The kids were SO stupid. Really, they were lazy, unmotivated, thoughtless slugs that were just obnoxious to be around.

I couldn't deal with that. I have no patience for things like that. All of my science and English teachers were great (and I still see most of them around), but I swear they must be saints.
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 2:34 pm

I was homeschooled, so I can't related to being a HS student, but I took classes at a local university before I graduated and was aggravated by some of THOSE kids. Then, going back to a few school events of my brother's, I was never more grateful for not being in public school. Highschoolers STILL scare the crap out of me. Scared I like K-6ish. They're amazing!!
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 2:40 pm

What does it feel like to be home schooled?
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 2:49 pm

GlassOnion wrote:

I loved it, but it's not for everybody. My brother didn't like it and went back to public school. It worked for me because I was more active than he was, I was always either working at my trainer's barn, doing something with my youth group, working, doing something with music- I was even on my highschool's track team for two years. There are lots of homeschoolers who are being homeschooled because their parents are trying to shelter them, I'm not gonna deny that. Ya know, the whole won't-look-up-from-the-ground-when-they-talk-to-you dealios. That's not cool. It all depends on the reasons and methods. For me it was perfect. I could do my work wherever and whenever I wanted as long as it got done. And I graduated college two years before I normally would have. That was pretty sweet too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:33 pm

LyzGrace wrote:
GlassOnion wrote:

I loved it, but it's not for everybody. My brother didn't like it and went back to public school. It worked for me because I was more active than he was, I was always either working at my trainer's barn, doing something with my youth group, working, doing something with music- I was even on my highschool's track team for two years. There are lots of homeschoolers who are being homeschooled because their parents are trying to shelter them, I'm not gonna deny that. Ya know, the whole won't-look-up-from-the-ground-when-they-talk-to-you dealios. That's not cool. It all depends on the reasons and methods. For me it was perfect. I could do my work wherever and whenever I wanted as long as it got done. And I graduated college two years before I normally would have. That was pretty sweet too Very Happy
I'm being homeschooled too! Very Happy

It's definitely something that depends on both the student and the person who does the teaching; it's a fit for me personally because once I've covered the material and understand it I don't have a heap of busywork to do and can move on to the next lesson. But I've known kids who were "homeschooled", which seemed to mean run amok and not even learn how to read - I really don't get that. It's still school, and you've still gotta learn.
Back to top Go down
atlanon
Amazon
atlanon

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 25, 2011 3:59 pm

evil chicken wrote:
But I've known kids who were "homeschooled", which seemed to mean run amok and not even learn how to read - I really don't get that. It's still school, and you've still gotta learn.

Haha yeah, there are homeschool families who don't do anything and there are homeschool families who have genius children that shutdown in public because they were raised under a rock. We get a bad rap sometimes. Again, not for everybody. If you have people keeping you accountable, though, you become really independent really quickly. And I don't know about CA, but in PA you have to do standardized testing at public schools every few years and if you don't pass they make you go to school. I'm not up-to-date on which states are good and bad with regulations... some states don't require anything. I once saw a documentary where parents had this unbelievably "hands off" independence method of parenting where they never told their kids what to do, never made them go to school or learn anything they didn't want to learn... they were letting 4 year olds have donuts for breakfast and there were 12 year olds who said they would learn to read "someday" but didn't feel like it yet Shocked . That's a whole other conversation though Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..   Now that it's established we're pretty intimate.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Now that it's established we're pretty intimate..
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next