Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now that I'm in the mood...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

My Birds : Aries - Sun Conure Smile

Now that I'm in the mood... Empty
PostSubject: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:57 pm

So..you guys have no idea what you started this morning.

Talked to the hubby and he's down for another bird, actually...he wants to start a flock ( Exclamation )

So, I got on youtube to show him what some of the birds looked like. Now I can't decide!!!

Gah! I want a lot of different birds...though I'm not sure if they're compatible with Aries. *sigh* Do you seeeeee the mess you've gotten me in? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:03 pm

Ahhhh new fids!! When I had a jenday, my tiels and him were fab together. He lives with his forever mommy now, and spends all day upside down pretending to be a bat with her Sun.

I love having a cockatiel around, they fill your home with SO much love and spirit.

My lovebird is super fun, she is a sassy little thing though. She is a riot!

I can't imagine life without my Quaker, she is a Queen. She and my lovebird don't seem to jive so well though.

I can't wait to bring home a GCC, conures are my favorite.

What are you thinking about? Once I bring home my GCC I will have my dream flock, minus the African Grey. My kiddos need to be a little older before I take on one of those.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

My Birds : Cheney Bird, Green Cheek Conure
Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:03 pm

I feel the same way. I'm trying and trying and trying not to call the lovebird breeder, but I have a cage set up already and I really, really want one.
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:10 pm

'Tiel and GCC are at the top of the list. I'd love another Sun Very Happy

I've wanted an IRN for a while Wink Why not all three?

Goodness. I can't have a Quaker because I'm in Ca Sad
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Cockatiel is in today's newspaper. It's not the mutation I want.. but close. Thinking about it.. scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Kayayuh- You know you want a lovebird, you know you need a lovebird, we all you your gonna get one...so put us out of our misery and jump in the baby waters!!

Manda, I know nothing about ringnecks other then I am obsessed with one of the videos on youtube with two of them kissing each other's necks and checking out a cell phone. There is an albino/lutino 3 year old female at the bird store I go to and she is beautiful. Very noble. I'm scared of her though.
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
Kayayuh- You know you want a lovebird, you know you need a lovebird, we all you your gonna get one...so put us out of our misery and jump in the baby waters!!

I decided on the cockatiel before the lovebird. So... god. Birds are like crack. So addicting.
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:17 pm

The suns are really nice and social. They get along pretty much with anything - no worries. Ducky tried to attack my IRN Xavier initially, but a few minutes of putting my hand in front of him to stop the attacking and he's fine now. You have to worry more about the second bird being of a temperament that will get along with the sun. IRN's aren't known for playing well with others. But I believe even if they don't all love each other, you can have a mixed flock wherein everyone understands they're not allowed to go hurt someone they don't like.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:17 pm

Seriously...get the LOVEBIRD!! Do EEEEEEEET! Smile

I'm one to talk right?

I love the way IRN look! They're so pretty and they seem affectionate and so silly Smile Have you seen the one that runs up to a cockatiel and says "gimme a kiss" then leans in for one? LOL to DIE for. So, I need both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Why can't you get two cockatiels, one for now, one the mutation you want. Just sayin'. Teehee.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:18 pm

No I haven't!!! That sounds totally squeeee worthy.
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:20 pm

patdbunny wrote:
The suns are really nice and social. They get along pretty much with anything - no worries. Ducky tried to attack my IRN Xavier initially, but a few minutes of putting my hand in front of him to stop the attacking and he's fine now. You have to worry more about the second bird being of a temperament that will get along with the sun. IRN's aren't known for playing well with others. But I believe even if they don't all love each other, you can have a mixed flock wherein everyone understands they're not allowed to go hurt someone they don't like.

Do you think socializing correctly and a lot will help that kind of thing? Aries likes people in general, he'll go to just about anyone I hand him off to (maybe because he trusts that I won't let him get hurt?)
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:21 pm

Julsiebean wrote:
Why can't you get two cockatiels, one for now, one the mutation you want. Just sayin'. Teehee.

and THIS kaylayuh Wink And a lovebird in between! Smile
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:26 pm

MandaDPanda wrote:

and THIS kaylayuh Wink And a lovebird in between! Smile

I have a studio apartment. I'm going to have to trade in my bed for bird cages!
Back to top Go down
patdbunny
Hyacinth Macaw
patdbunny

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyThu May 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Quote :
Do you think socializing correctly and a lot will help that kind of thing?

Do you mean Aries or the new bird(s)? I definitely am big on a lot of socializing. Yes, would help these things. However, birds are so much like humans in their preferences so you can't assume they'll be BFFs. I'm happy so long as no one makes to go hurt another. That rule is there. Any further relationship they develop with each other is just cream to me.
Back to top Go down
http://staringatbirdsandgoats.blogspot.com/
Perch
Budgerigar
Perch

My Birds : Pickle the spoiled, Ecco the sweet, Merlyn the big, Arthur the brat, and Sebastian the loud

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:06 pm

Just remember not all birds want other birds around. pickle my hahns macaw wants nothing to do with other birds to the point of attack and i have tried. So he is my little buddy and no one elses. On the other hand some birds fall in love with new flock mates and want nothing to do with people. This is the two extremes but just as a reminder they are both possible.
Back to top Go down
MandaDPanda
Indian Ringneck
MandaDPanda

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 10:10 pm

Oh yeah. That's kind of been the issue I've wrestled with. I've wanted more birds...and the hubby wants more pretty bad.

Now to find a good match Smile
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Kaela, forget the tiels and the lovebirds. Just bite the bullet and go for a hyacinth macaw. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kaeladedah
Hyacinth Macaw
kaeladedah

Pigpen, Lutino Budgie
Nava, Lutino Lovebird
Oliver, Indian Ring Neck

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:11 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
Kaela, forget the tiels and the lovebirds. Just go for a greenwing macaw. You'll be soooo satisfied Twisted Evil RIGHT?

Technically I'm only supposed to have one bird in my apartment...

But if I could fit a Macaw cage in my apartment, I'd probably get a Military Macaw. And then pretend it just showed up out of no where when someone needs to do maintenance. Laughing
Back to top Go down
GlassOnion
Hyacinth Macaw
GlassOnion

My Birds : Cockatiel, Budgerigar

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Damn! You replied before my edit, now I look like a fool.
I love the coloring of militaries, so many subtle shades in their feathers that you can't see in photos. However, they are known for being the nippier of the macaws. The one I met had such a spicy personality, now that I think about it, what a character he was!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now that I'm in the mood...   Now that I'm in the mood... Empty

Back to top Go down

Now that I'm in the mood...
Page 1 of 1