Parrot Paradise Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts......

Go down 
+7
ScooterNScotty
Vikki
idlepirate
dusty
patdbunny
kaeladedah
RogerP
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts......   Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 12:49 am

Okay we finally reached the last stage of success, the shirt dive! Now I know he has truly decided to stop pouting and move on. He still goes off on his own (which I want him to do), but he comes back when I call him, though it takes a little longer. He is no longer as skittish as he was before, and definitely not as uppity. All in all, success (from my perspective, anyway)!! Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 2154879677

By the way, we went to the greenhouse today and actually did buy a new shrubbery !!! Now I don't have to cut down that damn tree with a herring! Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 820986233
Back to top Go down
ScooterNScotty
Hyacinth Macaw
ScooterNScotty

My Birds : Scooter
* "Normal" male Green-cheeked Conure
* (hatched 3/2010)

Scotty
*male Cape Parrot
*(HD unk ~2008)

Blanco (Caballo Blanco)
*Whitefaced male cockatiel
*(HD unk, found 4/2012)

PostSubject: Re: Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts......   Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:05 am

Yay!
Back to top Go down
dusty
Scarlet Macaw
dusty

My Birds : congo african grey (coco)
blue fronted amazons (willie and vasgo)
sun conure (simon)
greencheeked conure (jack)
senegal (walter)
senegal (crockett)
goffin cockatoo (sammy)
moluccan cockatoo (mango)
severe macaw (cody)
quaker (yoshi)

PostSubject: Re: Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts......   Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:37 am

way to go roger...i love a happy ending...lol

dusty
Back to top Go down
VickiNumbers
Hyacinth Macaw
VickiNumbers

My Birds : Allie ~ Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
Mickey ~ Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Sam ~ Blue Front Amazon
Caesar ~ Bronze Wing Pionus (actually my HUSBAND's bird *grin*)
Mack ~ Lutino Cockatiel
Forté and Duncan ~ Budgerigars

PostSubject: Re: Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts......   Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 3:02 pm

ScooterNScotty wrote:
I think it might not be a bad move to set up with treats to reward him for coming out to you, but don't project your guilty feelings when you are interacting, try to project a sense of loving concern... sounds silly, but we do telegraph our feelings with our body language and our voices and sometimes acting "as if" we are feeling differently works! At least, it does with horses. You know "make believe you're brave/and the trick will take you far/You may be as brave/As you make believe you are". Like that.
Blah Blah Blah!!! In nursing, we say, "Fake it till you make it!" We don't have time for all those ... words! LOL!

Roger, I'm really glad to hear of you happy ending! That's great news. We've all got to do what's right and every situation is different. You tried to make it work with him flighted, but it didn't. Not this time. Maybe next time... but who knows? And in the meantime you'll have opportunities to work with him on harness training and recall. As long as you've still got Merlin in your family, you've got a successful ending. Smile Way to go!

Back to top Go down
http://bunchesofbudgies.blogspot.com/
evil chicken
Umbrella Cockatoo
evil chicken

My Birds : Sam -cinnamon pied cockatiel
Drake "Ducky" Laurence Lars -sun conure
Eric -whiteface pied cockatiel
Chicky Baby -red bantee hen -my avatar. Not really a parrot, but y'know, gotta include her anyway

PostSubject: Re: Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts......   Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 9:14 pm

RogerP wrote:
Okay we finally reached the last stage of success, the shirt dive! Now I know he has truly decided to stop pouting and move on. He still goes off on his own (which I want him to do), but he comes back when I call him, though it takes a little longer. He is no longer as skittish as he was before, and definitely not as uppity. All in all, success (from my perspective, anyway)!! Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 2154879677
Yay!! Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 2154879677

RogerP wrote:
By the way, we went to the greenhouse today and actually did buy a new
shrubbery !!! Now I don't have to cut down that damn tree with a
herring! Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 820986233
Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 820986233 Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 3437489089 Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 3837688113aahhh, that just made my day Roger!
Back to top Go down
RogerP
Scarlet Macaw
RogerP

My Birds : ~Merlin - Maroon Bellied Conure
(Hatchdate May 15, 2010)

~Arthur - Red Bellied Parrot
(Hatchdate January 7, 2009, rescued October 7, 2011)

PostSubject: Re: Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts......   Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 10:53 pm

evil chicken wrote:
RogerP wrote:
Yay!! Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 2154879677

RogerP wrote:
By the way, we went to the greenhouse today and actually did buy a new
shrubbery !!! Now I don't have to cut down that damn tree with a
herring! Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 820986233
Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 820986233 Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 3437489089 Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 3837688113aahhh, that just made my day Roger!

Glad to be of assistance!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts......   Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts...... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Okay, Merlin's driving me nuts......
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2